SNK's new console

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
nem
Needs a custom rank

SNK's new console

Post by nem »

Did we have a thread for this yet? Couldn't find one. Delete or merge, if needed.

Now made with Saudi money. Still isn't as powerful as an exA :ugeek:

(possibly)
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: SNK's new console

Post by zak »

Home or arcade? :think:
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

it'll probably be the mini .........again :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Wifi symbol would suggest some streaming thing I guess?

Also, that is a terrible font on that text. Christ. Did someone actually get paid to make that image?
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Neo Geo X 2, spend £25 on 5 games on an SD card that have already been sold in a hundred variations, usually for less money.

arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I do hope it has a complete piece of **** screen, and preferably scaling issues. Please have some sort of uncomfortable control option too with analogue sticks instead of a dpad.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I always assumed this was just another naff device like the Neo Geo Mini and that arcade stick thing until Shou's infamous Exa comment which suggested this has a bit more grunt than that.

From that look of that teaser it's a proper console with online competitive play. I would've thought digital only, although you never know. So the question is, does it simply contain the same old catalogue that everyone already has? Surely it has to offer something more. Remakes? Brand new exclusives like the new Metal Slug and KOF would be a bold move, bordering on stupid. They'll get multi-format releases surely.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Streaming online games only.
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Post by Wurstkopp »

It's so sad that nobody really believes in new consoles (apart from the 3 known big players) anymore, not without reason of course. I remember getting a hard-on every time some of the multiple companies announced a new console back in the day. Not all of them were good but at least they deserved the name "console", with a new hardware and new games to play. Now it's always just another rebranded Mega Drive etc. :(
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

nem wrote: December 15th, 2020, 11:25 am Wifi symbol would suggest some streaming thing I guess?

Also, that is a terrible font on that text. Christ. Did someone actually get paid to make that image?
had thought the same myself on the text used, its Woefull ,hopefully not sublimal sign of this new console !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

No one hoping for just a GGPO type online play thing for the SNK back catalogue? That’s the best thing they could, and haven’t yet released, surely.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

pubjoe wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:38 pm No one hoping for just a GGPO type online play thing for the SNK back catalogue? That’s the best thing they could, and haven’t yet released, surely.
Honestly, that wouldn't be half bad. Get a team of modders to finish up Garou 2 for it.

Wurstkopp wrote: December 15th, 2020, 1:29 pm It's so sad that nobody really believes in new consoles (apart from the 3 known big players) anymore, not without reason of course. I remember getting a hard-on every time some of the multiple companies announced a new console back in the day. Not all of them were good but at least they deserved the name "console", with a new hardware and new games to play. Now it's always just another rebranded Mega Drive etc. :(
There's Atari VCS for you.

https://atarivcs.com/
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Post by Wurstkopp »

Still no erection . :(
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

WHY do they keep doing this? Likelihood of this being a new system with new games is slim to nill. :lolno:

With the description they give, at best it will be the same old games that have been thrust upon us time and time again,
but with an online multilayer connection :roll: :problem:

With the (lack of)quality of the latest stuff they've already released i can't see this new machine breaking the mould. They would need a decent infrastructure to host lots of games, and the console would need half decent performance to be able to run the networking OS behind the scenes and the emulator in the foreground
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

It's a King of Fighters console, running all KOF games + the multicart variations.

It'll be shaped like a fist so all SNK fanboys can bend over and use it whenever.