Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by zak »

Chempop wrote:I am chempop (pronounced 'shem-poo') i buy all your cave pcbs, ship to france?

:lolno:
:lol:
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

joshihatsumitsu wrote:Hi, I put the Josh in joshihatsumitsu! :)

As I collect a lot of games, arcade PCB's have been dominating, so it felt like this forum would be relevant to join.

I tend to convince myself that I collect for reasons of preservation (updated VAPS list here), but really, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't bother!

I've built the cabinets that I own, all from scratch, using all the original parts I can find. The last one I finished earlier this year... a throwback to Taito cocktail cabs:

There's more... but that'll do for an introduction! :D

:thumbup: welcome
joshihatsumitsu
eBay: goshitsjosh
Initials: JAH

Post by joshihatsumitsu »

Flinnster wrote:Yeah, if you have any in progress pics of how you made that one, they woud be good to see! :awe:
Thanks for the warm welcomes! :D

In a nutshell:

I tend to put a lot stuff on my Instagram (which I leave as public, so not pressure to follow). Be warned: I like to cook... :roll:
32shot
eBay: 16shot

Post by 32shot »

Hello all!

Long time lurker here so thought a quick introduction was somewhat overdue.

What can be said otherwise... I'm an old timer who appreciates a credit or two when there's some spare time, having made a slow return to things arcade related after a short episode in the early 1990s, when the impatient teenager i was then failed to grasp even the basic technical notions this hobby requires. Needless to day it never went very far.

Arcade Otaku's invaluable resource of knowledge and info has done a great job of keeping my interest up, and so i'm hoping i can contribute in the ways i can keeping these fine old things we all love up and running for a while longer :)
MrLune
Please Continue...
eBay: Mr_lune
Initials: Adn

Post by MrLune »

Hello arcaders !

I m Mister Lune from France.
I m 39 years old and was born with a gameboy...
That’s why i have a blast city in the kitchen :)
See you on the forum !

Bye :)
max330mega
Please Continue...
eBay: max330mega

Post by max330mega »

hi
i m max330mega from france. (so sorry for my bad english)
owner of 2 egret 2 with some cave pcb and a mini kiddy sammy cabinet.
i m often on the neogeofans french forum, also on the neo arcadia and gamoover ones.

the games i love :

dodonpachi
ketsui
street of rage 2
ico
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Post by Flinnster »

joshihatsumitsu wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcomes! :D

In a nutshell:

I tend to put a lot stuff on my Instagram (which I leave as public, so not pressure to follow). Be warned: I like to cook... :roll:
Very tidy stuff there for homebrew cabs :D
WTD: Rolling Thunder pcb, ANY Dino King / Love & Berry / MushiKing spare parts!!
nostos
eBay: dantepr

Post by nostos »

Hi folks,
Thank you to have accepted me among you. I'm from Italy.
I spent a lot of time at the arcades since when I was young in the 70s until the '90s, when the arcade places began to disappear from my town.
I bought my first cabinet in 2005 and since then I started collecting at a slow pace arcade pcbs.
I've got 132boards now, most of them original, but some bootleg too such as bubble bobble because of the high price it reached.
The prices of the pcbs has grown significantly since I began collecting, and I still hope some day prices will seattle down to more reasonable value.
My favorite all time games are: Astro Blaster, Mr. Do!, Bosconian, Gaplus, Ghosts'n Goblins, Raiden, Bubble Bobble and Ikaruga!
Apart of GNG and Bubble Bobble, all of the others above are original games.
I wish you all happy arcade gaming.
Cheers
antoniovillena
Please Continue...
eBay: antonio_villena
Initials: AVG

Post by antoniovillena »

Hi

I am Antonio Villena from Spain. I have bought a custom made arcade cabinet and I am new in this world. I want to learn in this forum.

Regards
Tchan
Please Continue...
eBay: thierry_ver

Post by Tchan »

Hello,

I'm an IT analyst during the day, and programmer in my free time (which is scarce these days unfortunately).
I've been on the net since a long while, so you might remember PsxTulz which I made when I was a student, many many years back.
I'm a fan of the Dreamcast architecture, and want to explore its arcade variants, but haven't taken the time to connect my Naomi 1 & 2 properly.
I'm a total noob concerning arcade hardware, but I'm willing to learn, which is why I register here :)
neomvs75
Please Continue...
eBay: coconutrepublique
Initials: a.a

Post by neomvs75 »

hello registered for the first time on a fan arcade site

I salute you all by hoping to learn from your knowledge.

and have cordial and friendly exchanges :D
UltimateTofu
Please Continue...
eBay: UltimateTofu

Post by UltimateTofu »

Hi all!

My name is Mark and I’m an Engineer for post production companies in the Hollywood area.

I’ve recently started collecting a few arcade machines including Initial D ver.3 twin and a couple Blast City cabinets. I’m looking forward to being apart of arcade otaku :)

Also, I have a lot of old Sony PVM and JVC TM-H1 CRT monitors which would be perfect for testing and playing boards if anyone is local to the SoCal area. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you’re interested.
MooshJamma
Please Continue...
eBay: Moosh_da_moosh
Initials: JMI

Post by MooshJamma »

Hi! I'm J. As of recently, I am a proud owner of a New Astro City cab but it needs some work before I can get it working. I had no prior knowledge of arcade stuff before purchasing it and I hope to get some tech support on these forums! :D
barky65
Please Continue...
eBay: barky6505

Post by barky65 »

Hi there! I'm currently trying to fulfill my life long dream of owning a candy cabinet. I'm currently most bent on importing a vewlix clone from ali baba, though I still have a lot of research to do. This site has been great so far, and I hope I can ask more direct questions to those with much more experience doing this!
barky65
Please Continue...
eBay: barky6505

Post by barky65 »

MooshJamma wrote:Hi! I'm J. As of recently, I am a proud owner of a New Astro City cab but it needs some work before I can get it working. I had no prior knowledge of arcade stuff before purchasing it and I hope to get some tech support on these forums! :D
arrrgh! Why couldn't you have gotten it a year ago when I was still living in philly! I would've loved to help troubleshoot that, I'm a field engineer by trade that repairs robotics
Steven4815
Please Continue...
eBay: freakin_stevie
Initials: SAV

Post by Steven4815 »

Hey everyone. I'm Stephen, a retro electronics enthusiast. I'm fluent in Japanese and have a small collection of Japanese arcade hardware that I'm looking to make bigger.
kenshiro51
Please Continue...
eBay: Kenshiro051

Post by kenshiro51 »

hello all, after several several years to want arcade game I finally made the decision :-) egret 2 with wei ya tri frequency and a sega megalo bench. the picture is not as nice as a new net city but as i can have only one arcade game at home with this system I can put everything. I have only 2 pcb: super pang and toki and I hope to find shadow dancer :-)
gique
eBay: none

Post by gique »

Hello, Japan resident and owner of an Egret 3, not selling anything just looking for a few technical answers here and there!

Thanks!
tholien

Post by tholien »

Hello,
I realize that I have not made any introduction.

I am French, 36 years old.
I've bought the first cab 15 years ago

I come to read mainly the technical subjects
ziggy86
Please Continue...
eBay: ziggy_86
Initials: SEK

Post by ziggy86 »

Hello from Australia. I'm Sam. I've joined for technical advice and restoration tips on candy cabs. Big fan of CPS2 and beat 'em ups.