exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
suicider
Please Continue...
eBay: suicidekiller

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by suicider »

kernow wrote: February 4th, 2019, 1:10 pm What hype train? Getting excited over pc hardware arcade releases

Desperation :awe:
Pretty much this. I just downloaded Aka to Blue for Android last week and it's a fun game, no question. But I can't see myself pumping $1,800 into a PC-based arcade system to play an updated mobile game :oops:

Then again I was really excited about the Daraku Tenshi announcement. Hopefully it will be a sequel not just the game with the stuff added that's already in the source code.

But we'll see. At least there's some competition now in the Arcade market and that's always a good thing. Good luck to everyone involved!
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

suicider wrote: February 4th, 2019, 6:28 pm
kernow wrote: February 4th, 2019, 1:10 pm What hype train? Getting excited over pc hardware arcade releases

Desperation :awe:
Pretty much this. I just downloaded Aka to Blue for Android last week and it's a fun game, no question. But I can't see myself pumping $1,800 into a PC-based arcade system to play an updated mobile game :oops:

Then again I was really excited about the Daraku Tenshi announcement. Hopefully it will be a sequel not just the game with the stuff added that's already in the source code.

But we'll see. At least there's some competition now in the Arcade market and that's always a good thing. Good luck to everyone involved!
The games for sale are primarily aimed at operators, and gamers like us can easily visit down and pop in coins / credit to play a few sessions; Therefore, there is no need to spend lots of $$$$ for a motherboard plus a game cartridge, unless you are a hardcore arcade collector.

I got a question for all of you guys:

Have you informed your operators about Exa Arcadia? If not, then do inform them that the new multi-game system will be ready by Summer 2019 (Tentative release period) and pitch to them as "modern neo geo with more operator-friendly business models". Lead them to the Twitter page of Exa Arcadia and their website to create more demand.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I’ll get on the phone to my operator in the morning :awe:
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

:lol: :palm:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

MrJBRPG wrote: February 4th, 2019, 10:16 pm The games for sale are primarily aimed at operators, and gamers like us can easily visit down and pop in coins / credit to play a few sessions;

It is but this forum is aimed at Japanese arcade gaming at home.

There will be some here that buy in to Exa but I suspect the majority will not spend the $$$$ on mobile/Steam ports. There were only a handful of members here that bought Cave games on release and these were unavailable elsewhere.
Dache

Post by Dache »

Original games take time though. It's way too early for the truly unique exA games to be shown. Shou and others say they're coming, I believe them. Fair enough if people aren't excited enough to personally buy any of the currently-known lineup for a home collection, but the future possibilities are tantalising and there actually being any kind of possibility for... well, anything like this arcade-related in space year 2019 is good. Look on the bright side, basically.
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

I just want to see more variety in the remaining arcades we have in the UK.... These days the places to find new stuff is bowling alleys etc and they have a tendency to be SUPER conservative with the stuff they get (and in my local on, ONLY NAMCO games). Anything that can be an experiment, stand out and be 20,000 GBP + cheaper than a large "theatre" cab has to be a good thing.

That said I doubt we'll see these in the UK (maybe up north where ther's more arcade goodness but in the south dedicated venues are mostly gone / redemption only)...
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

markedkiller78 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 10:34 pm I’ll get on the phone to my operator in the morning :awe:
"Hello, operator?"
"Hi, how may I direct your call?"
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

"Hey Operator, do you know there is like a modern neo geo?"
"What the hell is a neo geo?"
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Exa Arcadia has finally uploaded the streams of JAEPO 2019 on Youtube. Note, there are no subtitles and are uploaded raw as is. People are free to make an English translation as they wish.

Also,

If you wish for any games to be upgraded to the arcades, go to the game companies websites or social platforms and let them know.

If you are a developer that wants to make unique arcade experiences, feel free to pitch your ideas to Exa Arcadia as they are open to all kinds!

Let's hope for more news that POWERS UP TO THE EXA!!!
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Looks like we have good news in a small and significant way:

EXA Arcadia motherboard is truly usable with all kinds of IO boards.

jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I've played a few hours of VRITRA and enjoyed the game, spooky ambience with a nice simple game mechanic that is not over fussy but rewarding.
Looking forward to see what the HEXA version of exA will include!
"Please contact the local attendant"
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

MrJBRPG wrote: February 20th, 2019, 7:13 pm Looks like we have good news in a small and significant way:

EXA Arcadia motherboard is truly usable with all kinds of IO boards.

Google translation...

[Notice]
Although selling guide of exA board is going to various places, Miyado tried iO around correspondence check will be below

■ Liquid crystal chassis

Noir operation OK
Lindberg operation OK
Viewlix only Photo JVS iO board Either is necessary.

■JAMMA chassis

Sega iO operation OK
Capcom iO operation OK

Net City is OK
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Exa Arcadia Website is now updated!

https://exa.ac/en/

Now it is revised to be sleek, cleaner, and more uniting in brand colors like I have critiqued when it first came up. Before the change, the game and partner sections seemed to have a noisy array of rainbow in the panels, with some being harder to read against white text. There is also an updates blog section containing relevant news! I am very pleased that that Exa's website has been updated to a more professional level. Browsing the games and partners is also easier with picture of title with more information after clicking on the title.

Have a look at a now updated website with launch titles coming this year in 2019!

Also, Bingo Board Time!

Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Standart 2P Cab in production ? Would you be willing to explain what that means? You gonna offer a dedicated cab ? Delta-Exa incoming ?
yosai
Windy City

Post by yosai »

Final release date at CAX 2019.
CAX is July 27-28, 2019 :awe:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Here's my exA bingo:

CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Sounds like they're going to make BIG bucks with the Neo Geo crowd.

Will Twonk do the authentication of the carts? (for the double ++ Big Tymers only, and for a small fee)
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

where is JAPJAC (Leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one' © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.) these days ?
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

nem wrote: February 24th, 2019, 4:54 pm Here's my exA bingo:

Sent you a job offer. 8-)