Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Jan »

i give up.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

This is 100% the exA killer app (well, at least for me) :P Shame I have no money, exA hardware, or Vewlix :lolno:
kuze

Post by kuze »

Looks like great fun to me. I wonder have any Round 1 locations picked up Exa yet?
Dache

Post by Dache »

Yeah, it looks fun and I'd like to play it, but I can imagine for an operator outside Japan, spending $1k+ on Gimmick would feel ROUGH. You'd have to be really confident in your customer base that it'd be worth it. And I don't think there's many around that would.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I can relate to you in the same way on wanting arcade games to be more available globally.

I tried getting various operators within my home area, SF/East Bay and Santa Clara County, to invest in Exa Arcadia. However, not many seem to be interested in getting kits only since they have to provide additional components to make an arcade cabinet either through assembled products like Viewlix or custom made with a JVS IO board. While many of us hardcore arcade fans and collectors know about JVS IO boards, the operators I spoke to don't know anything about JVS IO boards.
kuze wrote: March 7th, 2020, 4:12 am Looks like great fun to me. I wonder have any Round 1 locations picked up Exa yet?
I checked the Hayward Southland locations and no Exa Arcadia games yet. Have not yet seen any Exa Arcadia in any Round 1 USA locations. Might try San Jose or Antioch, but too far to travel.
Grinning Cat wrote: March 6th, 2020, 11:44 pm This is 100% the exA killer app (well, at least for me) :P Shame I have no money, exA hardware, or Vewlix :lolno:
If I had the money, I would gladly buy a single 2 player cabinet (maybe Viewlix clone) with a single 2+ player game for location with 50/50 revenue share. Otherwise, I have to wait until Exa Arcadia shows up in the SF Bay and Silicon Valley.

By the way, I feel so happy that Exa Arcadia are making more frequent posts on their website, such as the latest "GImmick! Exact-Mix!" pre-order celebration. Hope they can keep it up as more games and conventions are happening like they used to a year or two ago.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Gimmick! should do well in Japan (although I bet arcades are really suffering at the moment with Coronavirus) but yeah, the game library isn't quite there yet for your average western arcade with its flashing lights and ticket redemption. Hats off to those that have adopted early. A&B is the hardware's killer app but only if you have an STG community.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Until they realize it was made by a gaijin that is.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

exA should have hacked in a two player mode to it. Wouldn't even matter if it's game breaking. 1P is commercial suicide in the west. This applies to A&B as well.
SuperPang wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:32 pm(although I bet arcades are really suffering at the moment with Coronavirus)
A friend of mine is currently in Japan. He just sent me a text and told me that Try is closing tomorrow for two weeks. What the ****'s going to happen in two weeks? Might as well close for the next six months.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

What the ****'s going to happen in two weeks? Might as well close for the next six months.
i`d rather close all of the IKEAs for a few weeks. :problem:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

A Ghouls N’ Ghosts like on exa .Available on Nintendo switch :shifty:

https://exa.ac/en/games/super-battle-pr ... 177369a3b7
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Ikaru wrote: March 8th, 2020, 6:57 pm A Ghouls N’ Ghosts like on exa .Available on Nintendo switch :shifty:

https://exa.ac/en/games/super-battle-pr ... 177369a3b7
Arcade versions sometimes have to cut or "trade" content from other versions, either ones that don't fit with core mechanic, pacing is too slow, or those that give too much filler padding.

I followed various articles throughout and known the following changes:

Akyrios EXA ditches shot and focus laser customization / unlocks and replaces with three preset configurations for specific play styles.

Nippon Marathon trades away other game modes (lobster and bowling) for three more courses and refined gameplay that will be more chaotic.

Super Battle Princess Madelyn will probably have the nonlinear part (story / campaign) cut because that is excessive padding. A more refined arcade mode will likely be the focus.

Super Hydorah AC might not have that robot chase mode since that is filler content.

Those are some examples on the games that will not have everything for the arcade version due to arcades being a different game environment.

Some games add even more content than the home version:

Vritra Hexa adds 2P simultaneous, customized color select, music tracks, and refined levels

Cosmic Digger includes one or two more items that are not found in home version.

We can only know the differences when we have both versions.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

Insider info claims CAVE is making a version of Dodonpachi Saidaioujou for exA:

http://cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?top ... 5#msg32875

I hope it's true!
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

EOJ wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:33 pm I hope it's true!
Me too :)
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Gimmick! update looks and sounds great.

It's nice to see an arcade exclusive and exA getting a lot of attention for this and I hope it does well.

The developers could choose recoup some costs in a few years by releasing it on console.

Very tempted, I do wish there was a slightly cheaper option to getting involved in exA, such as dedicated all-in-one motherboard.
"Please contact the local attendant"
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

EOJ wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:33 pm Insider info claims CAVE is making a version of Dodonpachi Saidaioujou for exA:

I hope it's true!
The comments that have now been removed were pretty embarrassing and decompiling the SDOJ xex may be able to validate them...

:lol:
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

EOJ wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:33 pm Insider info claims CAVE is making a version of Dodonpachi Saidaioujou for exA:

I hope it's true!
Very good news if true, SDOJ needs an update.