You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Arcade games, artwork, kit pieces...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Ikaru

Re: You've Got Grail! The Valuation Thread

Post by Ikaru »

I would like to sell Dragon spirit (namco) any idea of the value please?
Thx
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

Ikaru wrote: July 26th, 2019, 4:36 pm I would like to sell Dragon spirit (namco) any idea of the value please?
Thx
I guess people in Japan would pay double like 1000€ but I doubt anyone here would pay more than 500€.
RoZioN
Initials: ASH

Post by RoZioN »

I bought one with a romerror (but works fine) for 350 eur last year and I considered that a steal. A nice clean PCB is 600 euro minimum imo. Most of the system 1 PCBs look like **** so if you have a clean one charge premium for it.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

geosnow wrote: July 26th, 2019, 9:16 pm
I guess people in Japan would pay double like 1000€ but I doubt anyone here would pay more than 500€.
1000 euros in Japan :wtf: it’s amazing ....okay maybye 500-600 euros thank you rozion.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

No idea if it's relevant outside of Japan...but the 'New Version' of Dragon Spirit seems to often sell/be listed at higher prices than the 'Old Version'.

From memory, I paid about £440 for a 'New version' here about a year ago. However, that included shipping from Sweden, PayPal fees and whatever awful conversion rate PayPal gave me from GBP to SEK. So, the board itself was probably equivelant to 430-440 EUR or so. That said, I considered that a good price - as I'd seen one sell for quite a bit more on KLOV around the same time.

Probably KLOV and Neo-Arcadia would be your best bets to get the highest price :)
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Grinning Cat wrote: July 27th, 2019, 7:55 pm
Probably KLOV and Neo-Arcadia would be your best bets to get the highest price :)
I’m not looking for the highest price. Don’t worry I don’t need money ;)
For example I bought here a namco game at the highest price ;) if I remember it was 550£ so 610 euros without shipping and paypal fees and commissions euros to £ :lol:
If I want the highest price it’s better to sell it on eBay. I don’t play anymore. So good if it’s possible to make anyone happy.
I just want to avoid to sell it to a **** who will try to sell it 3 days later in Japan for 1000€ :)
Cheers,
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Ikaru wrote: July 27th, 2019, 8:23 pm I just want to avoid to sell it to a **** who will try to sell it 3 days later in Japan for 1000€ :)
Cheers,
I doubt it would be worth their time (unless they are already living in Japan). There are only a couple of people who would sell an item for you in Japan. By the time you ship it to them (insured), pay them their cut, payment conversion fees. You're essentially getting the same price (if not less) ;)
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Ikaru wrote: July 27th, 2019, 8:23 pm
Grinning Cat wrote: July 27th, 2019, 7:55 pm
I’m not looking for the highest price. Don’t worry I don’t need money ;)
For example I bought here a namco game at the highest price ;) if I remember it was 550£ so 610 euros without shipping and paypal fees and commissions euros to £ :lol:
If I want the highest price it’s better to sell it on eBay. I don’t play anymore. So good if it’s possible to make anyone happy.
I just want to avoid to sell it to a **** who will try to sell it 3 days later in Japan for 1000€ :)
Cheers,
Haha if you’re talking about Splatterhouse, I walked into that one ;)

Yeah, I’ve never sold anything on KlOV or Neo-Arcadia myself. And I agree - more important to know it’s going to a good home :)

If I didn’t own it already, I’d probably want it for sure!
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

zak wrote: July 27th, 2019, 9:19 pm
I doubt it would be worth their time (unless they are already living in Japan). There are only a couple of people who would sell an item for you in Japan. By the time you ship it to them (insured), pay them their cut, payment conversion fees. You're essentially getting the same price (if not less) ;)
Grinning Cat wrote: July 27th, 2019, 9:48 pm And I agree - more important to know it’s going to a good home :)

:shifty: send an item to Japan for sell it oh no :) I don’t take any risks it was just an example like grinning said -more important to know it’s going to a good home .

I remember I sold a batsugun for 400 with artworks and one week later sold for 800 euros :mad: :mad:

Soon with brexit for buy from or sell to uk it will be hard to avoid customs fees :cry:
Grinning Cat

Post by Grinning Cat »

Ikaru wrote: July 28th, 2019, 6:02 amI remember I sold a batsugun for 400 with artworks and one week later sold for 800 euros :mad: :mad:
Man, that really sucks regarding Batsugun :( You should have sold it to me! Batsugun is super-high on my wish list - and once I get a copy, I definitely don’t plan on selling. Haha I plan to take it to the grave ;)
Ikaru wrote: July 28th, 2019, 6:02 amSoon with brexit for buy from or sell to uk it will be hard to avoid customs fees :cry:
Yeah, pretty depressing stuff :( Sadly, our country seems to think the economy is a Yagawa game – and wants to suicide it as soon as possible.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Grinning Cat wrote: July 28th, 2019, 6:22 pm
Yeah, pretty depressing stuff :( Sadly, our country seems to think the economy is a Yagawa game – and wants to suicide it as soon as possible.
:lol: poetry award
monkmyst
eBay: none

Post by monkmyst »

Any ideas on a Konami salamander pcb? I know one has been for sale here at 600 for a long time, so I know it's worth less than that at least!

Thanks!
Porthos
eBay: akumajou77
Initials: CRI

Post by Porthos »

Any idea about the fair price of this japanese PCBs?:

Cyvern with mobo.
Side Arms
Gemini Wing
Sunset Riders (Asian version)

Thanks!
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

Raiden DX ?
Thunder Dragon 2 ?
Esprade (Japanese)?
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Porthos wrote: July 31st, 2019, 10:18 am
Cyvern with mobo.
If it’s an original the last one on an other forum was sold for 800 euros.It’s a pretty rare game.
geosnow

Post by geosnow »

thechop wrote: July 31st, 2019, 12:21 pm Raiden DX ?
Raiden DX is funny

1000€ in Japan
150€ in USA
200€ in Europe
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

The Japanese also pay 12,000 for a Gradius PCB :lol:
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

geosnow wrote: July 31st, 2019, 5:45 pm
thechop wrote: July 31st, 2019, 12:21 pm Raiden DX ?
Raiden DX is funny

1000€ in Japan
150€ in USA
200€ in Europe
Cheers, Japan it is then :lol:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

thechop wrote: July 31st, 2019, 12:21 pm Esprade (Japanese)? £500-700
Who knows :problem: I’m sure I’ve seen a few Int versions (probably the same pcb) sell for £550
geosnow

Post by geosnow »

markedkiller78 wrote: July 31st, 2019, 6:06 pm
thechop wrote: July 31st, 2019, 12:21 pm Esprade (Japanese)? £500-700
Who knows :problem: I’m sure I’ve seen a few Int versions (probably the same pcb) sell for £550
Yes.