I'm currently playing:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: I'm currently playing:

Post by SuperPang »

NFS Unbound.
Not really a fan of the hip-hop street theme, yo. And there is a ton of dialogue and story that seems like a complete waste of budget. Quite amusing how it even attempts to get political. It's the cost of living that's driven me to smashing up cop cars, dawg. :lolno: Also, it's a real grind early on until you can buy the right car and tweak the handling to your liking, and you're always re-treading the same race routes. Apart from that, it's absolutely **** brilliant! It's made by Criterion and the racing is reminiscent of peak Burnout, with a bit of Midnight Club thrown in. Once you get to the faster cars, it's the kind of racing that dries your eyeballs out from lack of blinking. Highly addictive.

Hi-Fi Rush.
One of the best looking games I've seen in years. Incredible, seamless animation. The rhythm based combat works brilliantly. Seems to be bloody ages before you get to really get into it, however. The levels are pretty long and there are so many tutorials at first. Lots of cut scenes too but I can forgive that when it looks so good.

Metroid Prime Remastered.
A superb remaster of a classic game. The gameplay has aged really well. All it needed was twin stick controls and facelift. It's hard to think of a game with better level design. Fantastic to be rediscovering this 20 years on. Essential stuff.

Goldeneye (Xbox Series X)
It's a ROM with upscaled graphics and widescreen. It's still great, it's Goldeneye, but after all the drama, this is the best they can do?
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Breakpoint. :oops:

Emulation's nice when done well
MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

SuperPang wrote: February 16th, 2023, 6:54 pm Metroid Prime Remastered.
A superb remaster of a classic game. The gameplay has aged really well. All it needed was twin stick controls and facelift. It's hard to think of a game with better level design. Fantastic to be rediscovering this 20 years on. Essential stuff.
I was hoping for a trilogy release before 4 comes out. Now waiting for the physical release. Was my first FPS after the original Doom and I loved it.
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

I seemed to miss it completely the first time around somehow. I'm really looking forward to playing it as it looks right up my strasse.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Yoshi's Crafted World

I'd give this a perfect rating if it wasn't for (some of) the recorder tunes. Every level has made me smile with the amount of thought and care that's been put in (playing them in reverse shows all the sticky tape and backs of boxes everything is made from!). It controls beautifully, it's stunning to look at and deceptively easy - whilst it's a breeze to play and clear levels, completing them 100% can be tough.

I think I like it mainly as it's so gentle a game. There's no timer ticking down, no momentum, no character getting impatient when you leave them alone.

Can't recommend it enough.
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

Akka Arrh - Thanks Mr Minter.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX with the arcade stick on the TX3 which is actually a lot better than I though it would be.

Had a Naomi emu session too really bought back the old memoires.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Mate came over today & we had a Double Dragon & Final Fight (one handed play as my son fell asleep) marathon on the Lindy.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

cools wrote: February 19th, 2023, 11:52 pm Yoshi's Crafted World

I'd give this a perfect rating if it wasn't for (some of) the recorder tunes. Every level has made me smile with the amount of thought and care that's been put in (playing them in reverse shows all the sticky tape and backs of boxes everything is made from!). It controls beautifully, it's stunning to look at and deceptively easy - whilst it's a breeze to play and clear levels, completing them 100% can be tough.

I think I like it mainly as it's so gentle a game. There's no timer ticking down, no momentum, no character getting impatient when you leave them alone.

Can't recommend it enough.
Getting further into it the challenge has ramped up a bit, and the recorder music has ceased grating - the main melody is a bit of an earworm.

The fact that my 3 and 5 year old kids can get around in it without getting overly stressed is fantastic too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

metroid prime remastered , I struggle with 1st person shooters and end up being lost most of the time ,so far its held my attention and im not lost yet :lol: ,although having checked the map im still in the 1st area ! :lolno: my joycons ,both sets seemingly at once started to drift ,picked up a cheapo wireless controller of amazon and makes a huge differance

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

yeah the map is a bit odd the remastering seems to have made it so far easy enough to distinguish between stuff more so than the gc vasoline of vision version that I vaguely remember trying

On a side note my brother gave me a ps4 over a year ago now and yet to turn it on outside of trying out spiderman that was on it ....no interest or idea what to play on it

SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I finished Metroid Prime Remastered yesterday actually. Most enjoyable 18 hours of gaming in a while.

I never bothered to finish it on GC for the reasons mentioned above, and I don't like the 2D Metroid games because of all the backtracking and wondering where to go. Thought I'd feel the same about this version but for some reason it really gripped me this time. The world is just a fascinating place to explore, and you're never far away from finding a new feature that opens up cool new bits. It looks really nice for a Switch game, and the level design is so clever. If they made this now you'd have waypoints and warp stations but it's a better game without them. It's surprising how quickly you can get about the maps once you're suited up and you always discover hidden stuff along the way. The game gives you hints eventually. As long as you take your time and scan stuff along the way, you can always figure it out.
kernow wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:58 am I can't stand the self righteous prick either
Perfect.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Super Metroid is a absolute masterpiece.

...I've been playing Garouden Breakblow Fist or Twist. :whoopsie:

Almost finished Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. Just going to check if there are any side missions left. I refuse to get any DLC for it as the game's a total mess.
Emulation's nice when done well
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

yeah its a good feature that there is nearly always some feature being unlocked and I don't find im wondering aimlessly trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing or where im going. I don't know where im going but still its not an issue so far :lol: Im only about an hr in as had to switch controllers !

/me tells myself I can manage 18ish hrs

I was late to supermetroid very late but it is fantastic.

MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

Also picked up Metroid Prime Remastered on the weekend. Still a great game. Scanning the environment makes the game so much immersive. Rather than just having the story told to you, you actually discover it piece by piece by scanning all sorts of stuff. The music is ace. Narrator voice is crap.
I've read that MP2 and 3 will come out as well but not as "fully rematered as MP1", whatever that means. Can't wait for MP4 :awe: .
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

After playing Captain Toad the whole day. I start Metroid Dread. I hope it's fun
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Dread’s great except for the EMMIs :problem:
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

crunchywasp wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:05 pm Dread’s great except for the EMMIs :problem:
Oh dear. These are painful.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Yeah, those weren't helping my cortisol levels, I stopped playing it during the third encounter