I'm currently playing:

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: I'm currently playing:

Post by markedkiller78 »

I’ve already played it on PS3 and PC, so it’s not the end of the world, but I was really looking forward to playing it handheld :cry:

I guess it gives me some time to play GB games in the interim 8-)
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I havent played it ever and had pre-ordered as well for the switch, I'm not too pushed as i have a **** tonne of stuff to play and finish :lolno: :problem: and a **** tonne of stuff to do that is not playing games . I don't mind the delay as long as its right when its released.

I prefer the option of it on switch than other consoles as then i get to play it anywhere when i get the chance and suspend play :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

i ve been playing command conqueror x got it for like 47cent on the eshop. its alright and satisfies my wanting to rule the world !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

I just finished Super Mario Odyssey. I will play a little bit more to see what the game offers after completion and afterwards I will start Zelda Breath of the Wild
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Finished Uncharted 4 Chapter 11 and 12 with my son (who is totaly into Indiana Jones atm) today. This game is just insanely awesome.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
nonosto
eBay: nonostonordine
Initials: NOR

Post by nonosto »

So I will re play with all CPS2 game when I rceive my darksoft kit. I play always to daytona USA, OR2. When I have my new PC I will play Daytona USA 2 & 3. On Xbox 360 Daytona USA HD, radiant silvergun. So MK8 it's so wonderful.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Cab’s been getting a lot of play lately by some friends. We keep returning to the Street Fighter EX games. They’re **** great.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

pubjoe wrote:We keep returning to the Street Fighter EX games. They’re **** great.
Amen!
Emulation's nice when done well
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Thimbleweed Park on Switch, and Mole Mania on GameBoy
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Oh, and I've been playing Culdcept Revolt. Loving it.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

cools wrote:Thimbleweed Park on Switch, and Mole Mania on GameBoy
How are you finding Thimbleweed Park? I’d forgotten about that. And I’d forgotten about Mole Mania too. I’ve completed the first 4 levels iirc. They’re a nice length to do one per session.
LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote:
pubjoe wrote:We keep returning to the Street Fighter EX games. They’re **** great.
Amen!
They’re better than I remember and my memory of them was great. It has an awesome version of Ken (I love doing his roll for needless effect) and it’s probably the Street Fighter game where I’m most happy to use any random character. It’s got the accessibility/depth balance spot on too.

I really liked SF4 in it’s time but other than polygon count it doesn’t do much that the EX games didn’t do at least as well many years before. And Arika’s additional characters are far far better than Dimps’ characturds.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:think: I 've never played a sf ex game ,never came across them in any arcade or shop for that matter , might try and pick up a ps version at some point. and finally give it a go.

cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

pubjoe wrote:
cools wrote:Thimbleweed Park on Switch, and Mole Mania on GameBoy
How are you finding Thimbleweed Park? I’d forgotten about that. And I’d forgotten about Mole Mania too. I’ve completed the first 4 levels iirc. They’re a nice length to do one per session.
Thimbleweed Park is great. The writing is some of Ron Gilbert's best. I've not completed it yet - I think I'm on the last/last but one chapter - and I've whittled away about 14 hours. Some evenings I've even stayed up way past my bedtime playing it.

A couple of the puzzles very early on I found too tough. It's clear the screen sizes offered by modern RAM/load times allow a lot of sprawl that wouldn't have been feasible in the past, making observational puzzles more difficult than they should be - lots of area to search combined with a large list of unrelated puzzles that also need solving... The Switch in handheld makes any tiny object searches more luck than judgement too.

However - there's an in-game hint system that's so well done it'd be a shame if there were no reasons to use it!

(There's an option called "Toilet Paper Over" I've been wondering about until now - quick search reveals this, should say a lot.)

Mole Mania - working my way through map 4. I'll pick it up, do a screen and put it back down. Screen by screen autosaving in a GameBoy game? Brilliant. It's about as flawless a game as I can think of.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

geotrig wrote::think: I 've never played a sf ex game ,never came across them in any arcade or shop for that matter , might try and pick up a ps version at some point. and finally give it a go.
I never saw it in an arcade and I’d likely have ignored it if a friend didn’t buy the PlayStation version. Tbh the first impressions were a bit tricky to get over and I didn’t like it quite as much as the Alpha games that were the alternative at the time.

But it ended up mt8 entertainment for hundreds and hundreds of hours. It was a really popular game for mixed abilities, and was the first and only Streetfighter game some friends could play well. That element wasn’t a fluke and it’s occurred again now. A friend who I’d normally win against on any other version of SF is an absolute beast with SFEX Zangief. But it doesn’t feel like unfair balancing. Other than combo damage scaling I don’t think the game does any trickery like that. He’s just managed to get really good with Zags.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

pubjoe wrote:Cab’s been getting a lot of play lately by some friends. We keep returning to the Street Fighter EX games. They’re **** great.
Is the emulation any good now? https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... ter+ex+pcb
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

:lol:
cools wrote:Mole Mania - working my way through map 4. I'll pick it up, do a screen and put it back down. Screen by screen autosaving in a GameBoy game? Brilliant. It's about as flawless a game as I can think of.
It is fantastic. And yeah, that’s a good point about the saving. The difficulty ramp has been great which can make or break a puzzle game like this.
cools wrote:
pubjoe wrote:Cab’s been getting a lot of play lately by some friends. We keep returning to the Street Fighter EX games. They’re **** great.
Is the emulation any good now? https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... ter+ex+pcb
Seems fine to me. Years ago I used to use Zinc to emulate it but today Mame seems spot on... other than a very occasional graphics glitch on the character select that corrected itself by the next screen transition. But this might have been due to the PC running inside a cab all through a sunny day.
Last edited by cools on July 23rd, 2018, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

I may have a lead on a SFEX daughter board. Not sure if it can be upgraded to Plus, though...
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Cools, you just edited my post at the same time as me.

Opposing speechmarks breaking the quote? **** phone keyboards. :problem:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

pubjoe wrote:Cools, you just edited my post at the same time as me.

Opposing speechmarks breaking the quote? **** iPhone keyboards. :problem:
FTFY
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

;roll;