Sega New Net City - SOLD

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
gozaimas
eBay: yodamiffy
Initials: GOZ

Sega New Net City - SOLD

Post by gozaimas » March 24th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Selling my beautiful original Japanese Sega New Net City.

This is the last CRT cabinet that Sega made, with the highly-desirable 29 inch tri-sync Toshiba monitor that everyone wants (The Arcade Otaku wiki describes as the finest CRT ever made). It also has the additional screen control board (for brightness/ contrast/ screen size etc) installed next to the Test and Service buttons.

For the uninitiated, the NNC looks like a chopped Naomi cab, but the has fully upgraded parts across the board.

The cabinet is native wired for JVS and will run a full Naomi set-up including GD-Rom and/ or Netboot, as well as the more recent Taito Type X2 board, which will allow you to play Street Fighter IV etc on it.

I'm selling with the Jammifier add-on, a recently produced adapter from Irken Labs that allows you to plug-and-play any Jamma board (it's also currently sold out from the official store). This makes this NNC one of the most flexible cabinets money can buy: it can handle pretty much any PCB you throw at it.

This example has been very well maintained, and is clean within and without. The bezel surround has been professionally treated to eliminate any yellowing, and will now stay pure white for the remainder of its life. I currently have white buttons and sticks installed, which I think look best on these cabs, but I'll include the original black ones too.

Included in the sale is an original NNC manual, and the marquee holder (which lights up from there glow of the top light) and all of the original keys which come on a keyring.

The negatives are few and relatively minor. There is a small chip on the reverse of the plastic marquee. There is a whisper of burn in the bottom right of the screen (genuinely only visible on a pure white screen, and never during actual play.) I was unable to capture this in a photo. Lastly, there are a few scuffs on the kick plate in front of where you sit. These could be painted off easily enough by a body shop if you wanted too return the cab to mint condition.

Asking for £950, which is considerably less than I've spent on the cab over the years. Ideally pick-up and delivery by Martin (whenever the current madness dies down), but you're welcome to collect from West Sussex in person if you know what you're doing.

Last edited by gozaimas on March 27th, 2020, 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

AMS
eBay: Havenofeedback

Re: Sega New Net City - JVS + Jamma-ready

Post by AMS » March 24th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Hoe much is shipping to the Netherlands. :awe: :awe:

Sexy cab :-o

bazza2000

Post by bazza2000 » March 24th, 2020, 8:14 pm

Message sent ;)

gozaimas

Post by gozaimas » March 24th, 2020, 10:07 pm

On hold -- thanks everyone.

bazza2000

Post by bazza2000 » March 24th, 2020, 11:04 pm

gozaimas wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 10:07 MP
On hold -- thanks everyone.
Deposit paid :D

AMS

Re: Sega New Net City - On Hold

Post by AMS » March 25th, 2020, 4:36 am

Nice you got that sorted , but I reply first and ask if shipping is possible .no answer,

But hey that’s not how forums work right...

Glws ;)

gozaimas

Post by gozaimas » March 25th, 2020, 9:41 am

AMS wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 4:36 am
Nice you got that sorted , but I reply first and ask if shipping is possible .no answer,

Glws ;)
Sorry for not responding -- as per the original post though, I'm not providing any shipping on this item. It's collection only.

nem

Post by nem » March 25th, 2020, 9:44 am

AMS wrote:
Very rarely anyone ever wants to put these things on pallets and organize shipping. Would you want to do that to if someone asked you to send a cab to the UK knowing you could sell it locally too?

Why are you not asking rklok? He imports more cabs than anyone else in Europe and he's right next door to you.

AMS

Post by AMS » March 25th, 2020, 11:22 am

I just bought 2 cabs from @Rocco on a pallet from span and no problem, rklok is not the seller , and btw only things I was saying that it would be nice if he responded. Freedom of mind and speech

AMS

Post by AMS » March 25th, 2020, 12:49 pm

gozaimas wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 9:41 am
AMS wrote:

Glws ;)
Sorry for not responding -- as per the original post though, I'm not providing any shipping on this item. It's collection only.

Aight :D

gozaimas

Re: Sega New Net City - For Sale

Post by gozaimas » March 26th, 2020, 5:51 pm

Buyer had to pull out of this sale, so it’s available again.

gozaimas

Re: Sega New Net City - SOLD

Post by gozaimas » March 27th, 2020, 10:18 am

Now sold.