Naomi nanao yoke

For monitor related issues
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Naomi nanao yoke

Post by zumbito »

I have a NAomi whith a Nanao monitor (not usre if 2932 or 2934), thing is the image looks all folded over, like half vertical colapse. I took it to the technician, and he repaired the monitor, but when I took it back it still had the same issue. I took the chasis and tube this time and he said it was the yoke. So I tried to source one without luck. Does anyone know it the one of 2931 will work? OR does anyone has one for sale?

Thanks!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Naomi nanao yoke

Post by nem »

2930 / 31 / 32 / 33 / 34 are all 0.200mH, so at least you won't blow anything up. With some yokes you need to replace the heater resistor with a different one (the picture will be dim). Try it and see what it looks like.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

heater resistor is only if you swap tube and is of different manufacturer
PrincessPrinPrin
eBay: *mkl*
Initials: MKL

Post by PrincessPrinPrin »

zumbito wrote: September 6th, 2020, 7:30 am I took it to the technician, and he repaired the monitor, but when I took it back it still had the same issue. I took the chasis and tube this time and he said it was the yoke.
If it was the yoke what did he repair the first time around? :think:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

grantspain wrote: September 6th, 2020, 10:38 amheater resistor is only if you swap tube and is of different manufacturer
Well yeah, now that you say it, that does make more sense :oops:

However, different manufacturer? I had to do this on a chassis sometime ago, when I swapped a 2933 chassis on a 2930 monitor. Both tubes were Tosh. Didn't think to check the tube model number though, because both were seemingly the same.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

PrincessPrinPrin wrote: September 6th, 2020, 11:29 am
zumbito wrote: September 6th, 2020, 7:30 am I took it to the technician, and he repaired the monitor, but when I took it back it still had the same issue. I took the chasis and tube this time and he said it was the yoke.
If it was the yoke what did he repair the first time around? :think:
Exactly... He said he changed some stuff, what can I say... Good thing is I tried it the other day in a friend's Naoi and it worked. At least that's something. I will use a 2931 then, I have one lying around.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

i have seen bad vertical winding take out vertical ic before
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

I trust the guy, there is always the doubt, but he normally repairs things, or if he can't he doesnt charge anything.