Aka & Blue Type R

Coin-operated games and arcades.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Aka & Blue Type R

Post by nem »

I got mine too. I'm not a good enough player to say anything about it. I'll see if any of the shmup masters locally wants to give it a whirl.
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

I’ve put in maybe 5 hours in the game in between meetings and whatever and I have to say, Tanoshimasu nailed it big time. Like Superpang said earlier, it’s massively fun and it’s hard to find any fault with it. It’s hard, sure, but it’s so fun that I find myself playing just one more credit time after time. The ships seem decently balanced to me but I still prefer Blue and find myself enjoying the game more with it. The bosses are super hard but not impossible. It’s somewhere between Futari and Ketsui for me interms of bullet spreads. Super beautiful and engaging and fun to maneuver. The soundtrack is excellent and there are some fun syncs to the stages like the crescendo of the music leading into the stage 3 boss train where you descend that pipe. I have a 4.3 billion high score so far and just finished a credit where I almost finished off the stage 3 boss. For anyone thinking of checking it out, I can’t recommend it enough.
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Yeah, it's a fire title for sure. I hope more people give it a go! Tons of fun, looks great. Haven't tried the new patch yet, but I've heard great things about that too.
themisterfalcon
eBay: themisterfalcon
Initials: MRF

Post by themisterfalcon »

The 1.2 update for Aka is something else. It practically feels like a new game.

After playing the original version for a year-ish and hitting a wall at the Stage 2 boss/beginning of stage 3, I instantly noticed an improvement. Yesterday I was able to make it well into stage 4 with Red. I even found an extend on Stage 3. Not sure if that is new with the update, or I simply never made it that far!

Also, the test menu is navigable with the joystick. No more of that Naomi style menu navigation. Small fix but very much needed.

(playing on a CRT with Capcom IO for those wondering)
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Nice. Will get mine done in the new year.

You get the stage 3 extend by destroying the big turret thing. I gave up on Firebird early on. Blue Owls directional bombs are a must.
themisterfalcon
eBay: themisterfalcon
Initials: MRF

Post by themisterfalcon »

SuperPang wrote: December 28th, 2020, 10:39 pm Nice. Will get mine done in the new year.

You get the stage 3 extend by destroying the big turret thing. I gave up on Firebird early on. Blue Owls directional bombs are a must.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion, I figured it was that large turret. Red also becomes more powerful in stage 3 and on.

I want to learn Blue but the directional stuff messes with me. Same reason I can't play any of the pivoting helicopter shooties (like Under Defeat).
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Crowd funded edition turned out nice.

zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Bloody hell! That's gorgeous! :-o
drboom

Post by drboom »

If any one knows where to get that soundtrack, let me know!
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

drboom wrote: December 30th, 2020, 3:37 pm If any one knows where to get that soundtrack, let me know!

https://wasi303.stores.jp/
VxD
eBay: virtualxdriver
Initials: VxD

Post by VxD »

@Shou since you’re around, any plans to sell the (few?) remaining Aka&Blue kits to individual customers in Japan via official channels like BEEP or KVCLab?
I missed out on the crowdfunding event (and I have enough of one motherboard with the SDOJ LE’s) but still wish to purchase a copy.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

VxD wrote: December 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm @Shou since you’re around, any plans to sell the (few?) remaining Aka&Blue kits to individual customers in Japan via official channels like BEEP or KVCLab?
I missed out on the crowdfunding event (and I have enough of one motherboard with the SDOJ LE’s) but still wish to purchase a copy.
Unfortunately, it's not up to us, the sole decision is with Tanoshimasu and right now, it's a negative.
VxD

Post by VxD »

Shou wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 6:08 am
VxD wrote: December 31st, 2020, 1:19 pm @Shou since you’re around, any plans to sell the (few?) remaining Aka&Blue kits to individual customers in Japan via official channels like BEEP or KVCLab?
Unfortunately, it's not up to us, the sole decision is with Tanoshimasu and right now, it's a negative.
Thanks for the insight, that’s a bummer.
They really don’t want people to play their game, do they? :roll:
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I think we're extremely fortunate to have been able to buy this overseas, and at a cheaper price than Japanese operators pay via a distributor. Very much a reversal of gaijin fortune.

I hope the same applies if Tanoshimasu release another game. I see from the amendment on the website that there may have been some proxy shenanigans.
drboom

Post by drboom »

Shou wrote: December 31st, 2020, 9:52 am
drboom wrote: December 30th, 2020, 3:37 pm If any one knows where to get that soundtrack, let me know!

https://wasi303.stores.jp/
Thanks! Bought!
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

VxD wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:27 am
Shou wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 6:08 am
Thanks for the insight, that’s a bummer.
They really don’t want people to play their game, do they? :roll:
It's a bummer indeed. But I understand that business wise, they want to keep their game in the game centers exclusively as long as it's profitable.
On the other hand, in Japan it's easier to find a game center not far from your home to play the game or at least try to convince the local operator to buy it...
If the situation was the same in the West, players would be totally ****.
VxD

Post by VxD »

While I can understand the reasons Tanoshimasu would push for an exclusivity in Japanese game centers, now that Magic Spice has brought down their cabinet, the only option for me to play the game is to take a plane to Tokyo (I live in Hokkaido.)

I see the game is now “out of stock” on the exA international website. Gone for good?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

VxD wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:02 amI see the game is now “out of stock” on the exA international website. Gone for good?
It's been out of stock at least four or five times. Shou said Tanoshimasu was done with development on the game and then a month later they released 1.2.0. It's a wishy washy company. I would just keep my eye on the store.
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Post by suicider »

In case anyone's interested the Aka to Blue Type-R soundtrack has been finally released on December 29th. And it turned out damn fine :awe: Same goes for the bonus 'Appnend Disc' which you'll receive for free when ordering directly from the WASi303 store:

https://wasi303.stores.jp/items/5fd6dc3 ... 47c1d4b616

Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Sent back my Aka2blue for an update and it got returned like this. It's very sticky too :roll: