Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Was Starfox Zero any good? And would it work on the Switch if Nintendo made a DX version like with MK8?
Emulation's nice when done well
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Nice, more ports I can play away from a TV.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: September 14th, 2018, 12:47 pm Was Starfox Zero any good? And would it work on the Switch if Nintendo made a DX version like with MK8?
It’d be arguably better, as the general opinion is it’s a game with a lot of potential but ruined by the dual screen controls.

I remember how difficult it was for FPS games to adopt mouselook or twin stick movement, and the earliest examples were reviewed badly due to “bad controls”, so I’d been taking the Starfox Zero criticism with a pinch of salt. But then even the SFZ Speedrun world record holder hates the controls so maybe there’s something to it. :lol:
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Sigh. It’s easy to see why people hate Nintendo.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Downloaded my 1st aca hamster neogeo title after all this time and was surprised at how good they where. Beats paying 130 quid :lolno:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

SNK cover looks alright if amazon is right? The price though :problem:

SNK 40th Anniversary Collection (Nintendo Switch)
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Was only looking at it yesterday and still cant get over the price , its a bit premium to say the least.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Same price directly from the publisher: https://store.nisaeurope.com/collection ... ndo-switch

The Namco one is a bit better:
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Playing Hollow Knight at the moment. Bought it on PC ages ago but I didn't give it enough chance and sacked it off. Started it on Switch again and I'm loving it. I'm about 20hrs in at the moment. Frame rate is a bit poop in water sections and tbh it seems worse in docked mode which is strange as I thought it was meant to have a bit more grunt when docked? That aside it's pretty rad 8-)

Can't get enough of that Geo :hinthint:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

Without looking into it, it will be running at a higher resolution in docked mode (likely 720 vs 1080)

Wasp put me on to, in to the breach (FTL team). It’s ace. Only thing I’ve played since buying
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

I'm not too sure... But I think docking the switch only lets it display in 1080p and doesn't add any grunt... If anything playing in 720p in portable mode should make it a bit faster.
Loving robots since the 80's.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

In docked mode the switch GPU runs (can) at full tilt. In handheld it doesn’t to preserve the already **** poor battery.

I can’t remember the % but it normally offsets the jump from lower res to higher.

Wolfensien 2 is 244p at times handheld and docked can be 480p. It differs between games what gets cut for handheld
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Developers specify what resolution/effects are used when docked or undocked. More power is available docked, but this doesn't translate into automatic smoother games.

I'm back playing Rayman Legends after parking it for a while. It's nicely chunked and checkpointed, pretty satisfying to chip away at slowly.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

FrancoB wrote: September 27th, 2018, 12:29 pm Playing Hollow Knight at the moment. Bought it on PC ages ago but I didn't give it enough chance and sacked it off. Started it on Switch again and I'm loving it. I'm about 20hrs in at the moment. Frame rate is a bit poop in water sections and tbh it seems worse in docked mode which is strange as I thought it was meant to have a bit more grunt when docked? That aside it's pretty rad 8-)

Can't get enough of that Geo :hinthint:
Downloaded it a few weeks ago and played maybe an hr :oops: and put it aside , must give it another go I think it was too late when i was playing so was just falling asleep ! :problem:

I'm waiting for in to the breach to go on offer ! :awe:

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote: September 27th, 2018, 1:20 pm Developers specify what resolution/effects are used when docked or undocked. More power is available docked, but this doesn't translate into automatic smoother games.

I'm back playing Rayman Legends after parking it for a while. It's nicely chunked and checkpointed, pretty satisfying to chip away at slowly.
I vaguely remember some specifying at the start if there was a difference or not when docked ,like you say some Devs did others didnt. Dont see or I'm not noticing this as much now.

LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

How is Splatoon 2 in handheld mode? :whoopsie:
Emulation's nice when done well
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I only played it handheld mode, ignoring the hub, it was faultless. I think the hub is a higher resolution and 30FPS.

You spend next to no time there, and I think it still runs at 30FPS docked
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

psikyo collection vol 2 looks to be up for preorder on playasia. capcom beatemups as well !

SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

geotrig wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 10:36 am capcom beatemups as well !
This is the one you want.

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

oh wow, didn't see that ! 8-) although being capcom you would think they'd know that most of them were not on cps2 ! :lol: