MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by MrJBRPG »

nem wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 4:54 pm
SuperPang wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 2:58 pm
MrJBRPG wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 2:14 pm the problem is that no other country besides Japan has experience with the JVS IO boards.
That's not true. Arcade operators are very familiar with this.
JVS has been well known since the late 90s. Tekken 3 came out it 1997 and that was already JVS compliant.

Unless you run a Raw Thrills exclusive arcade, I don't think JVS will come as a surprise to anyone.
I guess that must have been me looking things up about JAMMA compatible input pins for PC / MAME and was not familiar as much with JVS being talked about for arcade businesses in my area.

However, I am excited for how more frequent 4 player JVS compliant games will blossom under Exa Arcadia. Heck, even 8 player games can be a strong possibility.

And also, beside Japanese being the officially documented for JVS, plenty of dedicated arcade fans manage to translate that into other languages as well. That was from my internet investigation alone.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

my internet investigation alone.
:think:
Emulation's nice when done well
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 11:06 pm
More specifically, I was surprised that there are not a lot of arcade machines with JVS IO boards in the arcades beyond Japan, but I do understand that has been subject of interest to the arcade home hobbyists so far, along with some operators that do have them. That quote from Arcade Heroes is what sparked my initial thoughts before being corrected by such fellows:
Arcade Heroes wrote: It’s also important to note that if you plan on picking one of these kits up, that you install them into a proper cabinet. They have been designed for JVS cabinets (think NAOMI), and thus work great with most Japanese “candy cabs.” That is one challenge here in the US, which doesn’t have a lot of those around, so if you plan on getting a kit, you need to make absolutely sure that the monitor in your cab has low input lag.
Anyways, I have strong hopes that Exa Arcadia will skyrocket demand for 4 player native JVS IO boards, much like the Capcom Naomi IO board.
https://www.solvalou.com/arcade/naomi
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

That quote doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'm no EXA expert but from what i've read they work on anything JVS with at least 31k video. So they probably meant something along these lines.
It’s also important to note that if you plan on picking one of these kits up, that you install them into a proper cabinet. They have been designed for JVS cabinets (think NAOMI), and thus work great with most Japanese “candy cabs JVS "candy cabinets" that have 31khz monitors. That is one challenge here in the US, which doesn’t have a lot of those around, so if you plan on getting a kit, you need to make absolutely sure that the monitor in your cab has low input lag the cabinet has a proper JVS IO board installed and has at least 31khz video support.
No offense but you probably shouldn't write lengthy epistels or questions about things you know nothing about.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Is there a JVS compatible cabinet that's 15khz only? I can't think of one.

Anyway, if you're an op in the US, you can just pick up any old Tekken 4 / 5 cab and drop an exA in there. Doesn't have to be a "candy cab" at all.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Cyberlead?
nvs
Please Continue...

Post by nvs »

Cyberlead.

I miss that cabinet. Gave it away to a mate who was in the country I was in at the time because it was too wide to get through any regular doors!
..!
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

turntablism wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 4:05 pm Shou, do you know if i can plug and play the exa in a konami pc based cab (winning eleven / otomedius) ?
Do you know the monitor specification of them ?
I do not believe they are JVS so they are not compatible.
Shou

Post by Shou »

battlesmurf wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 8:50 pm
What are the chances that the Aka & Blue stuff sells out and is going to be hard to find? I.e.- do I have time to think about it and wait- or are we going to be assed out like some of those cave kits nowadays?
From what we have seen, next 6 months the demand is high and supply is low.
If we do not meet a minimum amount of preorders for the next lot of Aka & Blue, there won't be anymore.

Games like Vritra and Rival Megagun are getting overhauled at the moment, when they debut, there will be a clear difference between previous versions and the arcade only version.
Shou

Post by Shou »

needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

needaes wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 11:36 am
Shou wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 3:47 pm
Ikaru wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 2:50 pm Any chance for buy an exa with games when I will come directly in Japan please? Thx
I calculated the customs fees .....a little too much with the 20 pour-cent more :oops:
Price in Japan is 550,000 JPY or so which is set by the distributors not us. Likely no available stock in Japan until next year.
@Shou
What will be the delivery date if I decide to order an exa + Aka kit TODAY?
?????????? ??????????? ???????
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

needaes wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:23 am?????????? ??????????? ???????
When it's ready?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

November 27th (shipping date).
connor
Please Continue...
eBay: 00

Post by connor »

MrJBRPG wrote: November 4th, 2019, 1:31 am
LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 11:06 pm
More specifically, I was surprised that there are not a lot of arcade machines with JVS IO boards in the arcades beyond Japan, but I do understand that has been subject of interest to the arcade home hobbyists so far, along with some operators that do have them. That quote from Arcade Heroes is what sparked my initial thoughts before being corrected by such fellows:
Arcade Heroes wrote: It’s also important to note that if you plan on picking one of these kits up, that you install them into a proper cabinet. They have been designed for JVS cabinets (think NAOMI), and thus work great with most Japanese “candy cabs.” That is one challenge here in the US, which doesn’t have a lot of those around, so if you plan on getting a kit, you need to make absolutely sure that the monitor in your cab has low input lag.
Anyways, I have strong hopes that Exa Arcadia will skyrocket demand for 4 player native JVS IO boards, much like the Capcom Naomi IO board.
https://www.solvalou.com/arcade/naomi
JVS cabinets are absolutely way more common than you're thinking they are. It's used in a lot more than just candy cabinets too.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

cools wrote: November 4th, 2019, 11:59 amCyberlead?
Pretty sure they are 15/24khz, with the Cyberlead II being a tri-sync. Might be wrong, it's been a while.

@MrJBRPG - JVS cabs and/or I/O converters are not in any way rare outside of Japan.. certainly less common than what you'd see in a modern large Japanese Game Center, but this is hardly an obstacle for even a new operator if they want to run these boards on location outside of Japan. The more important issue is requiring a 31khz display, as it's likely that many ops outside of Japan only have 15khz displays on their lever-based cabs, since they're mostly JAMMA. Outside of Arcades that specialize in or have modern fighters, you don't see too many 31khz displays that aren't deluxe machines (e.g. racing, shooting).
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Is it possible to upgrade to Fedex or UPS shipping ?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Shou

Post by Shou »

needaes wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:23 am
needaes wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 11:36 am
Shou wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 3:47 pm

Price in Japan is 550,000 JPY or so which is set by the distributors not us. Likely no available stock in Japan until next year.
@Shou
What will be the delivery date if I decide to order an exa + Aka kit TODAY?
?????????? ??????????? ???????
Orders ship in the order received pending inventory. You will be behind existing orders.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Jan wrote: November 6th, 2019, 5:59 am Is it possible to upgrade to Fedex or UPS shipping ?
It will likely be double the EMS rate so if you want to pay, we can give you that option.
Shou

Post by Shou »

All preorders will include some extras including a poster for the respective game.
gozaimas
eBay: yodamiffy
Initials: GOZ

Post by gozaimas »

Lovely poster.