New Astro city buzz ?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
lastspaceship
eBay: ebay.co.uk/usr/mattcmonfeet
Initials: TLS

New Astro city buzz ?

Post by lastspaceship »

Getting some help on UKVac but thought I’d check with the candy cab pros. Finally brought in a second nac which immediately made me notice a buzzing noise in the other one. I had thought either psu or monitor. (It’s quite hard to tell where the sound is coming from in there !) had a good suggestion to check light balast. Disconnected the light still got the buzz. Anyone had similar? Tips appreciated. It’s drowned out when the volume up, I just noticed it more with the other being so quiet in comparison.

Vid here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m8tj4gfe7qqr ... 9.MOV?dl=0

Matt
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Re: New Astro city buzz ?

Post by phillv85 »

Try disconnecting the monitor. It should be a 9, 12 or 15 pin (sorry, can't remember properly) AMP U/P connector on the left of the monitor frame. If it still buzzes then it's likely PSU.
lastspaceship

Post by lastspaceship »

Ah thanks appreciated. Just did exactly that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfdoukxd35xge ... 4.MOV?dl=0 (A video of a quiet cab :) )

Quiet, which I guess leaves the monitor. Not 100 percent sure of next step, might need to get some help. But expect it may need checking. I do have a spare chassis that came with it too.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Next step for me would be to take the monitor out, then hook it up to the cab while it's outside the cab. It could be all sorts of things, but I'd check the neck of the monitor, make sure it's not arcing and that there are no hairline cracks in it. Also check that the flyback has no visible signs of damage. There's others on here that'll be better at giving monitor advice than me, but I'd start with those two.
lastspaceship

Post by lastspaceship »

Thanks much appreciated. Thinking of going servicing route too.
At some point an admin might want to bump this to monitor section if I track it and get it fixed.