Neo25 - help identifying missing part

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
corn
eBay: corn0873

Neo25 - help identifying missing part

Post by corn »

I recently picked up a Neo25 Cab and it looks to be missing a part. I can't seem to find a manual online anywhere. I'm guessing it may be some kind of mains filter?

Any owners out there able to identify what is missing here (the rusty square were the wires look to have been taped together)

penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Re: Neo25 - help identifying missing part

Post by penrhos »

Looking at the shape of the rust I'd say either a step-down or isolation transformer.

The mains filter is the black box on the back where the wires come in.

I'd check if your monitor needs an isolation transformer before switching it on or the whole cab could become live and also what voltage it's expecting (probably 100VAC).
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
corn

Post by corn »

Cheers - it occurred to me after I'd posted that the filter is on the back of the incoming supply. Guess it could well be an isolation transformer. I'll have a look to see what monitor is in there.

Was planning on running with a 100v transformer from Airlink
corn

Post by corn »

Label on the Monitor frame says "Hitachi GMK-25FS2". Can't find a great deal on this monitor though. Anyone know if it needs an Isolation transformer?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The cab came from China. There used to be a step down transformer where the wires have been cut as China is 220V and your cab is originally from Japan (100V).

You don't need an isolation transformer for the monitor. You're good to go as is. However, personally I would change the wiring. Under the tape the wires have just been twist tied together.
corn

Post by corn »

Thanks... I also checked with Grant (gunblade/grantspain) and he confirmed much the same - no isolation transformer needed. I'm glad as it looks to be difficult to find those beasts these days - especially 100v verions.

I'll get the wires replaced as you suggest as I suspect they are indeed just twisted together!