Sega / Vewlix CP CAD files

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Sega / Vewlix CP CAD files

Post by geotrig »

finisterre wrote: December 9th, 2019, 4:04 am Does anyone have a Monkey Ball panel hole template? I'm gonna need to get some blank panels sans art made for the next phase.

I'm working on a full repro attempt... I've got the banana almost done, needs some fine tuning.
some good work there ....but you shouldnt be playing with your banana in the back of a car !! :hinthint: :fastlove:

3D printed or other method ?

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
finisterre
Banned
eBay: nunya
Initials: KF

Post by finisterre »

geotrig wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:17 pm
finisterre wrote: December 9th, 2019, 4:04 am Does anyone have a Monkey Ball panel hole template? I'm gonna need to get some blank panels sans art made for the next phase.

I'm working on a full repro attempt... I've got the banana almost done, needs some fine tuning.
some good work there ....but you shouldnt be playing with your banana in the back of a car !! :hinthint: :fastlove:

This specific one is 3d printed, I've got .STL files for it that I'll hopefully be able to share soon.

Final print will likely be in resin or SLS.
shakex
Please Continue...
eBay: shakex
Initials: SHA

Post by shakex »

Hi Everyone,

I just received a Red & Black 2 Player (8 button each) Chewlix Cabinet. I'm planning on turning it to a single player cabinet but I want to add custom artwork to the control panel. Anybody know where I can get a template for 1player 8 button Vewlix Control panel? Thanks in advance.
AMS
eBay: Havenofeedback

Post by AMS »

finisterre wrote: December 9th, 2019, 4:19 pm
geotrig wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:17 pm

This specific one is 3d printed, I've got .STL files for it that I'll hopefully be able to share soon.

Final print will likely be in resin or SLS.

You have a stl file I can try? Greets
BGA Baller!
drguild
Please Continue...

Post by drguild »

I have some pre news to share with you panel lovers.

I posted earlier pages and years back about making a 2L16B cad file with the help of Franco and SlagCoin templates.

The 2L16B is used in the Virtual Stick Pro and this 8 button layout is used in all modern fight sticks so not only can be panel be used for Sega cabs but one could use a Brook fighting stick for modern systems and fighting games.

As you may know I went to great lengths to get the as close as I could to the proper dimensions page 3 and placement of buttons and rotation and Franco verified my work.

I never got around to making one as my arcade is still being rebuilt 5 years on, it's been a very very slow build but finally picking up a lot of speed.

I am in talks with a manufacturer SanStarGame to get a production run of these panels going as they need a minimum of 50 orders to manufacture the panel and its hard to find anyone to produce panels as a one off.

I will be having a link soonish for you all within the next week, so if you thought about about a 2 player 16 button panel now is the chance should be about a max of 73USD shipped with artwork for a panel taking a conversion of the cost quoted to me.

Once I get the link I would appreciate it being promoted around to get the order quantity.
drguild
Please Continue...

Post by drguild »

Panels can now be pre ordered from San Star Game with separate artwork for $25 USD pre shipping and tax.
You can also get the panel without artwork for $18 USD pre shipping and tax.

I put a order in and its $63.90 USD shipped with artwork.
You don't need to finalize payment till we have the required number of orders needed.

Big thanks to FrancoB for the help and verification years ago and and San Star Game for agreeing to put the panel up to public sale.

I am getting nothing from this as all I did was provide the CAD file and am buying one myself.
You can just order 1 and we need a minimum of 50 total orders for the panel to be produced so please link this around grab a extra panel for your candy and other cabinets, home made 2 player fight sticks etc.

https://www.sanstarltd.com/products/8-b ... rol-panel-