exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by yosai »

Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:12 am Just to be very clear, this is Tanoshimasu's policy as the IP owner of the game. If players post speed runs on how to beat the game, that actually DECREASES revenue as players will know how to clear the game faster and will be on the machine for 20+ minutes at a time.
Seems like a flawed business model and the issue will be exacerbated with 4 games on the same machine.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I imagine arcades like Hey will keep to one game per cab while they're this popular.

As for the no recording, that's a risky decision alright, but it's Tanoshimasu's to make I guess.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:12 amIf players post speed runs on how to beat the game, that actually DECREASES revenue as players will know how to clear the game faster and will be on the machine for 20+ minutes at a time. This is an operator first policy to maximize their investments and to bring other operators onboard. There are no bans on taking a pic of your high score etc. It is videos of the story mode (which was also banned on the mobile game) and player score attack runs. Operators are able to stream if they just ask beforehand.
Wow, very poor reasoning. IMO as a hardware platform this is something you should have pushed against. Communities around games aren't local anymore, especially outside Japan, where arcades a few and far between. Internet brings those players together. Gameplay videos and streaming is a big of part it.

If Tanoshimasu starts handing out copyright strikes to western arcades, oh boy.
ReplicaX
eBay: xreplica_x
Initials: REP

Post by ReplicaX »

Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:12 amAs much as there is a Twitter backlash on this, the lines at arcades like Hey are already 30+ minutes deep everyday. The most common complaint at actual arcades is that they have to line up again.
Very common inside the first week of a new title release to have that volume and really no valid claim to the Twitter backlash effect as its too early.

It would be interesting to see the bookkeeping results at the 3, 6, and 12 month marks from a popular location like HEY. I will not hold my breath on that though.
Q GrandAm 25 | MKII | NNC | Vewlix L AMI | Medieval Madness RE
Arcade Tech since 1994
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:15 am For all preorders, we will include these (joystick ball, dust cover, buttons) as a special bonus:

Any chance of including a 2 player set? :oops:
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:15 am For all preorders, we will include these (joystick ball, dust cover, buttons) as a special bonus
Fantastic 8-) thank you ;)
Nonik
eBay: Newtroninfor
Initials: JUA

Post by Nonik »

MrJBRPG wrote: November 29th, 2019, 5:57 pm For the record, the founder of Exa Arcadia did confirm that the first set of hardware and cartridge batches have no online features and will have to be updated at the factory. Also confirmed on the latest video from Arcade Heroes. Future batches will have online features, to make firmware and software updates easy.
nobody says anything about it? really? international buyers WILL CANT UPDATE YOUR EXA-ARCADIA online.....

I was thinging if buy or not, but... if i need to send to your factory for update "possible updates".... no thanks.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

What's the ethernet port for?
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Ethernet cable. :awe:

It will only work if the software supports it. No online or updates for the first units is shocking if true.

Even worse of it was done on purpose to make non updated units rarer and more valuable in the future.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

:fastlove:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I'm more curious when the western preorders will ship. Hopefully by Christmas?

Currently badgering Yugo at Taito to have our JVS IOs ready this week.

I get the feeling that they're trying to group the shipment together with everyone's panels :think:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Questions for @Shou:

Apparently, we got some conflicting messages going on in regard to player streaming:

Exa Arcadia, as a platform, will allow players to upload their gameplay to streaming platforms like Twitch.

Yet developers and publishers, not the platform holder, controls how streaming will be allowed to players.

I like to request some clarity on the following:

To what extent does the developer of the games control how much streaming is allowed to players?

If developers decide not to control any aspect of streaming, what is the default mode of streaming for the games connected online?

Is streaming features required or optional for any game made for Exa Arcadia?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

zak wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 7:32 pm I'm more curious when the western preorders will ship. Hopefully by Christmas?
Would be useful to know. EMS from Singapore (if that's where they're shipping from) is pretty quick IIRC but they'll spend a few days with Parcelforce while they send out the customs charge letter.
nvs
Please Continue...

Post by nvs »

yosai wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 7:05 pm Ethernet cable. :awe:

It will only work if the software supports it. No online or updates for the first units is shocking if true.

Even worse of it was done on purpose to make non updated units rarer and more valuable in the future.
How is that online updating of all your other arcade platforms going at home, out of interest? ;-)
..!
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

nvs wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 5:38 pm How is that online updating of all your other arcade platforms going at home, out of interest? ;-)
Illegally :D

There was talk of a free hardware upgrade to add online features to tie in with the launch of some sports game but that's second hand information and may no longer be accurate.
Nonik
eBay: Newtroninfor
Initials: JUA

Post by Nonik »

SuperPang wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 5:46 pm
nvs wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 5:38 pm How is that online updating of all your other arcade platforms going at home, out of interest? ;-)
Illegally :D

There was talk of a free hardware upgrade to add online features to tie in with the launch of some sports game but that's second hand information and may no longer be accurate.
i hope i was wrong, but... i dont believe it , no way
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Looks like Aka & Blue has sold out.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

That's interesting.

Did any of the western orders actually ship?
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

nem wrote: December 6th, 2019, 5:28 pm That's interesting.

Did any of the western orders actually ship?
Nope !
They told me I will have a notification when my order will be shipped.
VxD
eBay: virtualxdriver
Initials: VxD

Post by VxD »

This is one of the cases where living in Japan as an arcade hobbyist makes things actually harder: the two official distributors only deal with operators, not with individuals, and the exA Arcadia website won't ship to Japan.

I have been told to wait until official distribution starts, but the kits are now out of stock, and it is unclear whether more will be produced. Guess I'll have to wait for one to hit the resale market...