exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by EOJ »

My twitter feed is getting filled with angry tweets from Japanese players saying Tanoshimasu is banning the upload of any video footage of the game, except score attack mode (and ONLY if the operator gets permission from Tanoshimasu!). Example:

Several players have said they aren't going to play the game at all, as a protest.

Not a great way to launch a new game!
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

But...why? :wtf:

One would think that online player videos would be a great way for promoting the game.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

monouchi wrote: November 29th, 2019, 7:41 am One would think that online player videos would be a great way for promoting the game.
:pointup:

Maybe the op is full of it?
Last edited by zak on November 29th, 2019, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Grinning Cat wrote: November 29th, 2019, 1:55 am

Bee praying....
For that not to be the case? :think:
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

EOJ wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:42 am My twitter feed is getting filled with angry tweets from Japanese players saying Tanoshimasu is banning the upload of any video footage of the game, except score attack mode (and ONLY if the operator gets permission from Tanoshimasu!).

Several players have said they aren't going to play the game at all, as a protest.

Not a great way to launch a new game!
:palm: :palm:

Really ?Now the players are looking for a selfie or something like that :wtf:

Any videos footage you need to get permission .it’s the same for a movie.

Maybye it’s just an exa boycott from concurrents :think: :think:
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Is photography banned in the majority of Japanese arcades?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Ikaru wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:00 pmAny videos footage you need to get permission .it’s the same for a movie.
Hardly the same thing.

Pretty disappointed if streaming is not allowed.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I have taken a look at the thread and elsewhere, and the "no recording / streaming" unless given explicit permission from game developer / publisher is still strongly a cultural relic in Japan's copyright system. The frequency of streaming games will vary in other countries. There has also been a bunch of stickers featuring "NO RECORDING" as part of the AKA & BLUE TYPE R game kit for Japan.

For the record, the founder of Exa Arcadia did confirm that the first set of hardware and cartridge batches have no online features and will have to be updated at the factory. Also confirmed on the latest video from Arcade Heroes. Future batches will have online features, to make firmware and software updates easy.

Now that those concerns are out of the way, I got a question for Exa Arcadia about multi-screen support:

Since this motherboard is Windows-based PC and has HDMI, and DVI, does it have display port support, meaning having multiple screens on one motherboard?
That could be useful option for multi-screen games as EXTRA OPTION after having the games fit onto a single screen. The only other way to have unique screens is through ethernet or wifi connection across multiple motherboards, which is commonly used for online multiplayer.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Ikaru wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:00 pm

You (and MrJBRPG) are missing the point. You won't be allowed to upload recordings of full runs, scoring techniques, etc to Youtube, Nico, Twitch, or other video sites. This is what STG players have been doing for the past few decades, and it is one of the fundamental aspects of the community.

No other STG company has banned the upload of videos that show a full run through the game. Players have always been able to do that freely. They never needed to ask for permission.

I hope Tanoshimasu change their draconian policy on this ASAP. It would serve to increase sales and revenue for the game (plus better word of mouth).
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Personally,I don’t care about recording.
I’m a player :) it’s not a reason for don’t play the game at all especially with arcade games.
The new generation is looking for recognition with twitch or else. :lol: :lol: they want money with some ads.
battlesmurf

Post by battlesmurf »

Ikaru wrote: November 29th, 2019, 7:17 pm Personally,I don’t care about recording.
I’m a player :) it’s not a reason for don’t play the game at all especially with arcade games.
The new generation is looking for recognition with twitch or else. :lol: :lol: they want money with some ads.
It's not the "new generation". We've been recording stuff for as far as I can remember. Laserdisc and VHS superplays, friend. It's neat to pick up scoring techniques and learn from. I'm sure showing off is a part of it- but it sounds very counterproductive to nick this kind of stuff.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I don’t read japanese so maybe i am misinterpreting but i don’t see how they could prohibit capturing or uploading? I mean sure if you enter a private establishment they can have no-filming rules but how exactly is a developer or publisher going to enforce this if filming is allowed by the establishment?
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

zak wrote: November 29th, 2019, 8:48 am
Grinning Cat wrote: November 29th, 2019, 1:55 am

Bee praying....
For that not to be the case? :think:
Well, I guess Steep Slope Sliders MBL would also be pretty sweet ;)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

arcnl wrote: November 29th, 2019, 9:23 pm I don’t read japanese so maybe i am misinterpreting but i don’t see how they could prohibit capturing or uploading? I mean sure if you enter a private establishment they can have no-filming rules but how exactly is a developer or publisher going to enforce this if filming is allowed by the establishment?
It's quite easy for Tanoshimasu to file a copyright claim on Youtube or Nicodouga whenever an Aka to Blue R video goes up. They may have an algorithm in place to automatically detect and report such videos.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

EOJ wrote: November 29th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Ikaru wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:00 pm

You (and MrJBRPG) are missing the point. You won't be allowed to upload recordings of full runs, scoring techniques, etc to Youtube, Nico, Twitch, or other video sites. This is what STG players have been doing for the past few decades, and it is one of the fundamental aspects of the community.

No other STG company has banned the upload of videos that show a full run through the game. Players have always been able to do that freely. They never needed to ask for permission.

I hope Tanoshimasu change their draconian policy on this ASAP. It would serve to increase sales and revenue for the game (plus better word of mouth).
Just to be very clear, this is Tanoshimasu's policy as the IP owner of the game. If players post speed runs on how to beat the game, that actually DECREASES revenue as players will know how to clear the game faster and will be on the machine for 20+ minutes at a time. This is an operator first policy to maximize their investments and to bring other operators onboard. There are no bans on taking a pic of your high score etc. It is videos of the story mode (which was also banned on the mobile game) and player score attack runs. Operators are able to stream if they just ask beforehand.

As much as there is a Twitter backlash on this, the lines at arcades like Hey are already 30+ minutes deep everyday. The most common complaint at actual arcades is that they have to line up again.
Shou

Post by Shou »

For all preorders, we will include these (joystick ball, dust cover, buttons) as a special bonus:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I like to ask about display port (multi-screen) support for Exa Arcadia motherboard:

While it is taken for granted to work with only one screen per motherboard, with display splitters being commonplace for multi-link games,

Does Exa Arcadia support multiple unique screens on a single motherboard (Darius 1 & 2, Nintendo VS arcade system, Tecmo Bowl Arcade, The Predators (1986 Unreleased Prototype), Halo Fireteam Raven, etc.)?

I ask this because Exa Arcadia is based on Windows PC and does have two USB ports and maybe display port plug to increase number of screens like any PC does.
Having multiple unique screens on a single motherboard can allow more interesting design possibilities, in addition to the single screen requirement.

The only other way to achieve it is through ethernet LAN connection and Wi-Fi, but those tend to be separate cabinets, each with their own motherboard.
Last edited by MrJBRPG on November 30th, 2019, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:15 am For all preorders, we will include these (joystick ball, dust cover, buttons) as a special bonus:
Nice. Are those printed by Seimitsu?
Shou

Post by Shou »

CTN wrote: November 30th, 2019, 6:59 am
Shou wrote: November 30th, 2019, 3:15 am For all preorders, we will include these (joystick ball, dust cover, buttons) as a special bonus:
Nice. Are those printed by Seimitsu?
Sanwa
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

The dustwasher is :awe: