Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by SuperPang »

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

well there goes my chances of winning any battle ! :lol: :(

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Meh, I’ve had better but I didn’t shout ‘god-like’. :roll: Everybody just knew :whoopsie:

It’s hard to come first without some crazy scrapes. It allows you to overflow the top of the screen as long as the bottom part of a shape can land somewhere. You can end up rolling shapes over an off-screen peak to find a gap.

I think my favourite thing about the format of this game is that these stressful situations are common.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Gave it a quick bash earlier, good fun but I can't help wishing there was a "friends only" play mode too. I never really get on with competitive games with strangers.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

It’s as faceless as it gets. Think of it like playing online poker. They’re all Cynthia. **** em.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I'm not sure I have 98 other friends :shifty: :P :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I think I was over thinking the target thinking.

Just targetting attackers 100% of the time seems fine for wins. Maybe when the game has been out for a while and the average player is better then target strategy might be more important.

It’s worth being more careful with stack towards the end though. I fail at the end a lot due to being greedy with back to back tetrises.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

That has happened to me quiet a bit so far.... 9th my best so far :problem:

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

F0281A93-46D3-47C2-8FAD-7B7DA9EE31C5.jpeg

6:47:37 total play time (actual play time, not leaving-the-title-screen-on time like my Nintendo profile tracks). I can’t stop playing this.

Wonder if any of our resident TGM experts are into this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

SuperPang wrote: February 18th, 2019, 3:19 pm
I watched again :whoopsie: okay that was pretty good. I’ll accept the outburst.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Revised opinion after a decent half hour with it: brilliant.

(I got truly battered earlier and rolled my eyes at what appeared to be yet another game stuffed with players way beyond any level I could hope to be)

It's very well balanced, you just need to play a decent game of Tetris (with holds and infinite spin).

Only bits I dislike are graphical. I find it hard to distinguish the shadows of one L shape from the T, quite often I'll drop one thinking its the other. And the targetting lines obscure the playfield, they could be more subtle.

At the moment it'd take me about 3 weeks to rack up your playtime already pj!
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Ten minutes per play pure intensity. It’s heaven. It’s the only “new” game I’ve played this much since MK8. Oh and CoC.

The one thing they need to change is that hard-drop is being registered by diagonal up presses. Big issue on a Pro Controller apparently, not so much on joycon, but it still happens.
SuperPang wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:15 pm TGM players seem to like it because yes, it is the opposite of Tetris Effect.
I had a look on Tetrisconcept forums but there was only a five post thread on it. I’m curious to read their opinions. Is there a new TGM fan hangout?

Twitter I guess.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Check out @geotrig’s Tweet:
7th :mad:

Agree cools the targeting lines can be a bit off putting. Also either the screen or my vision is going out of focus :wtf:

I had a few games where I felt like I was targeted a good bit and that's when I found the target lines distracting

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Nope, the lines are perfectly distracting. Oh Nintendo (and Arika) :whoopsie:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

When I see play like this I fear I won't win any rounds ever ! also I really need to embrace t-spin's :shifty: my biggest issue is the one mistake that kills me late on though it was the same in ppt.

cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

pubjoe wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:22 pm Nope, the lines are perfectly distracting. Oh Nintendo (and Arika) :whoopsie:
Not distracting, obscuring. If they were transparent it'd be fine
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

They do obscure and cause some stress, the perfect amount. :whoopsie:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Im getting worse at it ! lol managed to match my best of 7th once but had a load of early ish exits being caught out with being hit with loads of garbage ! i need to improve my combos and look into moving the right stick every now and again.

cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I play quite aggressively, and with this version of Tetris I've finally started using Holds to switch blocks for cleaner stacking rather than just lines. I target Attackers with small clears and switch to KOs when I have a Tetris available, not sure how effective this is overall!

In the small amount of time I've had I reckon my skill level has tripled.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I’m the same. I’m using holds much more frequently than I used to and the game really motivates me to play well. I could never get into TGM this much.

Sometimes I’ll play the best Tetris of my life and fail, sometimes I’ll win with some sloppy play. There’s the randomness of course but the resulting string of 1-line combos is a very effective strategy at the end when the speed is up. Combo strings do good damage to opponents and are also very good for clearing a huge bar of queued garbage before it hits you.

I was playing with attacks earlier on but now I’m still just leaving targeting on Attackers. I usually end up with enough badges at the end and I leave the journey to fate.

I think targetting might be more important when the average player is better.