exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Jan »

that is probably a Alpha Display Product. If so, you can probably get this much cheaper in the EU. These use cheap china made Panels, if i`m not mistaking.

Taitotech selling Screens you would suspect in a china vewlix ? priceless.

edit.
yep.
AUO Panel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jan on September 23rd, 2020, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:40 pm We have 8 of these for our Vewlix cabs on location.
Veering off topic here, but how easy was it to fit to whatever Vewlix models you have? Wouldn't mind a Dia Blue with one of these.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

On the deleted post about getting hit by customs again:
It is possible to get documents from customs that you are sending it for repair/upgrade etc. Though you have to fix those papers before you send it and then also proof that the fix/upgrade etc was free.
(At least in Sweden.)
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Yeah thats what google told me too hence the deleted post :)
ArcadeSTG

Post by ArcadeSTG »

Jan wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:57 pm that is probably a Alpha Display Product. If so, you can probably get this much cheaper in the EU. These use cheap china made Panels, if i`m not mistaking.

Taitotech selling Screens you would suspect in a china vewlix ? priceless.

edit.
yep.
AUO Panel
P320HVN01 was the one of the first 1080P Vewlix panel from Taitotech. The one of the flyer:
I think it was from 2014.

APD-A3204 -> T320HVN06? Then, the only thing that it is clear is that the 2020 model has less brightness than the 2014 model. I wish we had more information about the monitors.
A piece of Akihabara in your Home?
http://akihabarainhome.com
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

i wonder why they went with the standard screen while AD has a gaming solution in 32". Probably more expensive.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Jan wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 2:32 pm i wonder why they went with the standard screen while AD has a gaming solution in 32". Probably more expensive.
What are you using in your Diamonds Janman?
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

I keep my cabs original. And I would not worry about any of the Vewlix screens.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Jan wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 3:13 pm I keep my cabs original. I would not worry about any of the Vewlix screens.
:thumbup:
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

monouchi wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:55 pm On the deleted post about getting hit by customs again:
It is possible to get documents from customs that you are sending it for repair/upgrade etc. Though you have to fix those papers before you send it and then also proof that the fix/upgrade etc was free.
(At least in Sweden.)
Same in Belgium.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Magic Spice Game Center in Japan has announced it will permanently remove Aka to Blue R on October 14th.

Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Shou wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:40 pm The system update service is free and we will pay for DHL shipping back.

The new update comes with region select, faster loading and among other things the optimal resolution output for Vewlix Diamond Black cabinets. The factory monitor in these cabinets do not return a good EDID.

Also, for those collectors who want the best of the best, Taito Tech is offering a new 1080p replacement monitor (APD-A3204) for Vewlix cabinets that is far better than any of the previous models. It is ~90,000 yen with minimal display lag as opposed to the 8ms or so on the Diamond Blacks. We have 8 of these for our Vewlix cabs on location.
Is there a way to easily determine if what we have needs to be updated or not- cart wise?

I do know one of my motherboards does. I had one of your guys over to eyeball the issue with the Diamond Black and the monitor situation. An EDID emulator wouldn't help, so it'll be nice to get that done up.

re: Screens. I have 2 FCs with stock monitors, 1 DB and 1 FC w/ a DB monitor- it's a shame to swap the DB monitors out, but I'm assuming the biggest gains will be seen on the FC cabinets. How big of a difference are you guys noticing going from a DB to one of the newest screens?
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

Keep us updated on the shipping situation, it is unfortunate that I will have to send this back to Japan, but cannot be helped.
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

EOJ wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:12 am Magic Spice Game Center in Japan has announced it will permanently remove Aka to Blue R on October 14th.

It's not a game center, it's a restaurant. I wonder where this copy of the game will end up.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Nomax wrote: September 26th, 2020, 6:00 am
EOJ wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:12 am Magic Spice Game Center in Japan has announced it will permanently remove Aka to Blue R on October 14th.

It's not a game center, it's a restaurant. I wonder where this copy of the game will end up.
Well, in the tweet they call it "Magic Spice Game Center", which is why I used the same nomenclature.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
Nomax

Post by Nomax »

battlesmurf wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:55 am I do know one of my motherboards does. I had one of your guys over to eyeball the issue with the Diamond Black and the monitor situation. An EDID emulator wouldn't help, so it'll be nice to get that done up.
As motherboard goes, anything older than v1.3.0 has to be updated (version number is visible in test mode).

Regarding the monitor identification, you may still select the resolution manually in exA test mode but it's not always easy to know what is the best resolution for an arcade monitor, especially when you don't have easy access to the monitor model number.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

EOJ wrote: September 26th, 2020, 6:05 am Well, in the tweet they call it "Magic Spice Game Center", which is why I used the same nomenclature.
It was a bizarre promotional thing with the Magic Spice curry restaurant. There are a few visual tweaks to the game. Tanoshimasu made 20 copies available when crowd funding the soundtrack. viewtopic.php?p=532154#p532154
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Sure would not we all do the same for our favorite local restaurant :eh: :P

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

battlesmurf wrote: September 26th, 2020, 1:55 am
Shou wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:40 pm The system update service is free and we will pay for DHL shipping back.

The new update comes with region select, faster loading and among other things the optimal resolution output for Vewlix Diamond Black cabinets. The factory monitor in these cabinets do not return a good EDID.

Also, for those collectors who want the best of the best, Taito Tech is offering a new 1080p replacement monitor (APD-A3204) for Vewlix cabinets that is far better than any of the previous models. It is ~90,000 yen with minimal display lag as opposed to the 8ms or so on the Diamond Blacks. We have 8 of these for our Vewlix cabs on location.
Is there a way to easily determine if what we have needs to be updated or not- cart wise?

I do know one of my motherboards does. I had one of your guys over to eyeball the issue with the Diamond Black and the monitor situation. An EDID emulator wouldn't help, so it'll be nice to get that done up.

re: Screens. I have 2 FCs with stock monitors, 1 DB and 1 FC w/ a DB monitor- it's a shame to swap the DB monitors out, but I'm assuming the biggest gains will be seen on the FC cabinets. How big of a difference are you guys noticing going from a DB to one of the newest screens?
All customers with available updates will be contacted in mid October.

Almost half a frame difference between the Diamond Black factory monitor and the Taito Tech replacements.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

some useable data would be most welcome.