Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
UmaroPj
eBay: UmaroPj

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by UmaroPj »

Hello,

Umaro from France.

I play and love videogames for almost 35 years now.

I think I have played almost all systems since the 8/16 bits area.

The first game I played in arcade is Shinobi, back in 1989 I think.

I began to buy real arcade PCB games like 4 years ago.

Happy to be here ;)
dynamic
eBay: palace software

Post by dynamic »

Hello,
I'm dyn, glad to join your Forum, have a new astro + raiden and some stuff.
cya
Jamesdcat
eBay: Ledlegsuk
Initials: NDM

Post by Jamesdcat »

Hi

I have just joined the forum, I have loved arcade machines since the eighties and worked in one in the early nineties, and now find myself with it as a hobby in the twenty twenties. I have a few projects on the go at the moment much to my wife’s distress but unfortunately slightly addicted. Happy to be on the forum
sl1pm0de
eBay: Sl1pm0de

Post by sl1pm0de »

I’m from the states. I love all things arcade. I also do restores and love hunting down arcade treasure wherever it may be found.

Games List
https://www.arcade-museum.com/members/m ... _id=386263

Rarest games owned
- Environmental Discs of Tron
- Splatterhouse JP
- Night Slashers US (Looking for JP version. Please DM me if you know where I can find one for sale.)

Favorite owned game
- Dedicated Ghouls n Ghosts cab that also holds Ghosts n Goblins
klee123
eBay: indigo_vision
Initials: KEV

Post by klee123 »

Heya all

I'm from Australia. Recently got a Minigun Supergun and a few boards and really getting into this hobby.

Nice to meet you all! :D
captainfatsas
eBay: gr-tser
Initials: JIM

Post by captainfatsas »

Hello,
My name is Dimitris, really happy to join the page. I love arcade games 🙂
Petkorazzi
eBay: joeldeutscher
Initials: JCD

Post by Petkorazzi »

Well, I've always found introducing myself to a group of strangers to be pretty awkward but here goes anyway!

My name is Joel but people usually call me Petko or "Pet;" I'm 38 and live in Pennsylvania, USA. Semi-frequent lurker of the forum for a while but never thought I'd actually own an arcade machine of my own or have anything to contribute to those who do so I never registered. That all changed last week. :D

After years of dreaming and searching for a Candy Cabinet (ideally an Aero City), I'd nearly given up - they're rare in the Mid-Atlantic USA and when you do find them they're quite expensive. Pure dumb luck had me stumble across a Facebook listing for a 100% functional Ms. Pac-Man machine...in a Capcom Impress cabinet with no screen burn-in or visible damage at all...for about 1/4 what I'd seen candy cabinets go for in my area. I had it loaded up in my truck that day.

Here's where I feel like the "I have no idea what I'm doing" dog meme should go. I practically lived in arcades as a youth in the 90s and have done the usual skim-reading online, but I know nothing about owning my own arcade machine. Further, this cabinet is an enigma - Ms. Pac-Man predates JAMMA, the control panel is definitely not original (it's a jigsawed piece of Lexan), and (perhaps most critically) I have no keys for the cabinet. I know there are adapter boards to convert old Midway games to JAMMA and I hope that's what's going on here, but I do have a secret fear that some mom-and-pop vending company hacked the harness to bits. Ugh. Another oddity is that the joystick in the cabinet has an octagonal gate (which is really annoying for Ms. Pac-Man).

So, here we are. I'm going to be bugging all of you with a billion questions I'm sure. Some plans/ideas for the near-mid future:

1. Pick the locks open with an impressioning tool and see what we've got going on in there; either have keys made or put new locks in.
2. Flip the jumper on the Ms. Pac-Man board to the factory setting of 10,000 points per extra life (it's set on 20,000 right now).
3. Find an original Impress 2-player control panel and put that in there.
4. Fix the coin mech and have it take 100-yen coins for that "authentic" feel.
5. Rotate the monitor (which terrifies me, as I'm afraid I'll break something) and convert to ARpiCADE

A preemptive thank-you for the welcome and here's to a long future relationship, as now that I've got this thing I'm never letting go of it!
GeryM
eBay: gemara-80
Initials: GER

Post by GeryM »

Hi arcade friends,

I am new here, although I have been watching the forum for a long time. My name is Gery, I live in the Czech Republic and as a kid I played on arcade machines and later on consoles, for me nostalgia and love for life. I have been interested in the arcade scene for many years, I own two candy cabs, two dedicated cabs and many pcb boards, neogeo games. For me it is a return to childhood, memories, beautiful times, nostalgia. Relaxation from hard times ;)
Bubu
eBay: bubu6920
Initials: BUB

Post by Bubu »

Hi, there, it's Bubu, from Spain!

I've just registered here as I was interested to adquiere an adapter listed here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=38245

When I wasn't registered, I could read that thread, and now that I'm in, I can't!! What's happening?
Anyway, I own some original PCB's as: Frogger, Hyper Olympic, Green Beret, Moon Cresta... and I'd like to show you during next days-

Thank you all !
Bubu
eBay: bubu6920
Initials: BUB

Post by Bubu »

Sorry, I get now to that thread, I understand that first I needed to be approved :awe:
Arcanoid
eBay: robd_76
Initials: ROB

Post by Arcanoid »

Hello from Germany,

arcade addicted "game-boy" since 80´s but startet collecting PCBs about 2 years ago.

Until now I´ve got a small (but fine) collection of PCBs and a long list of games i want to have.

warm regards
ROB
patzik
eBay: patzik1
Initials: PED

Post by patzik »

I'm new to the forum, so hi all!

Not completely new to the hobby, I have built a galaga cabinet in the past for my son and am now working on an SI2 cocktail that has been sitting here for years now.
I had some pcb's and acquired about 40 a few months ago, which I am repairing now. Still do repairs on other retro computers and also retro consoles.
AMS
eBay: Havenofeedback

Post by AMS »

Welkom @patzik altijd gezellig hier!
BGA Baller!
3ndy
eBay: 3ndymi0n
Initials: 3nd

Post by 3ndy »

Hi everyone from france
i'm a 40 years old french dude who love arcade since his childhood ...i own a naomi cab and i m collecting video games for almost 20 years now i m a huge sega and snk fan and i look forward to debate of the thing i love the most beside my wife and daughter , videogames yep
8-) 8-) 8-)
Tathan
eBay: goget61
Initials: TAT

Post by Tathan »

Hi everyone, my name is Nathan, but everyone calls me Tathan, Mickey or even Pepito (yeah, it's not easy to have an english name when you come from Spain).

I live in Belgium, and I've been messing around with arcade for the last 15 years, and just made the stape to get my own arcade a couple of months ago. When I was younger, my parents had a lot of jukeboxes and arcades at home. My grandpa was a big fan of coin amusement machines. But we lost a big part in a fire, and had to sell a lot of things to counterbalance our loss.

Now I only have a nonworking Wurlitzer and Chewlix that I ordered from Alibaba... but man, I'm decided to rebuild my old grandpa's empire! Even if it takes some time and craaaaazy money (yayayayaya) ;)
sorhp
eBay: ringkick
Initials: BEN

Post by sorhp »

Hi, Im from Tx, I like arcades and games. and pinball, I think there should be a shmup pinball machine.
monsieurtibo
eBay: tibo9999
Initials: BIT

Post by monsieurtibo »

Hi, I'm retrogaming lover and since few years I'm in Arcade, especially japanese Candycab.

I went to a restaurant 3 years ago, and I had a nice chat with the owner who is an ARCADE LOVER . You can also play different candies and of course you can eat many taiwanese /french dishies.
After spending hours in his place, I 've decided to get my first cab!

Today I have 2 candies and one of them was a mess to repair.... Chassis was out of service, then the CRT (yes the tube was like super blurry) So I had to find a new chassis and a new japanese tube in 25" and you know that there are not very common.

Now everything is working fine!

Have fun everyone.
rogersta
eBay: rogersta11
Initials: TAR

Post by rogersta »

Drew

Just getting into the arcade cab scene. Acquiring a NNC from @fury_force if he is on here. Plan on running a Naomi 2, triforce, chihiro via NetBoot WiPi, dc, mister and maybe some 360, ps3/2. Looking fwd to the dive!
Enkiktd
eBay: Ladygauthier

Post by Enkiktd »

Hi all!

Arcade and pinball collector here. Started out mostly pinball but lately been branching more into dedicated arcades.

Would say my most unusual home games are Spin Fever 2 (full size Japanese medal pusher game) and a horseshoe Derby Owners Club.
500pts
eBay: teh_nubxorx
Initials: SGG

Post by 500pts »

Hey, I'm 500_pts,

Been into arcade stuff for a number of years, but only recently got more serious about it. I ended up getting my first cab maybe 6 months ago and have been on a tear since. Anyways, I'm exploring the frontier, and look forward to chatting with you all :D