Astro/New Astro City CP quirk.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
geldra

Astro/New Astro City CP quirk.

Post by geldra »

This isn’t a question that needs a fix, more an observation.

Does anyone know why or have a theory why a lot of Astros aren’t flush on the left hand side of the CP where the CP meets the monitor surround?

I have two Astros and they’re both the same. Is it a flaw in the materials they used, some kind of shrinkage?
Astro City is only a letter away from atrocity. Makes you think doesn’t it?
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Re: Astro/New Astro City CP quirk.

Post by mRCaESaR »

Mine is pretty flush.

I think it's the way the hinges are screwed on - your particular machines might not be screwed on the hinges so when the cp is locked, that it's flush.

Also, you have to take into consideration, these are over 25 years old (the Astro's anyway). They're bound to get some wear and imperfections over time
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The bolt holes for the hinge aren't round, they're oval. Just undo them and push or pull the CP as fit and then tighten.
geldra

Post by geldra »

I have given it a go and it looks better. The monitor surround definitely sticks out a bit from the cabinet back on the left. Not that this looks bad or anything. Was just a general observation from seeing a lot of recent Astro refurbs here and there. Just wondered if it was something about the Astro (like how a lot of machines split/crack either side of the CP where the cab must be weak).
Astro City is only a letter away from atrocity. Makes you think doesn’t it?