exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

VxD wrote: December 7th, 2019, 1:17 am This is one of the cases where living in Japan as an arcade hobbyist makes things actually harder: the two official distributors only deal with operators, not with individuals, and the exA Arcadia website won't ship to Japan.

I have been told to wait until official distribution starts, but the kits are now out of stock, and it is unclear whether more will be produced. Guess I'll have to wait for one to hit the resale market...
Yeah, more expensive too. There must be an arcade or two in Hokkaido with it though?
VxD
eBay: virtualxdriver
Initials: VxD

Post by VxD »

Sadly, not that I know of.
The last retro-game-centric Game Center in the vicinity closed shop in June, coincidentally the day after it hosted the only Aka&Blue location test in Hokkaido.
It is this closure that prompted me to get the matter in my own hands and buy a Vewlix.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Ouch! That sucks.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

What about Maxim Hero?
Emulation's nice when done well
VxD
eBay: virtualxdriver
Initials: VxD

Post by VxD »

Good idea!
I’ll drop by next time I am in the Sapporo station area.
Haven’t seen it mentioned on their Twitter, so I am not holding my breath though...
Thankfully, I am also flying to Tokyo tomorrow for business, so I’ll drop by Hey! in Akihabara to play a few credits.
StarCreator
eBay: starcreator
Initials: STC

Post by StarCreator »

I was hoping against hope I would be able to have an Exa on hand to bring to an event happening at the end of the year, but it's been complete radio silence since I put the preorder in.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Apparently they're fixing bugs discovered in the JPN release, which is holding up the release to western markets.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

I'd rather wait for something bug free if that's the case.

(covers viewlix up)
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

nem wrote: December 8th, 2019, 1:13 pm Apparently they're fixing bugs discovered in the JPN release, which is holding up the release to western markets.

[Edit 1]

Found out from speaking with Arcade Heroes, who frequently talks with Shou, has shared the following information in regards to Exa Arcadia Hardware and cartridge release window proposal:

This information is UNOFFICIAL and pure speculation. Take this with good grains of salt because nothing is confirmed.

Fall 2019 (Japan) - Early 2020 (North America and EU)
Exa Arcadia hardware and game cartridges will be offline only. While the content is completely playable and functional, there are no online features. The only way to get an update is to send the units to HQ for replacement (aka manual patching at manufacturer).

Think of this as the "soft launch" for the arcade platform like how Japan received its first batch without all features ready yet. Same will happen for the Western territories' first batch. Best suited for early adopters.

Middle - Late 2020 (?)
Exa Arcadia will have online components up and running on future batches with hardware revisions. Additional features are available when the motherboards connect online at no additional charges and game cartridges can be easily updated (aka semi-auto patching at user level).

Think of this one as the full launch with all base features available, making the platform viable to the arcade market and passionate collectors.

Anyways, I am done with the forum for now.

[Original]

I got the same result as you when I spoke to Arcade Heroes on the discord server, plus last-minute bug fixing on other games like Kung Fu vs Karate Champs. Arcade Heroes heard from Exa Arcadia that they also hope to have online features integrated from the start for the Western release unlike the Japan release.

With the Japan's first batch release, the carts and probably boards must be sent to HQ for manual updates / patching instead of the modern and convenient online updating for future batches.

We know that there is no online revenue share requirement, but we do not yet know what base online features will be available for EXA besides the twitch streaming, attract mode advertising, and companion app they keep talking about.

I do not mind waiting because that should help make 2020 the year for Exa Arcadia, and hopefully come to arcades, including ones in SF Bay Area California.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 6#p1391276

Would love to hear @Shous side of this story.

Full quote from the Medium post:

[Devil Engine developer]:
drop his **** and take it to consoles and/or somebody who's not a back stabbing low life Cynthia

While I don’t necessarily approve of DE Dev’s language here, for full context, he is referring to another predatory publisher who took advantage of DE Dev’s dyslexia and tricked him into signing a contract by pretending it was a routine devkit lease agreement, when it was actually a contract attempting to take merchandise rights for DE. This publisher then immediately began harassing and disparaging DE Dev, thinking he had complete control over DE Dev with this contract. This publisher then threatened in a public Discord to physically assault me to retaliate against DE Dev refusing to work with him, as the publisher had seen me in an interview about DE and assumed I was DE Dev’s girlfriend. Dangen was discussing the possibility of continuing to negotiate with this publisher, and this was his answer.

Devil Engine is no longer listed under Games on the eXa website. No idea when it was removed. JBRPG probably knows.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

took advantage of DE Dev’s dyslexia and tricked him into signing a contract
LOL wut.
nem wrote: December 14th, 2019, 5:15 pm Would love to hear @Shous side of this story.
Somehow I doubt you will.

I'd rather we didn't get into developer hearsay or second hand news and just got a first hand update please @Shou
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I do not wish for this thread to go off topic or go with blame games. I wish for the moderator to delete posts involving unwarranted hatred and hearsay.

I never work for that company, so I have no actual knowledge of anything in the deep.

The last post I made was from an arcade operator who talked with the founder, therefore I ranked that a secondhand speculation out of safety.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

And i wish that your PR **** gets banned.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

The 2D fighter, Chaos Code from F K Digital is getting an exA version according to the Games section of the website.

https://exa.ac/en/games/chaos-code

A preview of INFINOS EXA has been released

"Please contact the local attendant"
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Infinios looks good.

Does anyone have a picture of Aka & Blue running in horizontal mode?
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

10 teraflops of power !
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

10 bellyflops of MrJRPG Speculation.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Please,
any news for the delivery of our exa for Europe ?
Laudec
Please Continue...
eBay: Laudec
Initials: LDK

Post by Laudec »

Ikaru wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm Please,
any news for the delivery of our exa for Europe ?
The same ! I turn around my arcade room and i refresh my emails every 5 minutes !
I don't even know what my children look like :wtf:
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Laudec wrote: December 17th, 2019, 9:13 pm The same ! I turn around my arcade room and i refresh my emails every 5 minutes !
I don't even know what my children look like :wtf:
Exa shop answer :

We are currently waiting for Tanoshimasu to finish the improved game build before shipping orders.
You will be notified once this process begins.

Thanks for your patience,
exA-Arcadia Shop