exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Furtin72
eBay: aldewalde

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Furtin72 »

I would love to wear some shirts or buy some posters and stickers from them - anything merchandise actually. So I wrote about it and asked them but I didnt get a reply. I guess they are to busy to build their bases first ...
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Furtin72
eBay: aldewalde

Post by Furtin72 »

One more Switch port, if you are into Puyo Puyo:

https://exa.ac/en/2019/03/30/puyo/
Utilizing exA-Arcadia’s extensive arcade knowledge and catalog of arcade boards, which are operated throughout Japan, the only known working world version of the PUYO PUYO arcade board in Japan was provided for the development of SEGA and M2’s release of PUYO PUYO to realize the world’s first official port of this lost localized version. Please check the Nintendo eShop for more information.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Shouldn't take long for that to make it into MAME then.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

There's already a World version in Mame.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

@Shou, is the EXA team working on a downscaler solution (add on?) for 15khz folk?
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

zak wrote: April 1st, 2019, 11:51 am @Shou, is the EXA team working on a downscaler solution (add on?) for 15khz folk?
We are looking at this but the market is proving to be tiny in relation to overall orders.
For launch, only analog 31kHz will be supported with a separate adapter.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Thanks Shou.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Before I ask a question, I want to post a tweet from the developer of Blazing Chrome finally receiving the Exa Arcadia board and got the game working on there:

@Shou
I do have questions in regards to orientation settings and priority:

We do know that all games are required to be played on horizontal mode as default.

What happens if a single horizontal game is put along vertical games, assuming monitor orientation is vertical, will it prioritize horizontal display until there is no horizontal game inserted?

Is there an option for auto-rotation for the game selection screen? I do notice some home-built machines do have auto-rotation mechanisms like this example below:

Select vertical - rotate to vertical orientation; horizontal - rotate to horizontal

Having an auto-rotation option for game selection is a nice extra feature suited for arcade units capable of auto-rotation, even though many operators are fine with manual rotation or fixed displays.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

MrJBRPG wrote: April 4th, 2019, 4:08 pm What happens if a single horizontal game is put along vertical games, assuming monitor orientation is vertical,
The game will be sideways. You'd have to rotate the monitor to horizontal and change a setting on the board which, presumably would add borders at the side for the vertical games, like you would see on a console port. That's assuming you're right and that's still a mandatory feature.

There haven't been any cabinets capable of auto rotation in years. Just one or two obscure western models. AFAIK Exa have no plans to make their own cabinets, there's no need.
Dache

Post by Dache »

The ability for vertically-orientated games to auto-rotate with borders for horizontal screens would be amazing.

I know it's sacriledge to a lot of people on this board ;) but I'm limited to a single cab, and I don't want to limit myself by having to do a proper monitor rotation given how often I jump around with games, so I'm used to it and would be happy to play like that. The option at least would be grand.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Dache wrote: April 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm The ability for vertically-orientated games to auto-rotate with borders for horizontal screens would be amazing.
I believe MrJBRPG is right in that Shou mentioned all vertical games would have support for horizontal monitors (16:9 obviously). Hopefully that's the case. It makes sense as they need a functional 3:4 mode for 31KHz support and would need the feature for any future console "versions".

I doubt we'll see many true 9:16 games unless they're adapted from mobile games like Aka & Blue. It must be a lot of work to make both screen ratios play the same.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Exa Arcadia confirms that 8 games will be playable this weekend at Fightcade Offline:

If any of you are near fightcade this weekend, go out there and record gameplay footage.

As for the resolution requirements, those are the following confirmed by Shou(Time) and the Exa Arcadia Team:

Default orientation - Horizontal (all games required, including vertical with side borders)
Secondary orientation - Vertical (optimized orientation for vertical games)
All common aspect rations required (4:3 / 3:4 and 16:9 / 9:16)
Resolution must work for the following: 480p, 720p, 768p, 1080p

Minor questions unanswered
Horizontal takes precedence if horizontal game inserted amongst vertical orientation?
Auto-rotation option supported or single orientation set from configuration (Horizontal / Vertical)?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I don’t know what you mean by auto rotation but surely there’s simply a horizontal/vertical setting in the test menu.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

I played aka to blue the last month at the hey. Great games only 3 stages available but very very hard .
A lot of exa Arcadia flyers was available for free

yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Ikaru wrote: April 13th, 2019, 3:40 pm I played aka to blue the last month at the hey. Great games only 3 stages available but very very hard .
Aka to Blue is a single player game?
D24BZkyUwAApV1f.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Just one player available for demonstration for sure but the final game I don’t know sorry ...
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Ikaru wrote: April 13th, 2019, 4:12 pm Just one player available for demonstration for sure but the final game I don’t know sorry ...
Aka & Blue is one player only. You can tell because the UI does not denote insert coin / press start anywhere else during gameplay. Infinos Exa is also single player as well.

However, there are more multiplayer titles for launch such as Shikondo Red Purgatory and Psyvariar Delta when it comes to vertical shooters. Multiplayer games of various genres and orientations are aplenty for launch, especially 4 player like Nippon Marathon Turbo and Cosmic Digger.

I also wanted to showcase a few videos on youtube from Fightcade offline that did showcase Exa Arcadia Cabinets. There were only 2 Exa Arcadia cabinets, each storing 4 games in horizontal and vertical orientation. You can see the games briefly in each video.

yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Good to see a few Windys in that lineup. :awe:
Ikaru

Post by Ikaru »

Thank you jbRPG for your informations and your videos :P
Yes the UI does not denote insert coin / press start anywhere else during gameplay but it was a demonstration with only 3 stages. The only thing I remember is how much yens I have spent :lol:

I talked with Masasha at Mak and he told me maybye the exa Arcadia will have a world or international version for future updates .

Does anyone know something about it ?