Import duty / Consoles US to UK

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Re: Import duty / Consoles US to UK

Post by cRacKh0rN »

Mine has arrived but I didn't pay the fee?
I'm guessing the invoice is in the post.

I've decided to sell it as a result of the fee. Is anyone interested before I put it on ebay?
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

Gulp... I was looking forward to getting my Toaplan collection....
Loving robots since the 80's.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

cRacKh0rN wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:32 pm Mine has arrived but I didn't pay the fee?
I'm guessing the invoice is in the post.

I've decided to sell it as a result of the fee. Is anyone interested before I put it on ebay?
I'm in the same boat - received mine yesterday, and am still waiting for the full Customs breakdown (yeah, they always send this in the post, at least from my experience). At the very least, I'm going to refuse to pay the clearance fee...and I wouldn't mind betting Fedex is massively inflating the shipping (so they can charge more VAT there). I had a package last year, where they claimed FromJapan had shipped a package to me at a 'subsidized rate' - and proceeded to try and charge me VAT on their 'internal rates'...which were about 3.5x more expensive :problem:

I'm also wondering about selling mine. Never dreamt it would end up costing so much, all in :( Will probably hold on to it until the New Year, and make a final decision then.
Sunder
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Post by Sunder »

Ah so this is the why I got hit by an insane 100% tariff and service for books and dvds from the US recently.
Ordered some from Amazon. After DHL hit me with that **** tax and fees I was like... "Nope, send that **** back".
Quickly asked for a refund. Amazon has not refunded me yet.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I wonder if anyone is waiting for a container of cabs to come from the US. That's going be a fun surprise.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

nem wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 2:28 pm I wonder if anyone is waiting for a container of cabs to come from the US. That's going be a fun surprise.
I think the tariff is only for air shipped items. I hope so for anyone that is waiting!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Nope. Doesn't matter how it's being shipped.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

I can't find any information either way on that but the basis is the aircraft dispute
Following the adjudications in the WTO dispute DS353 United States – Measures Affecting Trade in Large Civil Aircraft, and following the authorisation of the WTO Dispute Settlement Body, the European Union shall suspend the application to the trade of the United States of import duty concessions under the GATT 1994 in respect of the products listed in Annex I and Annex II to this Regulation.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

The dispute is over subsidies to Boeing from the US which may give them an advantage over Airbus.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

Just as an update - Fedex finally sent me a breakdown of the charge today in the post. Weirdly, the total had been adjusted to £87.88 (even though I hadn't, as of yet, contested the original charge). So, I went ahead and paid - as this this was around what I was expecting when I first placed the order.

No idea if this has happened to anyone else...or if they just decided to reduce mine based on the fact I have form for arguing ad nauseam about Customs charges :lol: But was definitely a very welcome surprise :awe: