Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
glocknyne562
eBay: glocknyne562

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Post by glocknyne562 »

I have the coin mech working perfectly. I'll make a post about it tomorrow. It's 1am at the moment.
Kavas

Post by Kavas »

glocknyne562 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 9:16 am I have the coin mech working perfectly. I'll make a post about it tomorrow. It's 1am at the moment.
Eagerly awaiting this. I have the coin mech on my desk right next to me. I keep playing with it kinda like a fidget device :oops: :lol:
glocknyne562

Post by glocknyne562 »

Kavas wrote: August 24th, 2018, 6:24 pm
glocknyne562 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 9:16 am I have the coin mech working perfectly. I'll make a post about it tomorrow. It's 1am at the moment.
Eagerly awaiting this. I have the coin mech on my desk right next to me. I keep playing with it kinda like a fidget device :oops: :lol:
Sorry I forgot all about this. I'm currently at work right now.

The model I have is PY-800.

The first thing you want to do is to check if your coin mech is powered on. If your coin mech is not powered on, it will reject everything. You will hear a loud BEEP when it is powered.

Here is the pin out of the cable that I received when I got my Chewlix.

Image Image

As you can see. You only need cables for NO, 12v, and ground.

I wired the cable for NO (coin signal) to my Brook fighting board (use anY button). You can also splice it to your coin signal from your jamma harness if you have a jamma setup.

You can wire the 12v to the arcade power supply. I just purchased this and power + ground it up this way.

Now you just want to make sure your coin acceptor is in NO mode. For my model, the switch is located here and all I did was make sure it's all the way up.

Now, it's time for you to put a sample of the coin that you want to use here. Just lift up the "Replace Coin" piece and stick your coin in there.

Next you want to make sure it's in slow mode. For this model just move the switch all the way to the left.

Now you want to adjust the sensitivity for your coin acceptor. Just get a small flathead. I believe I got mine going more clockwise.

That's pretty much it. Let me know if it helps.
Last edited by glocknyne562 on August 27th, 2018, 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

glocknyne562 wrote: August 25th, 2018, 5:35 am
The first thing you want to do is to check if your coin mech is powered on. If your coin mech is not powered on, it will reject everything. You will hear a loud BEEP when it is powered.
Hahahaha! I guess that's been my issue. I don't power the unit.

The moment you mentioned it needed to be powered on, the light bulb moment just happened.

I've been used to mechanical coin mechs pretty much all my arcade owning life.

I'll try and get it working over time.
Kavas

Post by Kavas »

glocknyne562 wrote: August 25th, 2018, 5:35 am I wired the cable for NO (coin signal) to my Brook fighting board (use anY button). You can also splice it to your coin signal from your jamma harness if you have a jamma setup.
So you put your green wire into the brook in let's say, L3 spot, and it works?

How does it know if you inserted the right coin? I know there is a sample coin but surely it cannot be that simple?
glocknyne562

Post by glocknyne562 »

Updated my old post.
mRCaESaR wrote: August 26th, 2018, 10:14 pm Hahahaha! I guess that's been my issue. I don't power the unit.

The moment you mentioned it needed to be powered on, the light bulb moment just happened.

I've been used to mechanical coin mechs pretty much all my arcade owning life.

I'll try and get it working over time.
Yes, that was my first mistake too. I was wondering why it rejected everything until I checked the wire and noticed it wasn't connected to anything.
Kavas wrote: August 26th, 2018, 10:38 pm

So you put your green wire into the brook in let's say, L3 spot, and it works?

How does it know if you inserted the right coin? I know there is a sample coin but surely it cannot be that simple?
Yes, I connected the green wire to the brook fighting board. I used L1 but any will do. Yes, it's that simple. Put the sample coin and adjust the sensitivity.
metaphantom
Please Continue...
eBay: none
Initials: Z.J

Post by metaphantom »

Kavas wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 2:13 am

It came with no screen, no electronics underneath. Surprisingly, it still had the speakers in it. I wanted to put my own 1080p screen into it because the 720p VGA screen these chinese cabs come with I figured must be garbage. As someone here has mentioned about the electricity and wiring shocking them, I knew I couldn't trust some shady setup from another country, besides I don't have no 240 volt outlets like Euro does. Standard here is 120 Volts. The speaker wires were green and orange, much like yours was mRCaESaR. There was no light strip on the move list on the control panel, so I had that to cover as well. Don't get me started on the joystick and buttons. They were so ****. I knew I wanted new Sanwa parts anyways. To get started, I removed this big metal piece I think houses the screen guts from my cab. What is left looks different from mRCaESaR's cab, as there is a panel there with VESA mounting standard layout.

TV

I bought a slim TV, a LG TV with a small bezel to get started. I wasn't versed on VESA wall mounts at the time, so I made my own wooden mount to bring the screen closer to the cabs glass bezel from 2* 2x4's and a piece of plywood that I fitted with screw holes. I used this HDMI switcher so there would be no bothering with cables.

This worked, but doing it myself I couldn't get it exactly perfect the first time since it was a homemade mount. Still, it was close enough, I just wanted to play. You can only see just a small hair of the bezel of the TV on one corner of the cabs glass. A friend told me you would never notice it unless you pointed it out.

Hey guys. Love this Chewlix post discussion we're having here! I've been researching on getting myself one of these as well in the next couple of weeks and plan to get an empty cabinet just like Kavas did. :)

Kavas, can you tell me what model of the LG TV did you get? I plan to install an LCD or and LED TV myself so would love to know what works best. (Maybe get something that is as close to the one you got) Is it easy to install and what other things would I need in order to have a smooth installation?
Would I need to debezel the TV if I get one?

Keep up the great discussion! Hopefully will showcase my experience too once I get mine. :)
Kavas

Post by Kavas »

metaphantom wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:44 am Hey guys. Love this Chewlix post discussion we're having here! I've been researching on getting myself one of these as well in the next couple of weeks and plan to get an empty cabinet just like Kavas did. :)

Kavas, can you tell me what model of the LG TV did you get? I plan to install an LCD or and LED TV myself so would love to know what works best. (Maybe get something that is as close to the one you got) Is it easy to install and what other things would I need in order to have a smooth installation?
Would I need to debezel the TV if I get one?

Keep up the great discussion! Hopefully will showcase my experience too once I get mine. :)
The links are in my original post, but they don't really stand out unless you highlight over them. I used This TV ... mainly because it was thin. It's about 2.2 inches fat without the stand.

The installation was a nightmare, and even recently I just redid it again. I am happy with it now, but it is by no means easy to install your own tv into these cabs. I tried tv wall mounts, custom wooden mounts, etc. Getting the tv lined up perfectly is a real challenge. Then comes the stability. Even with the wall mounts I used, even if I got it perfectly lined up, moving it might slide the tv on the rail of the tv mount.

I ended up using the original metal box thing that the cab came with that housed the guts of the original screen. I then took the TV I bought and gutted it all the way down as far as I could go. The circuit boards, speakers, everything came out and was wired up apart from the TV. Even then it is a tight fit.

I cannot say for certain what your experience will be like because it seems all these Chewlix's have different layouts and there is no standard. Personally I had maybe a little over an inch to work with to fit my TV inside with the metal box attached. Without the box, I had maybe 4 inches but nothing ever lined up. If I had to do it all again, I might heavily consider just getting the screen it comes with and spare myself the headache. It will be alot of trial and error for you at the very least, if you decide to use your own TV.
bgspot
Please Continue...
eBay: bgspot

Post by bgspot »

Hello to all and especially to you Kavas. This is my first post and you are the reason i registered to Otaku! Like you i've been wanting Vewlix for a very long time. I've finally decided to pull the trigger on one first half of December. My question is how do you search by a specific vendor name on Alibaba???
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

During my search I contacted as many vendors as I could and pretty much that there were 3 main vendors.

The vendor I chose ended up being the one thst was happy to communicate back and for to me even though I only wanted 1 unit and was reasonably priced.
bgspot
Please Continue...

Post by bgspot »

Hey Caesar you wouldn't happen to have those 3 main vendors would you? One of the vendors i have on my list to contact is Guangzhou Wangdong Electronics Technology.
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Here's the spreadsheet I somewhat started at the time.

bgspot
Please Continue...

Post by bgspot »

Kool, much appreciated!!!
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Awesome video here by Adam Kessell (evawingzero on IG) about the chewlix's

cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Frames on wall aren't level. :mad:
glocknyne562

Post by glocknyne562 »

17FA8E62-82F9-4D52-B350-6C332414E0C8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Nice! Mine is coming!

Here's mine currently being prepared for the artwork.. I've added an led strip and I changed that horrible blue led to white on the marquee.

mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

Further to the preparation of the SFV artwork, the other thing to do on my list was to change the black bit on the side to that satin chrome like the original vewlix C... Enter a 10 dollar piece of satin chrome vinyl..

Got to work with installing the vinyl and voila.. She's starting to look the part.

An hour or so later... I installed them back on the cab and I must say, I'm very happy with how it turned out and how it looks!

Side profile

Bottom piece with the screw changed to stainless steel

Next to the other chewlix with one cab still needing the mod

And finally the angle with a the taito logo.. (cab needs a clean)

It's amazing how a little change like that makes the biggest difference.

Hopefully I have enough vinyl left to do the marquee holder.
bgspot
Please Continue...

Post by bgspot »

Caesar your cab is looking very nice!!!
mRCaESaR

Post by mRCaESaR »

bgspot wrote: November 12th, 2018, 2:25 am Caesar your cab is looking very nice!!!
Thanks! I will probably end up doing the feet at some point too!

I'm was hoping the artwork would arrive soon, but I just couldn't wait for the artwork to power them on and test.....

It's such a beautiful sight... :) :)