Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
youngmoney
eBay: karlgyalog

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by youngmoney »

Greetings from Sweden. Long time player of arcade games but just recently got into original hardware. Have a new Astro City incoming and I'm currently looking for some good games to get started with. Mainly here to browse the buy/sell sections. Cheers!
TwoP
Please Continue...
eBay: Kaede-uk
Initials: MIK

Post by TwoP »

Hi there,

I'm a long time lurker of the forums from the Killercabs days, and now with a house big enough to host a candy cab or two.
I've been studying Japanese for several years and visited Japan 3 times, and HEY arcade twice! ;) I attend regular Japanese meet up groups in London once a month

I'm a huge CAVE/Capcom fan looking for an Astro/Aero/Blast/Net City to get me started with a MAME set up. Any condition considered!

Cheers,
Mike
skulljab
Please Continue...
eBay: skulljab
Initials: ACE

Post by skulljab »

I've been interested/ obsessed with arcade cabinets my whole life, glad to have found this sanctuary.
ArcadePT
eBay: ArcadePT
Initials: JOE

Post by ArcadePT »

kravex wrote:Hello, my name is Ricardo and I'm from Portugal. Long time retro collector and game enthusiast.
Can someone please give me access to the marketplace? I'm interested in some stuff from there. :angel:
Thanks
Welcome aboard mate!
Stay and enjoy.
horse
Please Continue...
eBay: Choclat
Initials: ace

Post by horse »

hi guys,

im after a vewlix and joined the forum upon recommendation from arcade-projects, glad to be part of the community
Wallsy
eBay: stewalls
Initials: STE

Post by Wallsy »

Hi, Wallsy (Steve) from Wigan, also on shmups, own a new net city and most cave boards :awe:
Bigsingerdawg
Please Continue...
eBay: Bigsingerdawg
Initials: Mdw

Post by Bigsingerdawg »

Marc here, from New York originally but now living in Canada and more specifically Toronto.

Been to Japan once and generally just a huge video game addic....enthusiast.

I have a almost full MVS/AES collection with a modified HDMI AES that is the absolute bomb. Have tons of games and home console systems. The most rare thing I have outside of my MVS/AES is a numbered 1 of 200 Japanese Resident Evil Blue Dreamcast it is glorious :awe: .

What else, before I get to why I'm here recently? I was able to buy a few animated art cels from Mega man 8 outside of ebay which are being frames and are everything.

Okay so why I'm here!

Living in Canadia is tough, it's not the US and it's not Japan. We don't have tons of Blast City/New Versus City/MVS cabs around and easy to procure. Started getting the wheels turning on getting a pallet of 9-18 cabinets from an international merchant for myself and others in Toronto.

I'm pretty sure I can't fit the cab in the room I want it in (I measured, so close, 2 inches away), but I'm not going to let that stop me, really want to get a cab in the next few years and start a CP and maybe Naomi collection/PC hookup.

New to the hobby from a coin op perspective so pretty computer savvy but not really cabinet savvy so looking forward to being a member vs just lurking and engaging with the community and hopefully getting some people including myself some holy grails they will love and cherish forever.
downtownclown
Please Continue...
eBay: captainz86
Initials: ZOD

Post by downtownclown »

Greetings fellow humans, my pairental units call me Rudy,
My location is the California section of planet earth,
I have a unhealthy obsession with all things Arcade. I been into pinball and video games for years, recently at the scrapyard I work at I found a sit down Arcade or as the cool kids call it, a candy cab.
now I’m here to learn more about these Japanese machines and to hopefully restore this one that I found.
pecker
Please Continue...
eBay: johan-jeanb
Initials: jbj

Post by pecker »

hi,

I'm pecker, a 26 year-old arcade Fan from France.

I've love been collecting old stuff and arcade stuff, my first cab of my life is maked by sega "the ocean hunter" :batlove:
I only have a nintendo playchoice 10 fullset cab & games, sega mega-tech cab and neogeo MVS 4 slots cab.
ps: (for playing in the summer with my sweetie ocean hunter PCB i have a projector and two big gun turrels) :awe: :awe: :awe: .

i m good on electronic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
why make it simple when we can make it complicated?
the Shadoks.,
crisemmm
Please Continue...
eBay: medinacristiaan
Initials: CWM

Post by crisemmm »

Hi! My name is Cristian. I currently own 2 cabs (Sega Aero CIty and a Namco Noir clone). Im hoping to find more cabs here or other goodies!
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Welcome to the forums!
pecker wrote:hi,

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Is pecker your real name? :oops:
mv1f
Please Continue...
eBay: libarrasso

Post by mv1f »

Hi, I'm mv1f. When I was in college I owned a Neo Candy 29 but I had to get rid of it because moving it is a pain. These days I've been messing with a Naomi without a cab and like to mess with electronics.
mart3318
Please Continue...
eBay: adamdmartinez
Initials: ADM

Post by mart3318 »

Hello, I'm Adam from Champlin, Minnesota, U.S.A. (Minneapolis–Saint Paul area). I'm 33. I joined the forum maybe in 2013, but I'm introducing myself now because I hope to begin collecting some arcade hardware and games in the very near future.

I had previously lived in South Korea and may return this year. I'm worried about importing hardware and games because I think it may be restrictive.

I would be especially interested to chat with members living in South Korea. If you're here, please share what you know!

Thank you!
"McSNES" (ADM) / High Scores
Bigsingerdawg
Please Continue...
eBay: Bigsingerdawg
Initials: Mdw

Post by Bigsingerdawg »

Hey guys, bigsingerdawg here.
Originally from New York but living in Toronto. Hoping to get a blast city cab have a pretty great neo geo AES/MVS collection but the dream is some choice cps1/cps2 and some Naomi.

Big game collector but pretty new to coin op so appreciate all the help and support from the group.

Happy gaming

Marc
DNA117
Please Continue...
eBay: dynamite***

Post by DNA117 »

Hi all

I’m from the UK and have been lurking in the forums for a while now.

Really into my retro games from the 80’s and I’ve just finished restoring my Vewlix Dia so I thought its time to actually join the forum :awe:
sambabox
Banned
eBay: danielp9413

Post by sambabox »

Hi there my name is Daniel from germany i´m 38 years old and i m looking for new frendships
my cabs are Astro City2 and Sega Net City .
handbaked
Please Continue...
eBay: handbakedrecords

Post by handbaked »

Hi

Tom here, I look after around 80 retro arcade machines that are in commercial use. An on-going passion and obsession. I have huge gaps in my knowledge and hoping to fill some of them here.

Cheers.
evildoberman
Please Continue...
eBay: mario
Initials: Gab

Post by evildoberman »

hello im mario from holland i got 2 astro city 2 cabinets that i realy like and to keep in perfect order if possible :D
Kornte
Please Continue...
eBay: Kornte
Initials: Cyr

Post by Kornte »

Hello ! My name is Fredrik , live in Sweden and down a Sega Astro City (under repair)
kobayuz777
Please Continue...
eBay: koba27300036

Arcade game is wonderful!!

Post by kobayuz777 »

My name is kobayuz777. I am Japanese.
I like arcade games, recently I started collecting again.
I mainly like Capcom's cps 2 game.
Recently I am trying to repair the game.
nice to meet you! :P