exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Hellfromabove »

Hey guys, we're really busy this weekend (and of course, the past year and a half leading up to this event). I will try to answer most of your questions. I was able to address most of them live in the stream chat today. Please subscribe to our social channels to be constantly updated on announcements, news, and streams.

@exaarcadia
Twitch.tv/exaarcadia
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/ycggo9so
Last edited by Hellfromabove on January 31st, 2019, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Today we had quite a few announcements. I'll restream the recording here in a bit for those that missed out so you can see everything that was discussed and shown off.

- The logo on the blue piece on the Vewlix cab is just a cutout. It had a Nesica card reader and we wanted to cover it. Taito had lent us the cabs which we are very thankful for :)
- Game select menu is available in both YOKO and TATE versions.
- Games will run on CRT cabs, we just don't have any at the show. Hopefully we can show something off at the next show. Really just focusing finishing everything and releasing the product.

I'm posting news on my twitter while the show is going on. You can check that out at @TusharHFA.
Last edited by Hellfromabove on January 27th, 2019, 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Jan wrote: January 26th, 2019, 2:58 pm :eh: really
This is pretty much my feelings towards the whole line up, Aka to Blue excluded.

However, Brizzo on Arcade-Projects had this to say on the games:
List of games released so far is tip of the ice berg :)

Some people seem to be upset on the prospect of steam ports (even though modified for arcade play), while ignoring the fact original titles take significant time and resources to create. Trust me, amazing games are coming.
Makes sense. He's in close ties with M2, so maybe there's hope for Ubusana yet.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Jan wrote: January 26th, 2019, 2:58 pm
geotrig wrote: January 26th, 2019, 12:20 pm Liking what I seeing so far, like the look of Axel city2 8-)
:eh: really
Well it doesn't really matter to me as I'm not buying it. But as a start it's not bad.
I still rather my arcade stuff be cutting edge but things have changed a bit since the 90's :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I'm sure there are great things to come, Shou has dropped enough hints to suggest that. Aka & Blue is certainly the flagship title though, seems really popular.

I imagine there are developers who have become disaffected with the arcade business model who are waiting to see how the system performs before investing.
Hellfromabove wrote: January 26th, 2019, 3:40 pm Taito had lent us the cabs which we are very thankful for :)
This is good to hear.
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

At the end of the twitch stream they briefly showed cassette / cartridge that were quite long and look easy to plug in.
My impression is that the h/w unit appears to be smaller and lighter than a Taito TX2, if so that that will help with shipping.

Aka & Blue now looks very polished and it was also good to see Vritra Hexa is coming to the platform(Darius Burst with Dragons?)

If they now have access to some Toaplan I.P then I'd love to see a new Snow Bros. :awe:
"Please contact the local attendant"
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

jimmerd wrote: January 26th, 2019, 9:35 pm At the end of the twitch stream they briefly showed cassette / cartridge that were quite long and look easy to plug in.
My impression is that the h/w unit appears to be smaller and lighter than a Taito TX2, if so that that will help with shipping.
Correct, it's much smaller than most PC based hardware that's been on the market. It was a request by some devs in Japan to get a very compact unit while still supporting our 4 cartridge standard. I think it turned out pretty well :) .

Btw, our Day 3 stream starts in about an hour. Please join us. I'll be there to answer questions.
Last edited by Hellfromabove on January 27th, 2019, 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

Fight of the Gods trailer came out, and I am sure there will be a nice niche OCCULT following due to a bizarre idea on which "god" from ancient to today would reign supreme.

I look forward to the day three stream. Looks like the stream is happening at 7PM pacific (12 noon Japan time) once again.

[Edit] The livestreamis having problems thanks to spotty internet connect as pointed out by someone else in charge of livestreams.

Oh well. Always better to get new information later than never.

[Edit again]

I discovered new titles by using the EXA hashtag

SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Who owns the IP nowadays and who's developing?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

CTN wrote: January 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm Who owns the IP nowadays and who's developing?
Zerodiv at a guess.

Tatsujin are developing a new shmup using Toaplan IP as well. Will certainly be interesting to see how these turn out.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

MrJBRPG wrote: January 27th, 2019, 2:31 amI discovered new titles by using the EXA hashtag
Both were already known. Alienfield is Heiankyo Alien, which was announced in March of last year. Devil Engine was announced for exA a couple of months ago.

Devil Engine looks really good. Problem is that like a lot of the exA games it's going to be available on Steam for like 20 euros.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

There are so many games I've lost track. Danmaku Unlimited 3 became Valkyrius and is now Akyrios Exa.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

nem wrote: January 27th, 2019, 12:37 pm
MrJBRPG wrote: January 27th, 2019, 2:31 amI discovered new titles by using the EXA hashtag
Both were already known. Alienfield is Heiankyo Alien, which was announced in March of last year. Devil Engine was announced for exA a couple of months ago.

Devil Engine looks really good. Problem is that like a lot of the exA games it's going to be available on Steam for like 20 euros.
Once again, Exa Arcadia mandates arcade versions, from games released on personal devices, to have content that is exclusive to the arcade version and shall not be available anywhere else. Some arcade versions will have more drastic changes than others even when many notable and minor differences are spotted.

Anyways, Exa Arcadia has more tweets that showcases new games.

After all of those announcements, I am very hopeful that Exa Arcadia would actually update their website that included the recently announced games along with hopefully a blog that focuses on important highlights.

One more thing: I am sure that HellfromAbove along with the streaming team from Exa Arcadia can successfully upload the livestream today so we can get new footage of the upcoming games.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

MrJBRPG wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:23 pmOnce again, Exa Arcadia mandates arcade versions, from games released on personal devices, to have content that is exclusive to the arcade version and shall not be available anywhere else. Some arcade versions will have more drastic changes than others even when many notable and minor differences are spotted.
Sure, but that could mean anything. It could mean an extra player ship in a shooting game.

We'll see!
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

My biggest concern is Mobil-game look of the games, but i guess that is a matter of taste. Never been a fan of the Indie Game Genre.

Anyway, i‘ll give it a shot
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

At this point, since some of the games are more ready for launch for late spring/early summer, judging based on the Japan sales shipment date from Exa Arcadia's twitter (even though worldwide release is intent), there should and will eventually be video trailers that actually highlight differences between the Exa Arcadia version and others so that there is a reason for consumers to try out the arcade version. The sizzle reel takes the selection of gameplay videos from "most" previously released home/personal versions as games planned to have the arcade version, which is very fine for the pre-launch party, but not for the release version, unless there are games that are actually made for Exa Arcadia first or only.

Also, the Exa Arcadia website should be revised to strongly reflect the three brand colors (white, black, red), along with the updated game and partners list, and possibly a blog that highlights developer interviews, updates on the hardware / accessories, and spotlights of arcades that use the Exa Arcadia in unique ways. They sure have a whole lot of plans for years down the road, and we all wish them a good path to success.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

How much are operators expected to pay for these games? :eh:

Slam and Jam looks like a **** version of NBA Jam, which a real PCB can be had for under £200....
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

phillv85 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 1:19 pm How much are operators expected to pay for these games? :eh:

Slam and Jam looks like a **** version of NBA Jam, which a real PCB can be had for under £200....
Possible pricing for the games and motherboard, albeit not final and can vary:
http://shmupemall.com/interviews/interv ... 19145.html
– At what price do you intend to sell an exA-Arcadia kit? And what about games?

Eric Chung: We have not really announced a price yet, but you can expect one kit, motherboard plus game, to cost around US$2000. And then, depending on the game, around $1000 to $1500. We are still looking into this to see what the price will be. But as you know, a new CAVE shooting game was sold around $1800, so it’s more or less the standard price in Japan.
As for the My Slam and Jam along with the whole sizzle reel, it may not seem impressive at first due to many of the videos being placeholders of existing games from home release. However, when the first set of games are about to be ready for launch, then all of these placeholders will be replaced with actual gameplay footage of the Exa Version along with highlighting exclusive features not available elsewhere.

With the arcade versions coming up, expect a greater deal of polish applied to the games, which some mobile conversions like My Slam and Jam can really benefit from the process.