How do you store your bare pcb?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Zorro
Please Continue...
eBay: Stjoseph2110

Re: How do you store your bare pcb?

Post by Zorro »

FrancoB wrote:
Zorro wrote:And in the u.s. on mouser it costs about $10 for the same box. I may just have to order from the eu. Any people from the u.s. use anything like this? I have a few too many boards
BCC64394318F - £7.45 = $10.48

BCC96394318F - £7.90 = $11.12

You're better off buying them locally.
But i was looking at this link from the thread:

http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/product ... 07b60ca587

2.07 pounds cant be more than 4.50
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

:oops: that’s my fault.

http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/product ... nsit-packs

The price is based on the size. The useful ones are £6+
bluesilvergun
Please Continue...
eBay: blue-silvergun
Initials: CMK

Post by bluesilvergun »

Just been storing them in shoe boxes with bubble wrap. I like a lot of the ideas on here tho. I may get some of those black boxes and make custom labels. Very nice
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

My storage is full, time to sell off some PCBs... :(
(cabs are packed with PCBs and that doesnt feel so safe as storage...)
manimani
eBay: paradise-avenue
Initials: sly

Post by manimani »

zak wrote:Nice! Why do you have 2 of each game? :D
Honnestly dunno, i have keep them from very long time, now they are part of the landscape :lol:
mozie wrote:Really nice setup but 2 x OutRuns? Thats just being greedy :lol:
In fact i have 1 in the cab and i buy the pcbs you see on the shelf in Japan 2 years ago. This Sega pcb is really fragile so when I had the opportunity i just buy them.
Nothing will bring returned spot of an electron gun which varies according to luminous intensity, and sweep screen creating perfect scanlines. (C) Epsylon
8bitforlife
eBay: Emulat0r
Initials: RB.

Post by 8bitforlife »

snk80 wrote:here one parts of my collection

site that sell it seems miss from internet :cry: :cry: :cry:
Which site did you buy these boxs from and more importantly how did you print out the stickers for the box? Thats a cool idea. It looks great.
Archina
Please Continue...
eBay: archina2255
Initials: ARC

Post by Archina »

I have my boards protected like this. That way the PCBs can be stored without me worrying about damaging them and if I ever want to use them again, I don't have to spend time unwrapping/unboxing. It's all just plug and play.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

:lol:
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

Those property crime stickers look legit! :-o
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Archina
Please Continue...

Post by Archina »

rugdoctor wrote:Those property crime stickers look legit! :-o
That's because they are. I blurred the info part yet I have all of my tech documented in a police-accessible database. So should anyone break into my house I can mark what is stolen, tell-tale marks, S/Ns, ect so should someone find/sell it, they know who it really belongs to. Though afaik it's UK only so those outside can't use it. Which is a shame.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I'm going to break in and clean your keyboard.
Archina
Please Continue...

Post by Archina »

It looks far worse on camera than in person. It's a sod for focusing on dust/dirt and not the actual product. :lol: ngl though I should get around to giving it a bit of a wipe over. Though that's time I could be spending working on my supergun!
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

Are the rates of belongings recovery very high if they get stolen? I was pondering about a similar system for my lot as well. Also, does it guantantee 100% value replacement from the insurance company since you have this system in place?
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Archina
Please Continue...

Post by Archina »

rugdoctor wrote:Are the rates of belongings recovery very high if they get stolen? I was pondering about a similar system for my lot as well. Also, does it guantantee 100% value replacement from the insurance company since you have this system in place?
I'd say the recovery rate would be higher than normal if you document them correctly (As if an item is found, they can use the specific markings to figure out it's yours.) Though it's not 100% guaranteed. Marking the item as stolen is treated the same way you'd phone the police to say "someone stole [X item] from me!" so incorrectly marking an item as stolen may get you into trouble. As for insurance, it depends on your policy. Chances are they'll be more willing to do something if you have it documented and get the police involved. If you're a collector however, I'd make sure to get a custom policy for your house that covers your entire collection instead of individual items as well as having video evidence of you owning said items.

Note: I am just a collector so don't assume I know all the workings. It's your job to keep your collection safe!
system11

Post by system11 »

Covering your PCBs and using them like that is a bad idea - it will increase the working temperature.

As for insurance with Lloyds it was as easy as phoning them and explaining what the collection was and the rough total value, and I was told they'd make a note and it would be covered without paying extra as long as I keep an inventory. Realistically if someone breaks in they're not taking the PCBs, they're taking small things you can easily sell at a boot sale. Other than that it's fire/water damage to worry about really.
Random blog of stuff:
http://blog.system11.org
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I guess I should've tried Lloyds then because I found insuring the lot as a collection was a bit of a faff. I found many insurers wouldn't cover collections of electronics, they're used to antiques and the like.

It's only something I've really had to think about over the last year as things have gone bananas. It was worth the effort rather than having to list individual cabs or kits over a certain value.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I’m with HBOS and have to declare anything over £1500. Do Lloyd’s not insist on that?
Archina
Please Continue...

Post by Archina »

system11 wrote:Covering your PCBs and using them like that is a bad idea - it will increase the working temperature.
I end up protecting them like that as I don't want them damaging other stuff and in the current project I'm working on, they're going to end up on top of each other. So I need something non-conductive and (somewhat) durable to be able to pull that off. As for temperatures I'm not one for having boards on all day (a couple hours at most) and regarding said project we're doing good on the airflow side. So it's not like they're being crammed into a vent-less cab and being abused 24/7.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Post by Unknownsou »

So, I'm pretty new to buying PCBs, and I'm trying to figure out the right boxes I should get to stash them. What dimensions should I be looking for if I want to store all of my boards in a consistently-sized box? I'm guessing CPS-2 boards are probably about as big as it gets, for the most part... but who knows?

It also seems like, as much as I kinda like the idea of having antistatic foam in the boxes, using antistatic bubble wrap might make more sense overall. That foam is probably going to make it impossible to store CPS-2 stuff or Neo Geo/PGM carts, unless I get some comically oversized boxes.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

I personally wouldn't store a tiny PCB in a giant box, just for the sake of it matching the rest of your boxes... nor would I bother using anti static foam/bubble wrap on a cartridge that's already in a plastic shell.

I guess you have to ask yourself what the goal is, building a collection of games to play, or making a nice uniform shelf full of boxes?