Naomi multi cart

PCB problems and fixes
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Naomi multi cart

Post by Neo'nate »

Has anyone else here bought one of Joerg's naomi multi carts? I cant seem to be able to fathom out how to select between games? Plus Joerg's not answering emails for some time now, does anyone here know him and if hes ok?
Neo'nate

Re: Naomi multi cart

Post by Neo'nate »

Change of topic on old thread...
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

You flip dips on the front of the Naomi motherboard. If you have a multibios installed, they're the same dips (naturally with joerg's multicarts they don't control region but game selection).

Personally I would go for a Netboot setup instead of bootleg carts. You can do it with a Rasbperry Pi, so you don't have to faff around with computers.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

His multi-carts are a horrible bodge - 3V chips running on a 5V rail, hot-glue etc....

Someone over on AP is working on a real Naomi multi-cart (not Darksoft) so save your money and use net-boot or CF-reader for now....
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
Neo'nate

Post by Neo'nate »

Ok cheers for the heads up guys, been on the hunt for a CF solution for a while!
finisterre
Banned
eBay: nunya
Initials: KF

Post by finisterre »

penrhos wrote: May 18th, 2019, 10:13 pm His multi-carts are a horrible bodge - 3V chips running on a 5V rail, hot-glue etc....

Someone over on AP is working on a real Naomi multi-cart (not Darksoft) so save your money and use net-boot or CF-reader for now....
I don't believe Brizzo will be producing this solution any time soon from the way the commentary went over on AP. He seems *closer* to a working proof of concept, but far from a product, and no where near a usable prototype that any of us will be able to use.

As far as quick use game switching goes my partner fsckewe and I have made an OrangePi based alternative that launches its games off of common USB sticks. You want to swap games? Change the USB stick, and reboot. That simple... no menus, no fuss. You can find the image and base instructions here. https://github.com/ArcadeHustle/pi0-netboot
ravepants
eBay: ravepants
Initials: RPS

Post by ravepants »

Hey Finisterre,

Been using this for a while now and it works great!

Thank you for doing this for the community.

Have their been any updates to the SD IMG or is the github mega link the most current?

Very cool that you can use a rotary now for multiple games as well 👍