Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Tochir0
Please Continue...
eBay: tochir0
Initials: CCR

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tochir0 »

Greetings.

What an excellent community you all have here. I've been reading posts for the past year but now that I'm the proud new owner of a Sega Blast City I thought I'd exit lurking mode.

I'm mainly into shmups but enjoy all different genres of arcade games. I've been a regular on the shmups forum since the early 2000s. I went to Japan in 2001 and had my mind blown by all the awesome arcade games I never knew existed. My personal opinion is that the period from '96 to 2001 was the platinum age of arcade shooters that will never be surpassed (my top 5 shmups: Battle Garegga, Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou, Ketsui, Fire Shark, Strikers 1945 II)

I've been buying the odd PCB board here and there since the mid 2000s for play on my Sigma AV 700 Supergun, matching joysticks (I love me some Seimitsu parts), and Sony PVM 2530. I thought that would be all I'd ever need (I live in a small place) but the Candy Cab bug bit and well now I have a Blast City. It's been great so far (I demolished my previous high score on Progear) but the monitor (Nanao MS-2931) started not wanting to switch over to 15 khz from 31 khz (need to try jumping the h and vsyncs).

I'm staying optimistic and in the mean time having a blast playing with my Dreamcast hooked up to the cab. I actually enjoyed taking apart and cleaning everything. I know almost nothing but so far it's been fun learning more about general electronics and wring. I'm keen to learn more. Whenever I get overwhelmed I just think about how much I've learned in the last 3 months (thanks in no small part to this site) and it motivates me to keep at at.

Looking forward to mixing it up with y'all.

よろしくお願いします。
uli84
Please Continue...
eBay: utillich
Initials: uli

Post by uli84 »

Hi,

I'm mainly here looking for help with fully restoring my shuttle invader arcade (only arcade I have ever owned, though I have had it since I was about 10).

Cheers,
Uli
Wombat62
Please Continue...
eBay: eon173
Initials: SJM

Post by Wombat62 »

Hi I'm Steve, Bit of a newb with stuff and looking to get started with some help on the way.
32bit
Please Continue...
eBay: animedudette
Initials: ACG

Post by 32bit »

Hi I'm Alan aka the "32bit guy" and I'm obsessed with anything related to SEGA.
tonitox
eBay: tonitoxantonio
Initials: Ton

Post by tonitox »

Hello I am Antonio de barcelona Spain, I am a fan of the pcb jamma and my favorite game is the ghost n goblins greetings to all
lyzanxia
Please Continue...
eBay: pigjes

Post by lyzanxia »

Hi , I'm Nico and I love arcade machines!!
WINNOWING
eBay: winnowing444
Initials: WIN

Post by WINNOWING »

Hi,

I am back. Can anyone remove me from Idle users pls?

Although I was idle here , so I could sort out my life-challenges, I did not abandon my arcade collection and continued with it at a slower pace in the meantime :D
Who are you? - Rufus
exSOLDIER first class - Cloud
AVALANCHE! - Barret
Me Also - Tifa
I am flowergirl from the market! - Aeris
Punishere
Please Continue...
eBay: punishere

Post by Punishere »

Hey, I plan on building a vewlix cab in the future!
F86
eBay: Brighedai

Post by F86 »

Hello!

I am glad to be part of this forum!
I live in Tokyo Japan now and I love old school shooting games!

See you all!
Greyvvolf
eBay: PingquayMiyangon

Post by Greyvvolf »

Hey everyone,

I always wanted a candy cab but live in Canada where there is not a lot of Japanese arcade cabinets here, if at all. I had been looking online for a while and one popped up; it was a NAOMI Universal cabinet. I bought it and it is in really good condition. Unfortunately, it has only two buttons due to it being a Virtua Tennis machine. There is some yellowing due to smoke and I plan on having this part re-painted in the near future.

I am here to get help on wiring as I currently cannot wrap my head around this part. I want it to eventually have 6 buttons, play Marvel vs Capcom 2 and add artwork for the game.

I have been a gamer pretty much my whole life. Around 2009 I started collecting Dreamcast games so it's a bit surprising I was able to find an arcade cabinet similar to the Dreamcast.

If anyone can direct me to the correct place to find more information, that would be helpful.

Ryan
ninjaz0mbie
Please Continue...
eBay: ninjaz0mbie
Initials: MTG

Post by ninjaz0mbie »

Hey all! I’m not yet a candy cab owner, but I’m soon about to acquire a New Net City from a local source near me in Minneapolis, MN.

I love CRTs and scan lines. I’ve recently picked up a nice PVM for retro gaming, but I want to get a nice 29" tri-sync arcade monitor to complement this.

Hoping to recreate some old arcade memories with my two young boys.
Copperband
Please Continue...
eBay: copperband
Initials: Edd

Post by Copperband »

markedkiller78 wrote: January 25th, 2010, 1:05 pm My name is Mark. I got into arcade games as a friend told me that I would meet lots of young, pretty, sexually adventurous women.

6 years in and not a sniff…………….
Have you never played Double Dragon?
Copperband
Please Continue...
eBay: copperband
Initials: Edd

Post by Copperband »

I’m Ed.
I’ve fond memories of the arcades growing up. Back in a time when most high streets had some sort of gaming emporium.
I’ve dabbled with rekindling the memories via an arcade cabinet and various PCBs which I sold many years ago.
I’d like to get back into it with a single Cabinet to play the Naomi games which I still feel are very playable and good looking games.
dersiggi
Please Continue...
eBay: sk.sicness

Post by dersiggi »

Hi,

I'm Nico from Germany. We had/have no real arcade culture here due to strict youth protection laws, I think arcades were treated just like gambling machines and must thus not be made available to minors. I've only ever enjoyed the real cabs when we travelled to southern Europe. I have since acquired some Neo Geo goodness and want to get my feet wet with a cab of my own at some point :)
lapster
Please Continue...
eBay: larafpetersen-0
Initials: LAP

Post by lapster »

Hello, nice to be here!

Always been a gamer, and and as a kid dreamt of an own cab, kinda new to the hobby of candy cabs tho, first cab in 2017 (Blast City) second in 2019 (New Astro City).
One cab will be for bullet hell and the other for fighting games.

Love those 15khz scanlines on the MS9 !

/Lapster
mechacrash
eBay: mechacrash
Initials: M C

Post by mechacrash »

Hi all!

I'm Chris, from the UK.

I'm a big fan of Japanese arcade games - have a lot of history with shmups and rhythm games.

I used to own machines in London, but have since consolidated everything locally. Hoping to continue to grow my collection and maybe one day open a public venue in the South West of England :D
Yardley
Please Continue...
eBay: arcade-one

Post by Yardley »

Hi everyone, I'm a complete candy cab newb but I have a nice collection of CRT monitors. I'm actively looking for a nice cab to purchase on the east coast or surrounding areas (willing to drive). I currently have a good lead on a Blast City but I need help figuring out the situation with the PSU because it is labeled 220v on the back of the cab and the seller doesn't know much. Hoping someone here can help me.
hopper
eBay: marcimoszczynsk-0

Post by hopper »

Hello Everybody!

My name is Marcin. I 've been collecting arcade games for the past 5 years. This year I've fullfilled my childhood dream and opened first in Poland - Arcade Museum. The space of 500m2 is filled with more than 100 arcade cabinets. many of them original and dedicated that i've imported from USA. Collection is still growing and I hope to fill my hall full!

Greetings from Krakow, Poland
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Wow, that’s impressive Hopper, 100 machines. Must take some looking after.

Welcome :awe:
ark125
Please Continue...
eBay: abeti001

Post by ark125 »

Hello

I´m in!