exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Dache

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Dache »

There'll be plenty to talk about once it's out!
kopo
Please Continue...
eBay: none

Post by kopo »

I like what you' re doing MrJBRPG. Don' t get discouraged by the handfull of "AO elites".

Nothing wrong with being passionate about something.

(either that, or you are trolling :D )
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Pssh, I'm probably more excited than many others here, since I have LCD cabs just sitting in storage gathering dust. I would love to see uses for them. However, before they announce western distributors, pricing, launch dates, you know, concrete things, I'll temper my excitement.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

The only latest and noteworthy news related to Exa Arcadia is that Aka & Blue Type R is having a 9-day location test, from March 8 to 17, in various arcade spots within Japan and is found in at least 3 places. Quite a step-up from a single location in Mikado.

If any of you are in Japan and can make to any of these places, feel free to post feedback and impression in the forums. Otherwise, let us all be fortunate that this is one step closer to worldwide release.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

It's gonna be great! I just hope that all devs will support 4:3 monitors.
Sepeh

Post by Sepeh »

MrJBRPG wrote: March 9th, 2019, 2:40 pm The only latest and noteworthy news related to Exa Arcadia is that Aka & Blue Type R is having a 9-day location test, from March 8 to 17, in various arcade spots within Japan and is found in at least 3 places. Quite a step-up from a single location in Mikado.

If any of you are in Japan and can make to any of these places, feel free to post feedback and impression in the forums. Otherwise, let us all be fortunate that this is one step closer to worldwide release.
While you are on it, let your nearest operator know that there is a new arcade system coming up which is like a modern Neo Geo...
Dache

Post by Dache »

zak wrote: March 9th, 2019, 5:22 pm It's gonna be great! I just hope that all devs will support 4:3 monitors.
I think it's a requirement for the platform that all games do.

Although I suppose they could output a 4:3 ratio 31k resolution with letterboxing if they can't make their game work without significant issues when converting from a standard 16:9 viewport. Did you mean you hope devs avoid that? It should be an option IMO as I could imagine problems like I mentioned happening, but devs should have to apply for it, as it'd suck for that practice to become the default. Would be interested to know how that's going to be handled if Shou is willing to talk about it publicly.
unGDLK
Please Continue...
eBay: plastkasse

Post by unGDLK »

Shou keeps hinting at Cave related things at the shmups forum.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... &start=270

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Akai Katana Shin Black Label for exA-Arcadia, calling it now.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

that would be fun :)
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Furtin72
eBay: aldewalde

Post by Furtin72 »

After having played Aka to Blue and Super Hydorah till my eyes bleed on my iPad 12.9“, I must confess that I‘m a total sucker for what Shou is aiming for with exA Arcadia! I need those games in a cab! Also his love for the Neo Geo platform and the olde arcade days, is so very heartwarming!!

I‘ll spread the love, thats for sure! :D
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

nem wrote: March 10th, 2019, 2:57 pm Akai Katana Shin Black Label for exA-Arcadia, calling it now.
That would be a huge bummer. They've made enough versions of Akai Katana already. Hope it's something more exciting.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

EOJ wrote: March 11th, 2019, 6:39 am
nem wrote: March 10th, 2019, 2:57 pm Akai Katana Shin Black Label for exA-Arcadia, calling it now.
That would be a huge bummer. They've made enough versions of Akai Katana already. Hope it's something more exciting.
If that's a starting point for new CAVE releases, I'm ok with that. Besides AK is awesome ;)
Furtin72

Post by Furtin72 »

Just to get this thread going (and in anticipation of the exA release) I like to speculate that the Cave release might be a modified Dodonpachi Maximum. There I said it. ;)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Looks like Aka to Blue R is scheduled for release this June:

Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

zak wrote: March 11th, 2019, 9:35 am
EOJ wrote: March 11th, 2019, 6:39 am
If that's a starting point for new CAVE releases, I'm ok with that. Besides AK is awesome ;)
Must admit, it took a while for me to warm to AK, but once you have the mechanics down it's up there with the best CAVE has to offer. Far better than Ibara :shifty:
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

I can understand that EXA Arcadia knows a great deal of people to contact to ensure a great deal of titles for this year and a few more. Consequently, fans like me are eager to spread the word to other developers not yet familiar with the upcoming platform.

I wonder if any of you actually tried to contact game developers behind any games you wish to see on Exa Arcadia?

I have actually have done that to a few games that I believe would be nice for the arcade platform. I was at GDC and there were plenty of booths to actually talk to the developers.

Yet there is no Exa Arcadia at GDC.

I can name a few games and developers that are at GDC and informed them about EXA Arcadia as an easy to develop platform with emphasis on exclusive content and gave them the website link to discover for themselves. That does not mean anything but wishful and quick thinking from this fan.

Developers with games I informed about Exa Arcadia at GDC (No Exa Arcadia machines yet):
(Game) - Developer - (Country)

Samurai Gunn 2 - Teknopants and Double Fine
Mutant Football League - Digital Dreams Entertainment
Spark 2 (working alpha title) - Knightmare Games (they built the game on the arcade cabinet as a prototype)
Neon Abyss - Veewo - China
Pacer - Blinx.tv
Neon Nemesis - Toasty Titan (ctrl.alt.GDC with unique 4 vs 1 dual screen arcade speedrun race game)
Relic Hunters Legends - Rogue Snail
HeadSnatchers - Iceberg Interactive
Zeke's Peak - 56K games (this developer is recreating various dual joystick tilt bar ball games produced by Taito America along with new twists, like Ice Cold Beer)
One step to Eden - Ristaccia (Fast paced grid battle like Megaman battle network)
Next Studio - China

Also before GDC, I contacted the creators of SkyScrappers and they informed me that they heard about it somewhat from the indie game community and asked me if I actually worked for Exa. I replied that I am a passionate fan and praised them for actually making a platform versus game that utilized both horizontal and vertical (Switch exclusive) orientations.

I would not be surprised if anyone else bothered to ask developers about publishing games to Exa Arcadia as wishful requests.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

:lolno:
Emulation's nice when done well
Furtin72

Post by Furtin72 »

Outstanding work Mr.JBRPG! :-o
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Looks like there will be more Aka & Blue type R in different locations in Japan:

I felt surprised there would be more location tests of the game after that one is over.