exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Shou »

OlDirty wrote: August 20th, 2019, 7:09 pm Still so many 15kHz cabinets in japans arcade centers and no priority on CRT? I dont get it. If i wanna play on a LCD i tate my PC monitor. :( . So have to pass on this if no CRT support available.
CRT cabinets are a minority now in Japan. There are few left in the marketplace and prices have gone up dramatically in the last 18 months.
Major chains like Round 1 no longer have stock and will not purchase games for CRT cabs/JAMMA games. This is why SDOJ actually did poorly, even at that time, CRT cabs were already minor.
Shou

Post by Shou »

nem wrote: August 21st, 2019, 9:14 am
OlDirty wrote: August 20th, 2019, 7:09 pmStill so many 15kHz cabinets in japans arcade centers and no priority on CRT? I dont get it.
The ones that just have 15kHz cabs more than likely aren't buying new games.

Also, you can now get a used Vewlix cheaper than you can get a working Astro or Blast, so there's really no point.
Vewlix L is around 40,000 JPY at most distros. I do not recommend this model as the monitor is garbage.
Vewlix C/F is around 50-70,000 JPY. Taito is now offering refurbed Black Diamonds with a 1080p screen for 128,000 JPY.
Shou

Post by Shou »

connor wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 5:24 pm What's the general consensus from the Aka to Blue location tests? Is Japan enjoying it?
It has by far the most income out of any product in the standard cabinet category. We have beat Nesica, All Net, Gundam, Tekken and SF5 by wide margins every time.

The final game pushes the hardware to the max and is going for a world record of number of bullets on the screen. The original mobile game is now a pale comparison to this.
Shou

Post by Shou »

jimmerd wrote: July 31st, 2019, 8:45 am I have some general questions;

1. What is the expected retail price of the motherboard + game
2. Can a game be swapped between different motherboards?

Thanks
Japanese price will differ from other regions as our distributors have controls over that. A lot will be available to North American and European customers soon. It will be limited as there is overwhelming demand from the Japan side.

You can change the cart and put it in another mobo.
Shou

Post by Shou »

rancor wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:31 pm I asked Shou about it directly (CRT version) since I only own CRT cabs, and he said its pretty much the bottom priority and required the purchase of extra hardware. I would imagine that it's nothing they're proud of, and should only be used as a very last resort. I'm just going to forget it was ever mentioned... :lol:
We have a downscaler for 31kHz ready, however, not one single arcade in Japan has asked for it,

We will put up some of the games in CRT cabs this month for testing so people can see what it looks like.
Shou

Post by Shou »

zak wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:12 pm These will fly off the shelves once there's a CAVE stamp on the box ;)
IKD is going to give it to you soon enough
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

8-) 8-) 8-)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

now this looks promising.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Shou wrote: September 6th, 2019, 6:10 am
zak wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:12 pm These will fly off the shelves once there's a CAVE stamp on the box ;)
Excitement levels +10!

Wallet level 0...
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

the moment Akai Red re-release is announced my offer drops 75% :lol:

:fastlove:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Shou wrote: September 6th, 2019, 6:10 am
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Shou wrote: September 6th, 2019, 6:10 am IKD is going to give it to you soon enough
xbox360 ports confirmed. :awe:
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

yosai wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:41 am xbox360 ports confirmed. :awe:
Most of games on exa Arcadia are available on ps4,switch...for 15,99 euros without discounts ;)
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I think Shou mentioned last year that any EXA release will not be ported to home.

The arcade version has to be unique/exclusive (correct me if I'm wrong Shou).
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

zak wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:51 am
:think: wait and see. I was excited but not anymore .I played to aka to blue at the hey for me I saw no differences with mobile version .It was just more fun to play at aka on a vewlix cabinet,
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

zak wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:51 am The arcade version has to be unique/exclusive (correct me if I'm wrong Shou).
As I understand it, there has to be an Exa exclusive mode or feature. We may well see Aka & Blue on consoles for example but it won't be Type-R.

If/when the likes of Cave release something new that might mean people get a bit miffed when the "port" is essentially an arrange version but operators must be sick of revenue dropping off when a home port is released just a few months later.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Ikaru wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:56 am
zak wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:51 am
:think: wait and see. I was excited but not anymore .I played to aka to blue at the hey for me I saw no differences with mobile version .It was just more fun to play at aka on a vewlix cabinet,
Type-R will never go to console. It uses the full spec of the platform and a port as-is is not possible.

Play the final build and decide if it is the same but it totally is different.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Shou wrote: September 6th, 2019, 12:56 pm
Type-R will never go to console. It uses the full spec of the platform and a port as-is is not possible.

Play the final build and decide if it is the same but it totally is different.
If I buy exa Arcadia it will be only for Type-R but I ask to see ;) maybye a teaser video of final build or something.

Like I said I was excited but when I found most of games available on PlayStation store ....wait and see in the future the new games on exa .
Dache

Post by Dache »

Shou wrote: September 6th, 2019, 12:56 pm Type-R will never go to console. It uses the full spec of the platform and a port as-is is not possible.
Current consoles maybe. If you've licenced it exclusively, that's reason enough and you're well within your rights to do so, but PS5 or Scarlett (or a solid modern gaming PC) would be capable, I'm sure. ;)
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Well, I'm still looking forward to it. Viewlix on the way just for this platform (and I have no idea where the **** to put it) :palm: