Blast City PSU Says 220v

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Yardley
Please Continue...
eBay: arcade-one

Blast City PSU Says 220v

Post by Yardley »

Hi guys, I'm looking into purchasing a Blast City cab that is semi local to me but the PSU says 220v (I'm in the US). I've read that these have a step down transformer built inside? Possibly the one shown in the pictures to the left of PSU? I see however that there is a cable that comes off of it that is unplugged. Looking for some insight. The seller doesn't know very much about the cabinet. He says he's never got around to using it since he purchased it back in 2016. He also said at one point someone who come over to buy some PVM's off of him tested the cabinet for him with a Dreamcast so I'm assuming the power is fine. The PSU seems to be dual voltage judging by the voltages on the sticker inside. PSU part #400-5325-02-91.

Just another detail, according to him, "when the person tested the monitor with a Dreamcast, he tested two different games, a Street Fighter game and some other game. The Street Fighter game looked fantastic. Bright, colorful, sharp, etc. However, when he put on the other game, the picture was rolling diagonally. He seemed to think it may have been just some sort of sync issue with different games running at different resolutions."

Here are a bunch of pictures I got from the seller. Any help/thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Blast City PSU Says 220v

Post by nem »

Yeah, the transformer is this thing on the left:

https://i.imgur.com/a11UqAQ.jpg

It doesn't look like it's plugged in, so the cab should run just fine from a regular 120V outlet.

As for the rolling screen, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Either a sync or resolution issue.
Yardley
Please Continue...

Post by Yardley »

nem wrote: September 7th, 2019, 3:30 pm Yeah, the transformer is this thing on the left:

https://i.imgur.com/a11UqAQ.jpg

It doesn't look like it's plugged in, so the cab should run just fine from a regular 120V outlet.

As for the rolling screen, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Either a sync or resolution issue.
Thanks you. Would you recommend running it through a 110 -> 100 step down transformer or just straight into the wall?
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Maybe it came from Hong Kong originally.
Yardley
Please Continue...

Post by Yardley »

Pete wrote: September 7th, 2019, 4:03 pm Maybe it came from Hong Kong originally.
It did, it was pointed out to me by someone else when they noticed the 3x$1 sticker on the coin acceptor. Are there any downsides to it being a Hong Kong cab?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Yardley wrote: September 7th, 2019, 3:52 pmThanks you. Would you recommend running it through a 110 -> 100 step down transformer or just straight into the wall?
Most US guys run their JPN cabs without a step-down, so I'm going to say you'll be fine.

Yardley wrote: September 7th, 2019, 4:05 pmAre there any downsides to it being a Hong Kong cab?
Nope.