I'm currently playing:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: I'm currently playing:

Post by FrancoB »

FrancoB wrote: July 29th, 2018, 4:10 pm Dead Cells on Switch = :awe: :awe: :awe:

It's another procedurally generated game but it works really, really well. I've been playing it pretty much non stop today. Currently stuck on the Black Bridge. Need to get a good weapons loadout to get past it.
**** me this game is incredible :-o I'm about 45 runs in now and each run now lasts a good hour or so. There's so much to upgrade/unlock and keep you interested. I don't think I've played a game this solidly in ages!

I've got all four runes now which helps. Black Bridge is a piece of cake now. I had just unlocked the Throne Room (final boss) via High Peak Castle and I was just going round trying to get any last cells and I got stuck in corner with a load of enemies and died :palm:

The risk/reward is great. Do you try and collect all cells and risk losing them along with any blueprints? Do you use a valuable energy potion or try and hang onto it and gain some health via the Necromancy munition? Do you open cursed chests or leave them alone. Do you face Elite guards/enemies or leave them to it? It often changes game to game depending on your loadout/weapons. There are multiple paths to take depending on what you want to do and there are loads of secrets.

What really surprised me ia how good the generated levels are. Every run though feels as if the level had been designed rather than generated.

I had better stop gushing before I need to change my Tena Lady :whoopsie:
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

FrancoB wrote:Dead Cells
It sounds quite awesome
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Doesn't it have massive frame rate issues on the Switch?
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

There are a few frame rate drops here and there,I wouldn't call them massive though and certainly not enough for it not to be hugely enjoyable in my opinion. Motion Twin are looking to optimise the game further though
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Tobal No 1.

It's 2018 and this is still one of the best looking, best sounding and most comfortable to control fighting games ever. Virtual moat fighting perfection! Rather unfortunate that it took me over 20 years since its release to get how to play this, but it's now easily the #1 game on the PS1. Zero Divide 2 and Goiken Muyou II had to make way for the new king. :awe:

Don't play the PAL version, it's too slow. And pad beats stick. Tobal 2 usually gets all the attention but the juggling completely ruins it for me.
Emulation's nice when done well
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Still trying to beat the last 30 floor dungeon in the quest mode of Tobal No 1. It's hard but fun!
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Still can't beat that dungeon. Mixing it up with Fighting Vipers 2 on the DC now.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

Now playing Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. I finished them 3 times before on Dreamcast, but this rerelease demanded a new playthrough. The Japanese audio in Shenmue 1 makes a big difference!!!
AxBattler
Initials: MS

Post by AxBattler »

Sniper Elite 3
Missile5
Please Continue...
eBay: buzz939

Post by Missile5 »

I'm playing Zarch (Archimedes), Outfoxies (Arcade) and Drop7 on Android. If anyone has Drop7 please message and add me, because I want to get better and need some competition. I've been trying to beat my friend's score on Blitz mode for over a year. I've now got half of what he scored...
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I played Drop 7 for a while but uninstalled it when I realised it had random impossible situations, put me right off. Don't mind a game punishing me for making mistakes. Do mind getting handed something unavoidable.

Back to Bayonetta 2. Think I'm getting near the end. It's definitely prettier and with wilder design than Bayo 1. Although the button configuration is easier to handle, combat seems mashier and less precise in the sequel. Glad that the insta-death QTEs are gone.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Onrush. Game of the year, or it will be if they ever fix the bugs.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Into the Breach is bloody great. If you like Advance Wars and FTL then I’d recommend giving it a blast.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

Ahh nice, been wanting an Advance Wars substitute for a long time. Bought Tiny Metal which is an AW homage but it's missions and level designs are boring.
Will buy ITB tonight.
Loving robots since the 80's.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

I'm still working my way through Octopath Traveler, which is a really excellent game.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

I've been playing OT as well.
Very pleaseant experience. The split controller with the joycons makes it even better for some lazy gaming.
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

I'm a Picross addict at the moment.
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

Rockman 2 is a very good game, heavy on the memorising though.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

Just finished Captain Toad on Switch assisted by my kids. It starts very strong being fresh and full of imagination, but it fades rapidly and becomes annoying and repetitive towards the end. Overall, it was not a game to remember.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

cools wrote: September 6th, 2018, 3:23 pmBack to Bayonetta 2. Think I'm getting near the end.
Finished Bayonetta 2 end of September. Bayonetta 1 is a better game than Bayonetta 2.

While 2 removes 99% of the really irritating parts of 1, and is far prettier - the basic combat is nowhere near as good. 1 has a rhythm and definite structure to combat that's removed entirely in 2 by the addition of Umbran Climax. 2 is spam combo > UC > spam combo, and adds in entirely un-cued enemy attacks. As a button mashing action game it's fine, but it's greatly dumbed down compared to 1. Think Ninja Gaiden (technical) vs God of War (mashing).

Been playing Owlboy over the past few weeks and completed it last night. It's a bit style over substance. The graphics are some of the best pixel art ever, as is the soundtrack. The game underneath is paced weirdly (there are a lot of times where you'll literally be doing nothing except pushing the stick one direction for a while), I can't abide the way it switches between scrolling + fixed screens (you end up smacking into stuff that if it scrolled normally you'd see a mile off), and having to keep tapping ZR for every shot you let off grows tedious. Worth it for the money it's going for though - I paid about £15 for a new physical copy.

Tempted to pick up Shantae next...