Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by SuperPang »

Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

SuperPang wrote:Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

You do know that the original quote from the Kevin Costner movie is "If you build it, he will come.".

That doesn't really entail much success for the exA-Arcadia :awe:
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Alright Kevin Costner fan club, sorry if I offended you. :awe:

If they build it I will come. :fastlove:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

SuperPang wrote:
If they build it I will come EX

:thumbup:
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Cosmic Digger 3671 looks fun
"Please contact the local attendant"
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

I still like the idea of the platform, but if they can't manage to get any notable titles ported to it... it's effectively dead in the water.

I don't think that the current lineup can generate any significant income for operators.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

kazuo wrote:I still like the idea of the platform, but if they can't manage to get any notable titles ported to it... it's effectively dead in the water.

I don't think that the current lineup can generate any significant income for operators.
Funny because every title we have put on test in Japan has performed with high income numbers. Aka & Blue would pay for itself within 2 weeks at higher occupancy locations in Tokyo.

What you think works and what actually works can be two different things. Many “notable” titles are actually money losers for most arcades.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

That's really great to hear, because I had my doubts as well. Should hopefully pave the way for new games down the line.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Shou wrote: August 5th, 2018, 1:46 am
kazuo wrote:I still like the idea of the platform, but if they can't manage to get any notable titles ported to it... it's effectively dead in the water.

Funny because every title we have put on test in Japan has performed with high income numbers. Aka & Blue would pay for itself within 2 weeks at higher occupancy locations in Tokyo.

What you think works and what actually works can be two different things. Many “notable” titles are actually money losers for most arcades.
Happy to hear that they're generating good income in Tokyo. I'm skeptical that would hold true in other markets, but I suppose one can't know for sure.

Still eager to see what's next!
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Have you been in contact with Bikkuri Software, I think Graze Counter EX would be perfect for the system?
Also triangle service always seem to make interesting games, that Pengo multiplayer was insane fun. :awe:

An 'in house' development team is one thing that other companies have used to get new systems going, so to guarantee A list / exclusive titles on launch, perhaps people would crowd fund a game in advance if a few well liked developers were involved.
"Please contact the local attendant"
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan
eBay: Johnshibrpg
Initials: JPM

Post by MrJBRPG »

I have actually attended the California Extreme 2018 and was mostly excited for the Exa Arcadia booth because of the launch of a new platform with brand new experiences, even if the launch titles consist of definitive editions of existing entries.

I have posted my impressions on a few games, especially Cosmic Digger 3671, since another user pointed out that the green alien does reveal mystery items when showing a colored aura when passing over the location.
The post also shows my highest score from Sega Sonic Bros, a highly coveted prototype that was never released, and I am not aware of anybody beating my scores after I left.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 6#p1328106

I look forward to any hints of news in regards to anything Exa Arcadia because it will be an exciting new era of arcade gaming experience when reaching Holiday 2018 / Winter 2019 launch period.

Also, I encourage all followers of and readers into Exa Arcadia to listen to the whole interview conducted by Arcade Heroes about Exa Arcadia:

Also, this is a good time to spread awareness about Exa Arcadia to your nearest arcade vendor thanks to a publicly available interview. Let them know about Exa Arcadia and check out the interview to get the full picture. One phrase that works well would be the following:

"Exa Arcadia is the Neo Geo of today and more. Each Exa Arcadia cabinet can store up to 4 games and has universal standard layout, making it a very affordable choice for operators."

I hope you guys have luck spreading the word.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

jimmerd wrote: August 14th, 2018, 9:41 pm Have you been in contact with Bikkuri Software, I think Graze Counter EX would be perfect for the system?
Also triangle service always seem to make interesting games, that Pengo multiplayer was insane fun. :awe:

An 'in house' development team is one thing that other companies have used to get new systems going, so to guarantee A list / exclusive titles on launch, perhaps people would crowd fund a game in advance if a few well liked developers were involved.
Graze Counter’s art doesn’t lend itself well to the Wedtern marketplace but we have talked to them before.

We are setting up an internal team for future development.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

For those that don't keep up with Twitter (I don't), 6th launch for exA is

Nippon Marathon TURBO HYPER RUNNING

Nippon Marathon is a "new, funny, crazy, Japanese multiplayer party game for PC, Xbox, PS4 and Switch". And you can now add arcades to the list as well.

Honestly, I could see this being an OK earner in a huge dedicated cab. As a software kit, not sure!
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

nem wrote: August 21st, 2018, 8:58 am For those that don't keep up with Twitter (I don't), 6th launch for exA is

Nippon Marathon TURBO HYPER RUNNING

[media]https://www.hasntfiguredouthowtoembedyo ... fMBaSxOjnQ[/media]

Nippon Marathon is a "new, funny, crazy, Japanese multiplayer party game for PC, Xbox, PS4 and Switch". And you can now add arcades to the list as well.

Honestly, I could see this being an OK earner in a huge dedicated cab. As a software kit, not sure!

I am sure that there will be at least Four 4-player games to justify a universal 4 player cabinet pack. I wished there were more 4 player games even before Exa Lineup.

For a 4 player pack for a 4 player cabinet to happen, there has to be 2 more 4 player games, and I am sure they will be announced when closer to launch period.

Exa Arcadia did state that launch will have all games initially sold in 4-game sets, such as vertical and action sets. Hopefully there would be a 4 player universal cabinet set to come soon after the other two games get announced.

The 4 player set (theoretical):

Cosmic Digger (Heiankyo Alien) 3671 (maze caravan)
Nippon Marathon TURBO HYPER RACING (party racing)
Mystery Game 1 (maybe a beat-em-up)
Mystery Game 2 (some kind of sports or anything goes)

I look forward to more announcements, especially more 4 player, or even 4+ players through link-ups.

We all look forward to new announcements in the upcoming months before the Holiday 2018 / Winter 2019 launch window!

P.S.
I would really prefer Alien Digger 3671 or have the Heiankyo Alien as subtitle underneath Cosmic Digger because it can sometimes be a little confusing to the Cosmic Cavern 3671 based on title alone when I only discovered Cosmic Caverns from browsing Cosmic Digger on the internet. Maybe I am the one confused and should get used to the localized title.

Edit: When I looked into the steam page for the Mindware "Cosmic" series, it seems that Cosmic Digger might be more appropriate name then...
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

fun looking game
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

I got some questions in regards to universal genre and cocktail cabinets:

Universal genre templates (i.e. Driving and Gun Games)

Assuming that you have researched various single cabinets that features a variety of layouts and controls, do you plan to have a setup so that there are enough features so that developers can easily use those particular items for different games without being too limited or having to use all the features?
I am also sure that there will be different methods of accessing the game selection menu depending on the control setup, such as steering wheels and light guns.

Cocktail multiplayer and common requirements

When a game is made for cocktail multiplayer, with the UI being multi-directional, should developers have to make the game playable on the common standing horizontal cabinet?

Other questions

I know that you are open to many ideas to help revitalize the arcades through affordable multi-game machines, but could the Multi-game selection work for Redemption type machines, even with a multitude of button layouts?

Edit: Other news -

Prime Time Amusements have published a press release about Exa Arcadia and it is great that the new platform is becoming news all over the arcade space at the grassroots level:
https://primetimeamusements.com/exa-arc ... d-to-know/
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

I d love to play the exA games.
MrJBRPG
exA-Arcadia Super Fan

Post by MrJBRPG »

Latest good news:

Exa Arcadia has updated their site to include games and partners tab, each item with a short description do describe their selling point / unique niche.

This should be worth a good look in anticipation of the Q4 2018 / Q1 2019 launch window.
http://exa.ac/index.html