Mame Laserdisc files

Coin-operated games and arcades.
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...
eBay: guymelfe

Mame Laserdisc files

Post by LupinTheThird »

I looked at the rules and if I goofed and this is not allowed to ask please delete.

There are a batch of Laserdisc game files over at archive.org. I have downloaded them and they aren't roms or CHDs or anything. It's a weird batch of files ending in .084, .085, etc (windows identifies them as a 084 File, 085 file, etc). They're almost like rar files that need parity files to match or something.

Anyways does anyone know what the heck to do with them? I really, Really, REALLY want to play Cliff Hanger as I'm a huge Lupin fan and even though I played Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in arcades "back in the day" I've never even seen the Lupin game in person.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Mame Laserdisc files

Post by cools »

They are 7zip files.
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...

Post by LupinTheThird »

cools wrote: July 20th, 2019, 8:00 am They are 7zip files.
Understood. When you extract them they become .084 file .085 file. They dont seem to extract properly into a useable state
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Explorer says there are 43 files, so you're missing over half of them.

Should be a case of extracting the main archive fully then extracting the first numbered file to do the contents.

Since the parity file is marked bad, I suspect the source is incomplete.
LupinTheThird
Please Continue...

Post by LupinTheThird »

cools wrote: July 21st, 2019, 8:04 am Explorer says there are 43 files, so you're missing over half of them.

Should be a case of extracting the main archive fully then extracting the first numbered file to do the contents.

Since the parity file is marked bad, I suspect the source is incomplete.
I have all 43, the jpg isn't showing the scroll bar for some reason. It could be that the files are broken but supposedly it is the complete set of everything LaserDisc for arcade. Not sure why anyone would upload a pile of worthless files to Archive.org much less label it as "working" when nothing even extracts:

https://archive.org/details/WorkingLase ... ame.7z.084

Sigh....oh well...maybe one day they'll re-release the Lupin LD game on Blu-Ray or something...
keropi
Please Continue...
eBay: sainshov

Post by keropi »

Maybe the single huge 7z archive was split to smaller files to facilitate upload? If you use a tool like HJSPLIT and chose the join function it will combine all of them back to a single 7z file so you can extract it properly
Worth a shot!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

The filenames are numbered over a hundred, you are missing lots of them.