Tekken 6 Bloodline - Namco 357 - not working

PCB problems and fixes
tronbaby
eBay: tronbaby
Initials: LOU

Tekken 6 Bloodline - Namco 357 - not working

Post by tronbaby »

Hi everyone,

I bought a Namco 357 with Tekken 6 on YAJ, it arrived, I plugged it into my Vewlix C but it's not displaying a picture or audio.
Everything is connected to the right place, VGA, audio, dongle, JVS IO etc. The only thing I dont have connected is the 12V DC in. Does anyone know if that's a necessity?
If it is, does anyone know how I can get a 12V line from a Vewlix C, that's new territory for me, everything else I've had in previously has just needed AC.

Thanks
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Tekken 6 Bloodline - Namco 357 - not working

Post by nem »

I know nothing about 357, but I suspect the 12V connection is needed.

As for 12V, there's two or three PSUs in a Vewlix C. There's a 24V PSU at the back for the monitor. Then there's a 12V PSU on the right for the sound amp and IO. Finally, there's likely also a Wei-Ya JVS PSU on the left, but I know some have been stripped out by now. The JVS PSU has 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails.

If you have the JVS PSU, there seems to be an adapter from the JVS connectors to the 357. Google for pics for 'namco 357' and you'll see it.

If you don't have the JVS PSU, then you'll have to fashion an adapter that plugs in to the 12V PSU. There's a 12V output header on the JVS IO which usually powers the Nesica card reader, but without knowing how many amps is needed, I probably wouldn't use that.
tronbaby
eBay: tronbaby
Initials: LOU

Post by tronbaby »

Thanks Nem. I did some digging and found this article... viewtopic.php?t=22062
So it looks like it needs the +12V in to load. How strange. I have a System 369 and it doesnt have that, neither does the ES3.
I'll have a closer look at the PSU to see what the 12V output options are.
Thanks for your help
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

@FrancoB may be able to make you up an adapter :thumbupright:
"Please contact the local attendant"