exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by markedkiller78 »

I hope the system sells well and makes OPs plenty of money, but those games Edit: linked above :lol: I can’t wait to see the price of them.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

It'll be interesting to see if the A&B soft kit will be priced the same as the Steam remakes.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I'm presuming the a&b is the premium launch title and the steamers :shifty: will have varying entry points . A $1000+ bucks for some of them seems a tab much. Since they are being inspired by the Mvs in a way they need to factor that and not what Cave boards were sold for !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

geotrig wrote: January 29th, 2019, 3:13 pm I'm presuming the a&b is the premium launch title and the steamers :shifty: will have varying entry points . A $1000+ bucks for some of them seems a tab much. Since they are being inspired by the Mvs in a way they need to factor that and not what Cave boards were sold for !
Yeah $1800 for mainboard + game kit sounds about right, but $1000-$1500 for a **** poor remake of an already **** mobile game is going to have sales in single digits :problem:
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

I guess those games make sense in some markets. Especially catering to casual players in bowling alleys or shopping centres.
These don't have to be aimed at the traditional arcade players and collectors to gain footing in the market. Most operators never gave to **** if a game is good or bad they only want ROI.
If quality titles are available later on, i'll be fine.
Aurich

Post by Aurich »

Not to state the obvious, but this is a commercial system for operators to put on location and earn, not something aimed at home collectors. The math is different in that case.

I've got functioning eyes, I see the issues everyone else is pointing out too, some of these titles feel low rent. I'm sure they're taking anything they can get to build the catalog, it's a chicken and egg problem to launch a new system. If they can just get some units out there and even a few of these games are 'sticky' then they have a platform to build on and interest will rise. It takes time for original titles to be built, and you need a userbase to sell them to.

But if I'm an op and I pay $1000 for a $20 Steam game it's because I'm guessing I can get more than 1000 $1 coin drop plays on it. Plenty of these games are ones I'd pass up on Steam, I've got a wishlist a mile long like most people, but I'd definitely be curious enough to try if I was lucky enough to have an arcade full of Exa machines available.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

MrJBRPG wrote: January 29th, 2019, 2:23 pmhope for a greater deal of polish applied to the games
FTFY
markedkiller78 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 2:33 pm I hope the system sells well and makes OPs plenty of money
Same. There are no arcades anywhere nearby so the system's never going to make any money from me but I wish it well. Maybe if an AES style "home" version of the system gets produced that played the arcade carts AND had a warranty system here in the west...
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

A home version of a port of a steam game :awe:

At least this is available to western markets, unlike nesica.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Aurich wrote: January 29th, 2019, 4:02 pm Not to state the obvious, but this is a commercial system for operators to put on location and earn, not something aimed at home collectors. The math is different in that case.

I've got functioning eyes, I see the issues everyone else is pointing out too, some of these titles feel low rent. I'm sure they're taking anything they can get to build the catalog, it's a chicken and egg problem to launch a new system. If they can just get some units out there and even a few of these games are 'sticky' then they have a platform to build on and interest will rise. It takes time for original titles to be built, and you need a userbase to sell them to.

But if I'm an op and I pay $1000 for a $20 Steam game it's because I'm guessing I can get more than 1000 $1 coin drop plays on it. Plenty of these games are ones I'd pass up on Steam, I've got a wishlist a mile long like most people, but I'd definitely be curious enough to try if I was lucky enough to have an arcade full of Exa machines available.
You are correct to point out the logic behind the prices because arcade machines are an investment item for commercial distribution and public display. Not to mention, other components, like monitor; speakers; controllers; coin slot / card reader; banners; instructions; and accessories, to build that machine and show off the unit in full glory.

As for some multiplayer titles, some of them will be quite attractive to casual crowds such as My Slam & Jam, Cosmic Digger, Nippon Marathon Hyper Turbo Running, and Lightning Knights (Iron Crypticle EXA version). A diverse lineup for launch means there is something for every place and audience possible.

Anyways, it seems that GDC is off the table this year because EXA Arcadia is getting its first set of titles ready before summer as initial launch time in Japan. I only mentioned GDC because there is plenty of untapped potential on how EXA Arcadia can be utilized on other setup types such as cocktail and multi-link to bring in new forms of experiences not found on other personal devices and consoles.

Anyways, let us look forward to the first launch party worldwide and potential future conferences that EXA Arcadia plans to attend.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

PDF brochure for Japan:

Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

This is for the operator market and not consumers, period.

If you want to buy it, there is no limitation as an individual to buy it but don’t expect it to be consumer level pricing.

No game on the platform is 100% complete, all footage is early.

For context, here are recent prices for arcade games.
Gundam Extreme VS 2 5,500,000 JPY + 9% rev share
Tekken 7 Round 2 Upgrade Kit 800,000 JPY + 36% rev share
Street Fighter V Upgrade Kit 600,000 JPY + 35% rev share

Some of our location test income numbers over 1 week:
Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
The Kung Fu vs Karate Champ 60,000 JPY (#1 performing fighter in the whole arcade, outperforming Fighting EX Layer 10x)
On average, every game we put on test makes over 35,000 a week meaning an operator can recoup their investment in a month. That simply doesn’t happen with another platform or game.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Shou wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:35 am Some of our location test income numbers over 1 week:
Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
The Kung Fu vs Karate Champ 60,000 JPY (#1 performing fighter in the whole arcade, outperforming Fighting EX Layer 10x)
On average, every game we put on test makes over 35,000 a week meaning an operator can recoup their investment in a month. That simply doesn’t happen with another platform or game.
This sounds really promising, cant wait to see what the other developers are working on.
Does the Exa hardware have mounting tabs to be able to mount it on a wooden board? (Like the Type X2.)
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

exA-Arcadia just tweeted : testing on a CRT cab today in Vert mode 8-)
AkiraStorm
eBay: chbesson
Initials: AKS

Post by AkiraStorm »

garrz32 wrote: January 31st, 2019, 8:46 am exA-Arcadia just tweeted : testing on a CRT cab today in Vert mode 8-)
:awe: :thumbup:
monouchi
Polishing his shaft

Post by monouchi »

Cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarthBoMan
eBay: darthboman
Initials: DBM

Post by DarthBoMan »

That is promising. Since I don't have a HD-cab no more.
-x- I geek, therefore I am -x-
gamerworld: http://www.gamerworld.se
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

Shou wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:35 am This is for the operator market and not consumers, period.

If you want to buy it, there is no limitation as an individual to buy it but don’t expect it to be consumer level pricing.

Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
That's encouraging.
I hope the platform thrives and catches the eye of even more developers.
Those revenue share percentages are inane.

It's going to be interesting to see the change in the arcade landscape.
Best of luck.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft

Post by monouchi »

Really digging the different HUD in 4:3.
Well done Tanoshimasu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

monouchi wrote: January 31st, 2019, 10:01 am Really digging the different HUD in 4:3.
Well done Tanoshimasu.
Yeah it looks way better in 4:3. :awe:
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Shou wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:35 am This is for the operator market and not consumers, period.

Aka & Blue 100,000 JPY
That's some mic drop.

Do the games support 1080p? A&B in particular.