exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by zak »

nem wrote: January 19th, 2020, 12:36 pm :lol:

Is it just the UK guys waiting for theirs?
It's been 5 days since leaving Japan and it still hasn't arrived in the UK.

Maybe Parcelforce have held every UK EXA for inspection.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I got the mobo, zak got the cart. First time I've wished I lived dahn sarf.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Apparently there are extra shipping options on the store now.

Back when preorders came up in November only EMS was available.
Laudec
Please Continue...
eBay: Laudec
Initials: LDK

Post by Laudec »

Jan wrote: January 19th, 2020, 12:27 pmoh oh

it's on road for me :D

Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Very nice ! You should upload it :thumbupright:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Laudec wrote: January 19th, 2020, 1:46 pm

it's on road for me :D

:slowclap:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

StarCreator wrote: January 18th, 2020, 11:33 pm
neoinvader wrote: January 18th, 2020, 6:23 pm Really wondering what Aka looks like on a horizontal setup. Does it do anything cool like psyvariar where the screen is filled with extra data and fully utilized? Or does it not take advantage of the extra space and just have black bars or static bezel type art?
Anyone with the game already should put it into horz, I would love to see it.
It is just art of four character profiles filling the space. The game doesn't use the space otherwise:

You have an option of 9:16 or 3:4 display modes, which changes the way gauges etc. are displayed.
Auto Quit? This is a very smart move on the developers so that less time is wasted on stand-still in arcades of course.

The only thing missing is allowing the player to manually quit, meaning no high score entry and instant game over. Can use existing player start button and hold for about 5 seconds before game registers as quit.

I don't even remember any modern arcade games having those features, with Street Fighter V(5) Arcade edition being the worst offender. I encountered one active Street Fighter V in Round 1 Southland mall and I thought "cool, free game". Yet when I casually played, expecting myself to lose, the network constantly throws me into online matches, with even longer match-making times. When I played the online matches, almost nobody were playing. With online match failed, jumped back into CPU battles. I wished modern arcade games allowed players to quit at the expense of ending their game and high score.

Hopefully, more games after Aka & Blue Type R would follow suit for allowing the player to quit the game to waste less time from standstill.
Laudec
Please Continue...
eBay: Laudec
Initials: LDK

Post by Laudec »

Jan wrote: January 19th, 2020, 2:40 pm Very nice ! You should upload it :thumbupright:
yep so I wait the print result before ;)
StarCreator
eBay: starcreator
Initials: STC

Post by StarCreator »

MrJBRPG wrote: January 19th, 2020, 3:25 pm Auto Quit? This is a very smart move on the developers so that less time is wasted on stand-still in arcades of course.

The only thing missing is allowing the player to manually quit, meaning no high score entry and instant game over. Can use existing player start button and hold for about 5 seconds before game registers as quit.

I don't even remember any modern arcade games having those features, with Street Fighter V(5) Arcade edition being the worst offender. I encountered one active Street Fighter V in Round 1 Southland mall and I thought "cool, free game". Yet when I casually played, expecting myself to lose, the network constantly throws me into online matches, with even longer match-making times. When I played the online matches, almost nobody were playing. With online match failed, jumped back into CPU battles. I wished modern arcade games allowed players to quit at the expense of ending their game and high score.

Hopefully, more games after Aka & Blue Type R would follow suit for allowing the player to quit the game to waste less time from standstill.
That option doesn't mean what you think it means. That just controls attract behavior (as in, if the game will automatically exit to the Exa game selector after left idle).
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

StarCreator wrote: January 19th, 2020, 3:56 pm
MrJBRPG wrote: January 19th, 2020, 3:25 pm Auto Quit? This is a very smart move on the developers so that less time is wasted on stand-still in arcades of course.

That option doesn't mean what you think it means. That just controls attract behavior (as in, if the game will automatically exit to the Exa game selector after left idle).
Thank you for clarifying. If that is the case, I guess that can be good for jumping into game select screen without credit inserted.

Otherwise, I was left with the impression that "Auto Quit" meant game over from idle, but many games already have opponent AI systems that do the quick work. I can guess developers can implement the "Player Quit" option.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

That doesn't look bad. Certainly adds a bit of color to the diamond black. How are you sticking it on without damaging it?

Any first impressions of the game yet? Looks rock hard.
neoinvader
Please Continue...
eBay: neomrdna2049
Initials: CSP

Post by neoinvader »

Cool, thank you for posting that.
Would have been nice if they at least moved the HUD info out to the sides, but at least its not just black and has nice art.
neoinvader wrote: January 18th, 2020, 6:23 pm Really wondering what Aka looks like on a horizontal setup. Does it do anything cool like psyvariar where the screen is filled with extra data and fully utilized? Or does it not take advantage of the extra space and just have black bars or static bezel type art?
It is just art of four character profiles filling the space. The game doesn't use the space otherwise:

You have an option of 9:16 or 3:4 display modes, which changes the way gauges etc. are displayed.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

For running ExA on E3 with toshiba PF, will this work:

Active DVI-D to VGA Adapter, Benfei DVI-D 24+1 to VGA Male to Female Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3XZ9SD/re ... lEbK9WG6TD
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

radiantsvgun wrote: January 25th, 2020, 5:45 pm For running ExA on E3 with toshiba PF, will this work:

Active DVI-D to VGA Adapter, Benfei DVI-D 24+1 to VGA Male to Female Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3XZ9SD/re ... lEbK9WG6TD
Not sure. I would've thought it needs to be powered for a start. Seems like there's some trial and error involved. Would be interesting to hear if @Shou has a recommendation.

zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Everytime I change the settings in the test menu, they revert back to default after powering off the system. Is this normal?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

zak wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:23 am Everytime I change the settings in the test menu, they revert back to default after powering off the system. Is this normal?
I'm not experiencing any such issue. If you mean it's flipping from horizontal back to vertical, the system level setting (via DIP1) probably takes priority.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

StarCreator wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:05 pm
zak wrote: January 26th, 2020, 11:23 am Everytime I change the settings in the test menu, they revert back to default after powering off the system. Is this normal?
I'm not experiencing any such issue. If you mean it's flipping from horizontal back to vertical, the system level setting (via DIP1) probably takes priority.
I meant if I enable freeplay and English language, it returns to the default settings the next time I power on :think:
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

zak wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:03 pm I meant if I enable freeplay and English language, it returns to the default settings the next time I power on :think:
No, that's definitely not the case here. Definitely contact exA support.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

It appears to have saved the settings this time (still good after 3 power cycles) :think: (finger trouble?)
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

radiantsvgun wrote: January 25th, 2020, 5:45 pm For running ExA on E3 with toshiba PF, will this work:

Follow up- I was able to get this to work in my e3 with a Capcom I/O. Using toshiba 1843 chassis.