Cabinet+ps4, how to power on the console?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
sabreAZ
Please Continue...
eBay: sabre_srk
Initials: SOB

Cabinet+ps4, how to power on the console?

Post by sabreAZ »

My vewlix cabinet doubles up as a way to play ps4 games, mainly fighters. The cab is wired up with Brook boards. One with a universal board, one with a ps4 board. Is there a way to turn on the ps4 without needing a dual shock paired, or using the android app, or opening the cabinet to manually turn it on?

Do the brook boards have the ability to power the console on via the ps button? I've never been able to do this with my fightsticks as well. Is there an option I'm missing, or maybe a special solder joint n the brook board I need to use for the PS button to gain that ability?

It's annoying having to keep a pad there or opening the cab. Just to turn it on.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Re: Cabinet+ps4, how to power on the console?

Post by mRCaESaR »

Brooks don't have the ability to turn the console on.

Having a controller nearby isn't that bad surely?

My front door is always open on mine so I haven't even bothered.
sabreAZ
Please Continue...

Post by sabreAZ »

Both of those methods is usually what I usually resort to. My issues are, however, leaving the front panel open, my dog wants to get in there lol. As for the ds4. It's not a bad option at all, as that is what I usually do, but I have two ps4s in the house and two ds4's. This creates a problem when both are paired with the other ps4. I have to go get the ds4, Re-pair it, or they are both in use.

I've seen some videos online where people have been able to do this, by just pressing a button that is on their control panel. I just saw another yt vid of a guy powering on his cabinet and then his ps4, using some super generic white remote with only 4 buttons on it.

There has to be a way, other than pad hacking a ds4, solely for the purpose of using it as the home button for powering the console on, from the cab.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

My PS4 is outside the Vewlix on a small wood box. Makes it easier to swap games and allows air to get to the console.
sabreAZ
Please Continue...

Post by sabreAZ »

All my fighters are digital copies, so I have no reason to have it sit outside.

I just want a clean, all enclosed cabinet. I seen youtubers do it. Of course you message them, and never get back to you =(
Jughead
Please Continue...

Post by Jughead »

sabreAZ wrote: January 10th, 2019, 4:12 pm Both of those methods is usually what I usually resort to. My issues are, however, leaving the front panel open, my dog wants to get in there lol. As for the ds4. It's not a bad option at all, as that is what I usually do, but I have two ps4s in the house and two ds4's. This creates a problem when both are paired with the other ps4. I have to go get the ds4, Re-pair it, or they are both in use.

I've seen some videos online where people have been able to do this, by just pressing a button that is on their control panel. I just saw another yt vid of a guy powering on his cabinet and then his ps4, using some super generic white remote with only 4 buttons on it.

There has to be a way, other than pad hacking a ds4, solely for the purpose of using it as the home button for powering the console on, from the cab.
Are those remotes for wireless power switches as they should be on eBay or banggood?

If not you could try asking on one of this websites that love to tinker with IFTTT so that it automatically powers on your PS4 when triggered with motion/switch etc.