Your Favorite Arcades Close to Home

Coin-operated games and arcades.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Your Favorite Arcades Close to Home

Post by MrJBRPG »

This topic is about discussing your favorite arcade places that are close to home. It could be the past or present. Even those who do not own any arcade cabinet are welcome to post here.

I will start off with mine:

I know plenty of arcades that are close to home in the San Francisco Bay Area and East Bay. I want to showcase my favorite arcades in the Bay Area: High Scores in Hayward and Alameda, California. They are the only places in the Bay Area that is all about old school arcade games, besides arcade bars. High Scores have common classics like Pac Man, Pac Man Battle Royale, Galaga, Tron, Frogger, Simpsons, Rampage, Neo Geo, and more along side the unofficial multi-game machines that show many games from 1980's to 1990's. They have the play per hour or all day pass at very reasonable prices. I have been a frequent visitor and do chat with the staff around and look forward to diverse game rotation. The good news is that the hourly / all day pass has helped the indie arcade business stay nicely afloat thanks to a strong influx of consumers, especially on weekends and holidays.

Anyways, I hope this thread goes nicely with memorable stories of arcade going.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: Your Favorite Arcades Close to Home

Post by zak »

Home ;)
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

zak wrote: March 6th, 2019, 11:44 pmHome ;)
Home is not bad. but i prefer an arcade. :oops: but there are no arcade around my place. okay there are two pinball clubs, but I am not into pinball. that was for the old ones back in the days. :D
Nethers
eBay: Nethers

Post by Nethers »

There are no Arcades anywhere close to my home either. There never was. It was quite a bummer before I got a driving license. haha
Here's why women love these probiotics for general health and wellbeing.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I also want to share one of the lesser-known places that has arcade games, and that is 7th West: located only a few blocks away from West Oakland BART Station. 7th West is a hybrid of a bar/catering, dining, dance floor, social lounge, and arcade game room. The last time I went there, I noticed several games including Michael Jackson's Moon Walker (3 players), Aliens vs Predator (3 players), Toobin (5 button original), Neo Geo with Aero Fighters 2, and a few other classics like Galaga.

Link to the venue with arcade games
https://www.7thwest.com/about

Once again, feel free to post any arcade places that you remember going, whether active or defunct within reasonable distance to your home.