Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
sabreAZ
Please Continue...
eBay: sabre_srk
Initials: SOB

Vewlix Custom Auxiliary Control Panel?

Post by sabreAZ »

Hi all,

I have been searching high and wide for these custom built Auxiliary Control Panels that I see are made in Korea. The problem is, one company only includes them with their clone cabinets and will not sell separately, from what I can see. And another is custom built by some guy that I guess was commissioned to makes some of his own

This is the one that apparently will not be sold without the cab:

istmall.co.kr/us/goods/goods_view.php?goodsNo=1009992329

This next one is by Arcadelab.co.kr but unfortunately, I cannot navigate this site at all. And I managed to find a blog set talking about making it, back in 2013. Not sure if this guy even makes them anymore, or if it is for sale somewhere on the site, or whatever. But it looks like this:

Here's a random post I found on the Arcadelab site

blog.naver.com/itistrue/10173336841

I hate the idea of just drilling some holes on the stock panel of the vewlix, but I would like more buttons for more control and the volume knob. Tacky or not, I'd prefer something like this due to functionality.

If anyone that knows Korean can navigate the sites and find out if there's a way to purchase one of these, or know of another place, that would be amazing. Or maybe there is someone out there I could commission to build the panel?

I've been on a dead end with these things for months, so I figure I'd ask you guys. Any help on this would be great.
Jughead
Please Continue...

Re: Vewlix Custom Auxiliary Control Panel?

Post by Jughead »

I can’t answer your question but I have seen them on YouTube videos from Korean users so you could try asking them.

I noticed another Korean user uploaded a new video with a different layout, look at all those buttons. He has a nice collection of home games.

sabreAZ
Please Continue...
eBay: sabre_srk
Initials: SOB

Re: Vewlix Custom Auxiliary Control Panel?

Post by sabreAZ »

That's not a bad solution, for decal based solution. Not bad at all.

As for the other ones, people have tried messaging, and myself included, and some of them point to the IST website which requires to purchase the entire cabinet =( And I have never had a response in regards to the arcadelabs version.

Thanks for helping and at least pointing me to that website!