WTB: SNK SC-25

Trying to find something? Request it in here.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
AteThePrincess
eBay: isan725
Initials: ATP

Re: WTB: SNK SC-25

Post by AteThePrincess »

tronbaby wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 10:54 pm
Never give up mate, you shall find that cab!!
If you find 2, let me know too please :)
Thanks for the encouragement! And if I find two, I will definitely let you know!
tronbaby
eBay: tronbaby
Initials: LOU

Post by tronbaby »

No problem :)
Seriously though, are you asking on UKVac and arcade-projects too? Might as well broaden the search, it may take a while.
I can also recommend g60hot on this fourm, he imports from Japan under the name Japanarama - I've had several cabs from him, great guy
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

tronbaby wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 11:03 pm
No problem :)
Seriously though, are you asking on UKVac and arcade-projects too? Might as well broaden the search, it may take a while.
I can also recommend g60hot on this fourm, he imports from Japan under the name Japanarama - I've had several cabs from him, great guy
I also have threads up on AP and KLOV (I'm rewrite on there), and I think shmups. I have shied away from UKVac historically just because I'm not in Europe, but I should probably post there too as this is a worldwide search!

I've messaged g60hot on here, and a few others who were recommended to me as trustworthy importers, but none of them have even sent me back a polite "Sorry, can't help.". My messages have gone ignored from all of them. Perhaps I'm not worth replying to since I'm over the pond?

I've also reached out to KC, Ken, Cereth, and a couple other US-based importers and everyone has their eyes out for one, but no one's found one to sell my way yet.
tronbaby

Post by tronbaby »

Fingers crossed one will turn up. I have an SC-19, I used to have 2 but sold one and I've seen 2 or 3 others up for sale over the last few years, but never an SC-25. There must be some in existance!
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

tronbaby wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Fingers crossed one will turn up. I have an SC-19, I used to have 2 but sold one and I've seen 2 or 3 others up for sale over the last few years, but never an SC-25. There must be some in existance!
I've got a Neo19 myself. Looking to move up to a larger blue hooded cab!

We'll both find one. It'll just take some time. And probably money. Ha.
tronbaby

Post by tronbaby »

Yes, any idea what they might sell for if we do find one? I'm assuming £3,000 plus ($4,000)?? SC-19's go for about £2,500 so I'd assume it's more
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

tronbaby wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 12:16 am
Yes, any idea what they might sell for if we do find one? I'm assuming £3,000 plus ($4,000)?? SC-19's go for about £2,500 so I'd assume it's more
Not certain at all, honestly. We'll know once someone sells one!

Maybe domestically they're that expensive, but SC-19 have been ending on yaj from 700-1700usd the past six months or so. 2-3 listings a month. They were all ending from 7-12 but it seems some people have caught on that they could buy them and ship them, ha.

No sight of a 25 though. If there were, I'd have bought it, ha.
tronbaby

Post by tronbaby »

I've looked at a few SC-19s on JAY, but by the time you would ship them it could add another $1000 to the UK :(
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

Well someone on Facebook told me that there have been THREE sales on UKVAC recently (two cabs, one sold twice).

Hopefully they're mistaken and they were 19's, lol.

UKVAC won't reset my password, so I continue my search everywhere else!
tronbaby

Post by tronbaby »

Hmm, I don’t think so. I’m on UKVAC every day and I’ve not seen one on there!
phillv85
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Hmm, there's been an MVS U4 that's changed hands a few times, maybe 2 of them, but I've not seen an SC-25 on UKVAC
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

tronbaby wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 8:45 am
Hmm, I don’t think so. I’m on UKVAC every day and I’ve not seen one on there!
phillv85 wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 8:53 am
Hmm, there's been an MVS U4 that's changed hands a few times, maybe 2 of them, but I've not seen an SC-25 on UKVAC
That's a big relief. I'd have been bummed to have missed it.

I didn't think people would have mixed those two up. They don't look much alike. But I'm very glad they did, ha.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

There are SNK SC25-4 cabinets listed in this auction although no pics. :think: Maybe ask the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Namco-Cap ... 4011871444
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

yosai wrote:
September 14th, 2020, 3:34 pm
There are SNK SC25-4 cabinets listed in this auction although no pics. :think: Maybe ask the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Namco-Cap ... 4011871444
Thank you!

I had four people point this to me this morning. This community is great! I've just sent a message.

Thank you!!!!
nem

Post by nem »

That's Yaton or a defector of his. Just so you know.

Also, I can promise you he doesn't have all those cabs. The Neo list is a straight copy & paste from the wiki:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/List_of_Candy_Cabinets

EDIT: actually, it's not. There are differences. However, more than likely he doesn't know which version he has, so he just posted them all.
Last edited by nem on September 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

most likely, it does look like direct copy/paste of the AO wiki
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

nem wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 1:14 pm
That's Yaton or a defector of his. Just so you know.

Also, I can promise you he doesn't have all those cabs. The Neo list is a straight copy & paste from the wiki:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/List_of_Candy_Cabinets

EDIT: actually, it's not. There are differences. However, more than likely he doesn't know which version he has, so he just posted them all.
Yep, I know who it is. And I'm sure he doesn't have all of them. Doesn't mean he won't have one of them.

He did have 20ish Consolette 18s a bit ago. His ask was ridiculous with them missing a lot of parts and having been through a flood. But he does seem to find uncommon stuff now and again.
nem

Post by nem »

He finds tons of really cool stuff. Too bad he **** ruins all of them. He just can't help himself **** up all of the original wiring, paintwork, marquees, locks, controls, etc. I'm not buying a single machine from him anymore, doesn't matter what the hell he unearths.
AteThePrincess

Post by AteThePrincess »

nem wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 5:41 pm
He finds tons of really cool stuff. Too bad he **** ruins all of them. He just can't help himself **** up all of the original wiring, paintwork, marquees, locks, controls, etc. I'm not buying a single machine from him anymore, doesn't matter what the hell he unearths.
I've had five of his cabs pass through my hands from that group buy on AP. Two were really messed up but salvageable, one I gave up on, and two were surprisingly decent.

I wish he'd just leave them "as-found" and pass them on to people to restore, rather than spray paint them poorly and hack up the wiring... It takes more work to undo his work than to just restore it from the get-go.
nem

Post by nem »

AteThePrincess wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 5:50 pm
I wish he'd just leave them "as-found" and pass them on to people to restore, rather than spray paint them poorly and hack up the wiring... It takes more work to undo his work than to just restore it from the get-go.
What's sad is I actually told him not to rework any of the cabs he was selling me (he calls it 'renovation'). He still **** did it. Just last week I was working on a 'renovated' Versus City. Good lord, it's just full of dumb repairs after another. The PSU was replaced with one that doesn't have test and service buttons. The yoke wires were cut in the middle, swapped, twist tied together and then taped, all because the connector was set to 'reverse'. The audio output was hacked to ****, because whoever worked on it can't read a wiring diagram. The original Versus City panel was absolutely trashed. The mounting plate was ground out with an angle grinder and the stick was mounted through the panel with carriage bolts. The original lighting fixtures were replaced with whatever cheapest Chinese replacements you could find. All the AC wires in the topper were cut and twist tied together. Both sets of winner lights light up now when you plug it in. Great, except that's not how it's supposed to work.

Those are all something I can fix or get replacements for, but then there's the exterior. He painted over the whole **** cab, inside and out. Inside all the rust was painted over with silver paint, sloppily. None of the wiring was taken out or masked. So now I have four feet worth of wiring harness that's in silver. Try to make heads and tails out of it. Outside is a **** mess. There's the middle bar holding both sides together. Here's how it looks:

versus_city_yaton_renovation.jpg

Why would you mask it like that?? Also, the white that was used is this weird vanilla color, and the paint is thick, like on old furniture.

Apologies for the rant. I'm livid just thinking about it. By far the worst purchases I have ever made.

Bump for you.