Vewlix: Replace easily your screen with a 1080p or 1440p monitor

For monitor related issues
artik
Please Continue...
eBay: jeff.artik

Vewlix: Replace easily your screen with a 1080p or 1440p monitor

Post by artik »

EDIT: As OLED monitors don't exist yet, I finally put a 1440p monitor, read the full topic :)
You can find them on my webiste or few pics on Instagram:)

Arcadust.com
My Instagram

Hi! New owner of a Vewlix cabinet :)

But I'm used to play on a 1080p OLED tv, and I was thinking... maybe my Vewlix can have one? Did anybody try this before? If yes, which model can have a frame compatible with Vewlix?

Thanks for all help!
Last edited by artik on April 13th, 2020, 11:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Vewlix: replace screen with OLED 1080p monitor?

Post by markedkiller78 »

The smallest consumer OLED that I know of is 55”

The price of professional OLED panels is eye watering. There was a 25” Sony and there is a 30” 4K Sony, but it’s £20,000+
Aurich

Post by Aurich »

There are very few options for 32" screens that have acceptable input lag, and OLED isn't on the list.
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

Aurich wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:19 pm There are very few options for 32" screens that have acceptable input lag, and OLED isn't on the list.
I read OLED has 0.1ms input lag (nothing), I'm wrong ?
Jughead
Please Continue...

Post by Jughead »

Its not OLED but you could ask the Chewlix suppliers on alibaba to sell you one of their 1080 monitors they put in their cabinets.

I also noticed that the Koreans who make that CMI controller panel have put a 4K screen in their Vewlix so that might be another option if you are running a powerful PC in it.

Edit- Just had a look at the flyer and the 4K model is a LG 32MP58HQ which according to Amazon is only 1080 so I am not sure what resolution it is.
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

Jughead wrote: January 31st, 2019, 6:19 pm Its not OLED but you could ask the Chewlix suppliers on alibaba to sell you one of their 1080 monitors they put in their cabinets.

I also noticed that the Koreans who make that CMI controller panel have put a 4K screen in their Vewlix so that might be another option if you are running a powerful PC in it.

Edit- Just had a look at the flyer and the 4K model is a LG 32MP58HQ which according to Amazon is only 1080 so I am not sure what resolution it is.
Oh, that also helped me, 1080 is also fine for me, I just wanted darker black). As I actualy have a 720p, upgrade to 1080 is way better. And as said markedkiller78, I coudln't find any OLED 32 :'(

I found the 32MP58HQ on amazon (199€). It means that if I buy it, the frame will fit in my vewlix? (or the Vewlix 32MP58HQ has a different board than the TV's one?).
Aurich

Post by Aurich »

artik wrote: January 31st, 2019, 6:00 pm
Aurich wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:19 pm There are very few options for 32" screens that have acceptable input lag, and OLED isn't on the list.
I read OLED has 0.1ms input lag (nothing), I'm wrong ?
The processing is as important as the tech, you can't just assume input lag is not an issue. You might be able to find a 32" OLED, I have no idea honestly, but you're gambling it's acceptable for gaming.

That's why sites like https://displaylag.com exist.
jhonny_d
eBay: rapace_mnb

Post by jhonny_d »

are there any arcade games outputting more than 720p?
Aurich

Post by Aurich »

jhonny_d wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:04 pm are there any arcade games outputting more than 720p?
I assume Taito Type X-4 games in Vewlix Diamonds like SFV are running 1080p, but I don't actually know.

You're right in that most aren't, it really only makes sense if you're using a console or PC to power it over original hardware.
jhonny_d

Post by jhonny_d »

another solution would be to deframe a pc monitor, there are a couple of 4k 32" inches options (no oled)

https://www.lg.com/it/monitor/lg-32UD59-B

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/p ... .JX1EE.001

Trying to fit them the vewlix would be probable a nightmare

edit: apparently the forum is not accepting amazon links :D
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

THanks for all you help. At the end, I found the perfect solution (but expensive): LG 32GK850G-B

a QHD, 2560 x 1440 monitor, with the less input lag I found with the minimum specs I required. I gave up the OLED monitor, as I tought a simple TV could fit. Understanding a monitor is mandatory, I finally switched to LCD with this VA panel. Jughead gave me a big tip with the 32MP58HQ, it's a 1080p screen, it was a good option (and 200$ only) but it's a 200nits screen, missing a lot of backlight, so I changed).

To answer jhonny_d, going in these resolutions is important to me for 2 reasons. First you have clear fonts, pictures etc without seeing the pixels. Secondly because most recent PC games I play run at 1440 (Tekken7, SFV, and all Steam PC games).

What I did is really easy, I just placed the monitor entierly with the frame, removed the Vewlix glass, and I have the setup I always wanted. Gonna post some pictures :)
jhonny_d

Post by jhonny_d »

Would love to see some pictures :)
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

Sure, here we go! :)
1st picture is the 32MP58HQ (not mat surface as you can see)

jhonny_d

Post by jhonny_d »

really beautiful, you didn't even had to deframe the monitor, a lot easier than I thought :awe:
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

jhonny_d wrote: February 12th, 2019, 3:05 pm really beautiful, you didn't even had to deframe the monitor, a lot easier than I thought :awe:
Absolutly! It's definetly the best option. WIth recent LG screens, it's that easy! I took it out of the box, and all around the inside Vewlix metal frame, I taped with 2mm isolation black mousse type:

because the screen itself has no front frame:

Then I used the old glass fixation system to fix the screen perfectly. Unframe the new screens are not a good idea, as they fit so well naturaly inside the vewlix frame.
philbee
Please Continue...

Post by philbee »

Looks great, nice job :thumbupright:
artik
Please Continue...

Post by artik »

philbee wrote: February 12th, 2019, 4:12 pm Looks great, nice job :thumbupright:
Thanks! Launchbox / bigbox installed... amazing setup.

For those who need, the blacks of the screen are really deep, enev if the backlight is 350nit! Powerfull whites, and dark blacks. It's just an amazing screen/contrast.

(Whites look "blue", but this is only a phone's camera effect)

markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Vewlix: replace screen with OLED 1080p or LCD 1440p monitor

Post by markedkiller78 »

I think you’ve done a great job. Definitely an upgrade worth doing if you use a PC.

VA is the middle ground. Deep blacks, acceptable off axis viewing. Decent response, decent colour reproduction.

IPS - best colour accuracy and viewing angles. generally worst response time, poor black floor / contrast ratio

IMO both are suitable for gaming providing you buy one with low lag.

TN - fastest response time, terrible colour accuracy and shifting. I hate TN panels. I recently bought an expensive 240hz TN panel, which was said to be one of the best and it was awful to my eyes. I can’t stand colour shifting at all. For “professional gamers” :problem:
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Fits like a glove :slowclap:
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
Jughead
Please Continue...

Post by Jughead »

Thanks a lot for the photos as it does look a perfect match size wise with a gorgeous screen.

Did I also read correctly that the first photo is of the cheaper 1080 model and it fits the Vewlix?

Also for anyone else looking to buy the same type of monitor as yours there is a much cheaper version (around £450) on the German amazon (32GK850F-B). Not sure what the difference is but the frame is the same down to the RGB so it’s another option for the poorer people like me :lol: