Couriers

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Alpha1

Re: Cabinet Couriers

Post by Alpha1 »

bloodflowers wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation for a company who can collect on a given day or days at a certain time?

I need a cab moving from Northumberland to Cambridge..

Also small update - Speedlink no longer work north of Birmingham according to a reply they just sent me. I got a quote from a local place but they want 360 + VAT - lol. Then again - probably cost 100 in petrol anyway, but still..
James,

I use shiply www.shiply.com - you get the best possible price after they fight over your business. You can specify delivery days (pickup and drop off) if you so wish too.

Oliver
lacanian
Please Continue...

Post by lacanian »

Can someone please recommend a company to ship a single cabinet from Japan?

The last quote I received from econoship for a net city cabinet was approx $1,800 USD.
- $200 ship cabinet to wood factory for a custom box
- $400 for the fumigation and custom wood box for shipping
- $200 ship cabinet to shipping company port
- $1000 for approx 2 cubic meter shipment
* plus additional fees at port.
system11

Post by system11 »

Well I had AGP ship my new Jamma cab.

Arrived with the back door off, monitor chassis board slid out the back and necked the tube, and someone had given the top a right bash which pulled the screws for the metal trim right -through- the edge of the wood.

Not impressed, going to take it up with them tomorrow - delivery paper is signed as received with damage, took photos.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

bloodflowers wrote:Well I had AGP ship my new Jamma cab.

Arrived with the back door off, monitor chassis board slid out the back and necked the tube, and someone had given the top a right bash which pulled the screws for the metal trim right -through- the edge of the wood.

Not impressed, going to take it up with them tomorrow - delivery paper is signed as received with damage, took photos.
GACK! I would not be a happy bunny dude. best of luck with that one.
system11

Post by system11 »

Lordstar wrote:
bloodflowers wrote:Well I had AGP ship my new Jamma cab.

GACK! I would not be a happy bunny dude. best of luck with that one.
Found more damage - wood missing from the chassis shelf now, extra dents put in the side, one chipped the t-mould.

Some pictures taken yesterday morning, and some taken tonight, are at:

http://www.system11.org/temp/europlay

Seller says the couriers put it in the van at a 45 degree angle to begin with due to lack of space.. As I said in another thread - absolutely gutted, these are my favourite type of JAMMA cab, I own two now. Or 1.5, depending on how you look at it.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Get your mate to do it :lol:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I was £95 last time from Sheffield to Glasgow. I guess you are further away or not on their normal routes.

Still it's for an e2 :awe:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

COD, but they can take paypal, so you could use a credit or debit card that way
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

The cabs that came from mr megalo & tone were bomb proof. I honestly think they would have been fine if the fell on their side thanks to the amount of bubble wrap. Meg also used a duvet last time in addition to the bubble wrap, cardboard and polystyrene.

Make sure it's well protected to begin with, but in the 6 times I've used lancs I've never had an issue with the condition of the cabs.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

In my experience the single most important thing is that a cab is securely fixed to a pallett and delivered with a tail lift. Any cab is **** if it falls over so do what you can to stop that happening.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

ratchet straps to hold it onto the side of the van do the trick. Every cab I've bought came on a tail lift so no drama my end
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

:x that's balls.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

I've used Gaming Direct (Kevin Hinds) for the last 3 deliveries to mine and he's cheap and relatively reliable. I say relatively. The only issue was a cabinet delivered to mine on behalf of DrDread where he'd asked for a quote, heard nothing, arranged collection with another courier only to discover GD had collected it already!

The 2 x Astro cabinets arrived here this morning from Norwich (Cheers Jon). Total = £55 per unit! That's pretty decent in my books!
Shady994
Please Continue...
eBay: lmstolton
Initials: SDY

Post by Shady994 »

Given how unreliable most couriers are, giving you a payment method which allows you to easily claim your money back if you're not happy seems like bad business sense.
It sucks waiting for your stuff to arrive, and you're being incredibly patient. I'd be tamping if I was in your shoes, especially with the lack of communication!

It will all be worth it when it arrives though mate! :awe:
LoRez

Post by LoRez »

I think,for the sake of peace of mind,you cant beat owning or hiring a van and doing it yourself.I'd rather pay the extra for diesel than trust my treasure to some courier sort.
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

Anyone know of any couriers that ship cabinets UK >< Netherlands? If so can you post information and rough prices for say a Candy Cab.
j69

Post by j69 »

Found this great site. You say what you need picking up and where from and couriers give you their best quote. Saves you the hassle of ringing around.

Just got quoted £75 for a pinball from Cambridge to Newcastle :mrgreen:

www.shiply.co.uk
Ordyne

Post by Ordyne »

Try Fox Couriers on 07976 616406

He's reliable and cheap.. Has a decent size truck with a tail lift the full side of the back of the truck.

Charges around £75 for most parts of the UK

Tell him Giz10p sent you :)
j69

Post by j69 »

j69 wrote:Found this great site. You say what you need picking up and where from and couriers give you their best quote. Saves you the hassle of ringing around.

Just got quoted £75 for a pinball from Cambridge to Newcastle :mrgreen:

http://www.shiply.co.uk
So it turns out its like a reverse ebay where people but minimum bids in. Someone trumped the £75 bid and it dropped down to £57!!! :mrgreen:
Ordyne

Post by Ordyne »

Only problem with shipley is you dont have a clue who is going to turn up.. Not great for moving arcade machines round IMHO..