Dodonpachi Saidaioujou EXA LABEL

Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou EXA LABEL

Post by SuperPang »

I think it's becoming clear that CAVE sadly don't have the arcade staff any more. I hope I'm wrong but look at the absolute state of the shooting bits in their mobile games.

I think the LE might be a BEEP exclusive. KVC Lab mention an exclusive poster when you order through them. A bit like the Shottriggers approach.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Soooo, did they drop out to start a new venture?

The can name themselves "Spelunkers".
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Due to feedback here, I am happy to say we will include Vewlix artwork to AO members - free of charge. Include your handle name in your order.

There is more to the LE than what is announced. Stay tuned next week.
The POP are 180 cm tall and will be very expensive to ship. There is the very real risk of it getting damaged while in transit which we cannot take responsibility for.
If fans want the LE, let it be known here and we can see about an allotment for overseas. If you want a super LE with every POP, tell us (this will not be available in Japan).
We will only make it once and then it will be done, no reprints.

You can be sure that many people including IKD are closely watching this release. Most of the original staff are still there but Cave is a publicly traded company with obligations to shareholders.
Any product needs to be worth their time (ie makes real money). Make it worth their while and more will come.
Shou

Post by Shou »

cools wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:29 am I'd quite like to be able to buy some of the posters - Psyvariar Delta in particular. Be nice if they were available as fan service
This is something we can consider if there are enough people who want them. We are afraid of the royal mail and such crushing them though.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

SuperPang wrote: October 8th, 2020, 11:51 am
Grinning Cat wrote: October 8th, 2020, 10:15 am I did wonder a while back if they might invent a new price tier for this one :roll: I really think there should just be a fixed price for kits...even prior to this release, it never really sat right having things like A&B costing 430 SGD more than the 'base' prices.
I actually think A&B is quite keenly priced. It's not even available to the public in Japan and is considerably more expensive through distributors. It's the system's killer app and it's the same price as Kung Fu.
I don't think A&B is badly priced, as such. I'm absolutely in love with even the mobile version...so I have little doubt it's a great game. I guess I just slightly resent scaling prices by desirability. After all, other than any differences in licensing, manufacturing costs are exactly the same.

The rumours of Sony hiking the prices of first-party PS5 exclusives feels similarly off (assuming that one ever comes to pass).
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Shou wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:07 pm Due to feedback here, I am happy to say we will include Vewlix artwork to AO members - free of charge. Include your handle name in your order.

There is more to the LE than what is announced. Stay tuned next week.
The POP are 180 cm tall and will be very expensive to ship. There is the very real risk of it getting damaged while in transit which we cannot take responsibility for.
If fans want the LE, let it be known here and we can see about an allotment for overseas. If you want a super LE with every POP, tell us (this will not be available in Japan).
We will only make it once and then it will be done, no reprints.

You can be sure that many people including IKD are closely watching this release. Most of the original staff are still there but Cave is a publicly traded company with obligations to shareholders.
Any product needs to be worth their time (ie makes real money). Make it worth their while and more will come.
I'll start the queue for the super edition :awe:
jase

Post by jase »

Will the Limited Editions be available via the Exa site?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:07 pm Due to feedback here, I am happy to say we will include Vewlix artwork to AO members - free of charge. Include your handle name in your order.
Wow, thanks! I have already ordered (I think you know who I am by now).

Sod it, I'll upgrade to the LE when the time comes please. Just the one cut-out of shame for me though.

Great to hear that a true CAVE renaissance is still possible.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Shou wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:10 pm
cools wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:29 am I'd quite like to be able to buy some of the posters - Psyvariar Delta in particular. Be nice if they were available as fan service
This is something we can consider if there are enough people who want them. We are afraid of the royal mail and such crushing them though.
Shipping in decent tubes should be fine, don't ship the things in boxes (like Taito)!
kntain
Please Continue...
eBay: tain_9891

Post by kntain »

This seems like a pretty trivial question, but this game will have an option to select between 90/270 vertical orientations like Aka to Blue, right? I assume all vertical games do, but since it's a game-level option I figure I'd double check.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Grinning Cat wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:12 pm
I don't think A&B is badly priced, as such. I'm absolutely in love with even the mobile version...so I have little doubt it's a great game. I guess I just slightly resent scaling prices by desirability. After all, other than any differences in licensing, manufacturing costs are exactly the same.

The rumours of Sony hiking the prices of first-party PS5 exclusives feels similarly off (assuming that one ever comes to pass).
Besides what you have mentioned, there are development costs which can wildly vary depending upon the number of people involved from engineers, designers, musicians, illustrators etc and of course IP cost.

The Beetles costs way more than the local band at the pub. Why besides that they're The Beetles? You have to pay for all of the people that put in work around them.
Shou

Post by Shou »

jase wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:40 pm Will the Limited Editions be available via the Exa site?
Yes
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

:awe:
Last edited by Nomax on October 9th, 2020, 7:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Yeah all those wasi303 creditscreens sure ramp up the costs
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

Shou wrote: October 9th, 2020, 4:31 am
Grinning Cat wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Besides what you have mentioned, there are development costs which can wildly vary depending upon the number of people involved from engineers, designers, musicians, illustrators etc and of course IP cost.

The Beetles costs way more than the local band at the pub. Why besides that they're The Beetles? You have to pay for all of the people that put in work around them.
You’re right – I was definitely oversimplifying things.

However, I do slightly disagree with The Beatles analogy. This isn’t a one-off live performance; it’s a physical product (albeit one produced in relatively small numbers). If I go and buy a Beatles LP or CD, that album might have originally cost far more to produce and record than many other albums – but that isn’t reflected in the final price. Otherwise, I’d be paying £200 for that album (compared to a tenner for some album made on a laptop).

Same goes for cinema. The ticket price for a blockbuster with a $250m budget is largely the same (depending on the cinema) as an independent film made on a relative shoe string.

In both cases, there’s an ‘accepted’ cost for that item or experience (unaffected by original budget or desirability).

Presumably, this will be the exA equivalent of a Beatles album or blockbuster – and will be really popular (both with operators and collectors). So, will make more money just by selling more units. I just feel raising the price as well, sends out the wrong message.

Anyway, I’m really not meaning to sound down on this release. Despite my criticism of the price, I’d very much love to own it myself. And am crossing my fingers Cave commit to more releases after this one. I guess I’m just really not a fan of these different price tiers.
Laudec
Please Continue...
eBay: Laudec
Initials: LDK

Post by Laudec »

i see on EXA website the name is "TRUE DEATH" it's the final name ? or just for eu ?
if I buy on official website these are i the art-set I will received ?

I don't like this name ;)
Shou

Post by Shou »

Laudec wrote: October 11th, 2020, 2:03 am i see on EXA website the name is "TRUE DEATH" it's the final name ? or just for eu ?

Normal art set has both English and Japanese. Vewlix art set is Japanese only.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Are there any gameplay vids yet?

It is also kinda hard to decide which version to take, with the recent LE Print motive , I’d rather take the regular edition.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Laudec
Please Continue...
eBay: Laudec
Initials: LDK

Post by Laudec »

Shou wrote: October 11th, 2020, 3:35 am
Laudec wrote: October 11th, 2020, 2:03 am i see on EXA website the name is "TRUE DEATH" it's the final name ? or just for eu ?

Normal art set has both English and Japanese. Vewlix art set is Japanese only.
perfect 8-)
caincan

Post by caincan »

Shou wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:07 pm you can be sure that many people including IKD are closely watching this release. Most of the original staff are still there but Cave is a publicly traded company with obligations to shareholders.
did they took in consideration loads of requests for re-runs of their best pcb & kits ? hell no... schyzo twist there if it's true.. but perhaps cheaper material memory chip is in the math too..