Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Ask if you can exchange the other one for a Mortal Kombat 11 preorder. :whoopsie:
Emulation's nice when done well
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Very much enjoying Smash Ultimate. There's a lot to wrap your head around in Spirits mode but it's much better than any of the filler modes in previous games.
JXZO
Please Continue...
eBay: jakksuu

Post by JXZO »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 9:39 am Nintendo knows marketing. I absolutely hated Smash Bros on the Wii U, but I still wonder if the upcoming game is fun, thanks to the last trailer.

Maybe I'll just get into Pokken. :whoopsie:
Let it be known that he did not enjoy his time with the new Smash.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Yes, it was as awful as I remembered. Pretty funny how I don't like a game centered on ring out mechanics.. :awe:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

geotrig wrote: October 18th, 2017, 10:04 pm Golf story is supposed to be good as well
Really enjoying it! My copy arrived last week and I've been able to give it a little time. It plays an excellent triple-tap golf game with some additional bits (precision shot mode removing a lot of the trial and error/whack it and pray methods in other golf games), and the RPG/story side of it gives me enough reason to play it single player. The music reminds me a lot of old Lucasarts graphic adventures.

My only gripe, it uses two different "pixel" sizes for the pixel art. Some effects are done with the smaller size where it looks good, but they also use them in some animations like the trees swaying, and it was the first thing I saw when starting the game - looks like there's vertical tearing on every tree. The dialogs/UI are all done in high resolution. Normally quite jarring this works well here.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Limited Run Games wrote: Two new Limited Runs announced!

Windjammers comes to Switch in a two-week open pre-order, starting December 21 at 10am ET.

Celeste finally gets a physical release for the PS4 and Switch in the new year! Both PS4 and Switch standard editions will be a two-week open pre-order, starting January 1, 2019 at 10am ET.
Is Windjammers on Switch any good? Not sure I'd get enough out of it without someone to play against, not for the £45 it comes to from LRG. Celeste looks like a must though.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I was waiting for a physical release but as you said £45 is steep for it no matter how much i love it :( ,i've spent a fortune on games recently.. :oops:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

Any of you guys out into Starfox, collectables wise? Because the Starlink Battle for Atlas game is tanking hard and it's being heavily discounted everywhere. The Switch version comes with a good size replica of the Arwing and at £17.99-£19.99 (from £50-£60 was it?) I think it's worth it just for the ship alone. Ordered mine a few days ago.

Gameplay wise it's got good reviews and it's very Starfoxy.. Since I don't own a model of the Arwing and don't see any alternative to buy one any other way... This is currently our only chance to grace our desks with a good build of it that costs essentially peanuts.
Loving robots since the 80's.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

You're into some super premium class peanuts! :awe:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I read that the Arwing model wasn't all that nicely made, and the game was a fairly repetitive TPS? Certainly a decent bargain though.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

cools wrote: December 17th, 2018, 10:20 am I read that the Arwing model wasn't all that nicely made, and the game was a fairly repetitive TPS? Certainly a decent bargain though.
I’ve not held the actual toy but I have held the box with it in at Smyth’s Toys. It looked good to me. But keep in mind it’s gonna be lite because these Starlink ships are meant to be clipped on to your controller via holder, to be played like you are a kid going “whoosh pew pew pew”. It is a kid’s game after all, meant to be the next Skylanders. It just failed when parents saw the money grubbing nature of it all, because you buy weapons upgrades and new ship all the time as they do with all toys-to-life games.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: December 17th, 2018, 9:29 am You're into some super premium class peanuts! :awe:
Well it is considering the only alternative was a model made by F4F at £245 which is no longer available.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

:lol:
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Out Run's out.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

:thumbup:

I’m looking forward to Virtua Racing.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote: December 12th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Limited Run Games wrote: Two new Limited Runs announced!

Windjammers comes to Switch in a two-week open pre-order, starting December 21 at 10am ET.

Celeste finally gets a physical release for the PS4 and Switch in the new year! Both PS4 and Switch standard editions will be a two-week open pre-order, starting January 1, 2019 at 10am ET.
Is Windjammers on Switch any good? Not sure I'd get enough out of it without someone to play against, not for the £45 it comes to from LRG. Celeste looks like a must though.
I caved and bought celeste , 49.99$ :problem: :problem: :problem: robbing **** also have reverie on order with play asia, looking forward to that as it looks like a decent earthbound type clone.(no idea if its any good :lol: )

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Looking forward to both of those 8-) ,will also probably DL Tetris 99 as well ,cause I need another Tetris game in my life :lol:

SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Less interested in yet another Wii U port.

markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Astral looks good, but LA :problem: I was hoping for a resident evil 2 remake type Zelda with the WW engine. You know, an actual Zelda game with nice graphics Nintendo :problem: