Rewiring AMP UP connectors

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Flazh

Rewiring AMP UP connectors

Post by Flazh »

Hey, I've got a Naomi extra button harness here, except its wired up for a different cab. How can I get the pins out of the connector in order to re-wire them for my Naomi? Do I need a special tool or can I get away with some kind of small needle/something or other type setup?
Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Re: Rewiring AMP UP connectors

Post by Mayhem »

All you need is a straightened paper clip. There's like a ridge on the pins that snaps into a one-way cavity in the housings, widen the cavity by inserting the paper clip (you'll feel when it has been inserted properly) then carefully pull the pin and paper clip out together. This is by far easiest to do when there is still a wire to pull on, if it has been cut right next to the housing you'll have to use something to push from the other side (another paper clip perhaps).
Once I start I cannot stop myself
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg »

To get the pins out of the female connector, I use a small torx or hex security bit (basically any with a hole in the middle). Just put the hole over the pin you want to remove & apply gentle pressure & it should pop right out.
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.
P-E
Please Continue...

Post by P-E »

Flazh

Post by Flazh »

Thanks alot guys! I'll give this a try :)
Flazh

Post by Flazh »

Worked perfectly :) I used a tiny flatheaded jewellers screwdriver, popped it in, wiggled it whilst tugging on the wires and it just popped straight out! Now its all wired nice and lovely for my Naomi. Cheers guys!