Replacement monitors for Vewlix/Chewlix

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...
eBay: guymelfe

Replacement monitors for Vewlix/Chewlix

Post by LupinTheThird »

Anyone have a suggestion for a monitor that is somewhat affordable and mounts without too much effort in a vewlix/chewlix cabinet? I paid for a 1080P monitor in mine and they shipped it with a 720/VGA monitor.
TappityTap
Please Continue...
eBay: n/a

Re: Replacement monitors for Vewlix/Chewlix

Post by TappityTap »

Quick Disclaimer: I've never actually done this, just lurked a few threads

So a 32" pc monitor should fit, make sure to check dimensions before you buy. Mounting will be the hard part because AFAIK the mounting systems are completely incompatible.
For a more "robust" fit you're probably going to want a vesa mount to chewlix bracket, this would have to be custom and I'm not sure if there is even clearance for one.
There was this thread that had an easier approach: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39387

As for choosing a monitor if you want better colour and viewing angles seek out an IPS panel
VA panels are also fine but nothing special IMO. TN panels can have faster refresh rates and pixel response times but tend to have colour accuracy issues and poor viewing angles.
Make sure to check pixel response times and if the time is marked as GTG (grey to grey) it is just marketing guff and means nothing, there are monitor test sites out there but they understandably haven't tried every monitor

As for a specific model, the LG in the linked thread seems to get a fair bit of praise but I don't actually own one.

Good luck :)
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

LupinTheThird wrote: September 5th, 2019, 7:11 pm Anyone have a suggestion for a monitor that is somewhat affordable and mounts without too much effort in a vewlix/chewlix cabinet? I paid for a 1080P monitor in mine and they shipped it with a 720/VGA monitor.
Can't you tell them to sort it out? or send you a proper 1080p panel?

Did you agree on 1080p hdmi? If so, I'd be going back to them to sort it out.
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...
eBay: guymelfe

Post by LupinTheThird »

mRCaESaR wrote: September 10th, 2019, 2:58 am
LupinTheThird wrote: September 5th, 2019, 7:11 pm Anyone have a suggestion for a monitor that is somewhat affordable and mounts without too much effort in a vewlix/chewlix cabinet? I paid for a 1080P monitor in mine and they shipped it with a 720/VGA monitor.
Can't you tell them to sort it out? or send you a proper 1080p panel?

Did you agree on 1080p hdmi? If so, I'd be going back to them to sort it out.
It was stated multiple times in our chat discussions and on the PO before I even paid that it would be a 1080P HDMI monitor. Yet it arrived with a VGA monitor. I've been asking for them to address this plus a few other minor issues and they have basically gone radio silent. Too bad, as the cabinet quality is quite nice but looks like I will have to escalate this to a tradeassurance dispute, so basically that's why I haven't written up my experience yet for the other thread.

Thanks TappityTap for the link. I looked through the monitor thread and literally must have overlooked that thread.