Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Awbacon
Please Continue...
eBay: Awbacon
Initials: Aeb

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Awbacon »

gweempose wrote:Hello there! I'm Brian from Chicago. I just picked up my second arcade game (a Tatio Groove Coaster 3). I have no idea what the heck it is saying most of the time, but it sure is fun! My other game is a Nintendo R-Type, which I managed to snag for free a few years ago out of someone's garage.

Besides arcade games, I also love pinball. I enjoy buying them, fixing them up, modding them, and most of all, playing them. :D
Haha I get to introduce myself as ANOTHER Chicago guy right behind you.

Nice to be here. Getting into arcade collecting since I’ve hit a roadblock in console gaming and I am expanding my interests
bipedal
Please Continue...
eBay: bipedal_0
Initials: CSB

Post by bipedal »

Oh man I sure am excited to get into yet another hobby I can't afford. Been in ORI for just over a year now and I'm finding out about how much more expensive it is to import stuff than from the states. Oh well. I make videos and I swear I'm going to somehow have myself a blast city cabinet before the year is up.
GoenitzNYC
Please Continue...
eBay: GoenitzNYC
Initials: JAV

Post by GoenitzNYC »

Hello,

I am into mostly Capcom CPS/CPS2 boards and the occasional Sega System 16/24/32 and other.

Getting back into the whole "Retro-game" thing, luckily I held on to most of my stuff. I have two boards with issues and am hoping to seek some good help and/or direction here.

I was recommended this site by a fellow retro-gamer.

Best regards,

GoenitzNYC
snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Post by snowblindz »

Hello! My name is Brandon and i'm from Missouri in the USA. I've been in love with arcade games since the age of 3... I'm now 39 years old. My favorite arcade game of all time is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting. But I love pretty much all genres. I spent a lot of my time in arcades growing up. Not long ago I was able to visit the Galloping Ghost in Illinois and felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

Just recently I've been tirelessly searching for information to restore my Konami Windy I candy cab back to it's former glory. I thought I had lost it when we moved in 2009. One day I drove by the old house and decided to stop and chat with the new owner. Amazingly 9 years later they still had my Windy cabinet in the basement. I went through an ordeal of not having my key to the coin door and by some miracle I found it in a moving box loose among many other things. I have the cabinet in pieces right now getting ready to power wash it and buy new hardware (screws/bolts) because the ones in the cabinet were rusted and stripped (basement flood).

Anyway In my search for information on my Windy, I stumbled upon this site, and it seems like the best place on the internet to help me out.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/rOu3V"><a href="//imgur.com/rOu3V"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
gweempose
Please Continue...
eBay: gweempose
Initials: BRI

Post by gweempose »

snowblindz wrote:Not long ago I was able to visit the Galloping Ghost in Illinois and felt like I had died and gone to heaven.
Yeah, it's a pretty amazing place. I feel so lucky to live so close.
wataru
Please Continue...
eBay: zeron_tlc
Initials: LOS

Post by wataru »

Hi.I'm new to this board and like to say Hello to all Arcade fans.
To bad I started very late getting into arcade PCB's because the stuff has been getting really expensive.
I got already an upright horizontal cab (nothing fancy) and a handful of Shmup PCB's at home and hope to find some more and a vertical cab too in the future without breaking the bank ;-)
Suicyco
eBay: suicyco_fin
Initials: SUI

Post by Suicyco »

Hello gang,

My name is Pekka and I'm from Helsinki, Finland. Currently it is about -13 C / 9 F outside, but luckily my arcade collection is safely stored in house (all around the house actually). I have a generic rotatable JAMMA cab (an AR-1100, a popular classic model over here) and also a Daytona USA upright model plus around 65 PCBs.
I'm also trying to complete my MVS collection - I have 10 carts to go at the moment, but of course some of them are really expensive ones :( .
In addition to video games, I'm heavily into pinball. I currently have 9 full size pinball machines at home and more in a rental place in downtown Helsinki. If you haven't tried playing a real pinball machine recently, I would definitely recommend trying one, because the current ones have really good rules (meaning there's a lot to do in the game) and there's just something magical about whacking a real steel ball around.
Anyway, enough rambling, looking forward to being a part of the community!
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Welcome aboard newcomers. :awe:
snowblindz wrote:Hello! My name is Brandon and I'm from Missouri in the USA. I've been in love with arcade games since the age of 3... I'm now 39 years old. My favourite arcade game of all time is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting....

Just recently I've been tirelessly searching for information to restore my Konami Windy...
Good luck and keep at it. :thumbupright:

Information and parts for Windies are extremely rare but if you need any info hit me up. I've got a pair myself and picked up this beauty a couple of weeks back...
unnamed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snowblindz
Please Continue...
eBay: snowblindz
Initials: BC

Post by snowblindz »

yosai wrote:Welcome aboard newcomers. :awe:
snowblindz wrote:Hello! My name is Brandon and I'm from Missouri in the USA. I've been in love with arcade games since the age of 3... I'm now 39 years old. My favourite arcade game of all time is Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting....

Just recently I've been tirelessly searching for information to restore my Konami Windy...
Good luck and keep at it. :thumbupright:

Information and parts for Windies are extremely rare but if you need any info hit me up. I've got a pair myself and picked up this beauty a couple of weeks back...

YES! That right there is my dream come to life! I will definitely take you up on the offer to hit you up with questions! Super rare to even know another Windy owner it seems. As I said in my introduction it's been since 2009 since I've even seen mine.
rtype
Please Continue...
eBay: shandybean
Initials: AJP

Post by rtype »

Hi, I'm Andy, also known as R-Type on Jamma+ and UKVAC. Been trying to get back into arcade related goodness after a hiatus of about 5 years. Having 3 children interfered with my gaming unfortunately.

Fave games are from mid to late 80s up to mid 90s. Earliest game I can remember playing would have been either Kung Fu Master or Pleaids. I currently have 3 cabs, a generic woody jamma cab, an Electrocoin S.C.I. cab and a Zaccaria Track & Field/Hypersports cab. I'm originally from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire, but live in Buckingham now.

Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces and hope to meet some new people too.

Andy
ekorz
eBay: evankorzon

Post by ekorz »

Have I not done this yet? I'm ekorz from arcade-projects and KLOV. Interests are arcade stuff (lots of fighters) and RGB'd consoles. Hi there!
djlunchbox
Please Continue...
eBay: suthern_mixer
Initials: rjm

Post by djlunchbox »

Hello all!! Ray here from sunny los angeles CA!!

Just got heavy into retro gaming. Built a few bartops but i'm totally looking into getting 1 or 2 candy cabs by years end!
servo
Please Continue...
eBay: Serv0tronic
Initials: NEI

Post by servo »

Hello folks.

Servo from Ohio, just got the ol mitts on a supergun and looking to go deeper down the arcade hole. Trying to expand out to cabinets when I get the space! Working on collecting boards are all sorts of rgb retro console stuff for right now.
spotUP
eBay: spotUPROUGH
Initials: spt

Post by spotUP »

Hi all! Spot here, from Sweden!
I’ve been into old computers and arcades since the late 80’s.

I recently bought myself a Sega Blast City cab and enjoying the arcade scene a lot again!
ssppllaatt
Please Continue...
eBay: 01010011s
Initials: Ssu

Post by ssppllaatt »

Hi I'm Simon, have played arcade games all my life but now, finally, have one of my own.
Kilou26
Please Continue...
eBay: nicoladussa-8
Initials: KLU

Post by Kilou26 »

Hi I'm Nico from France, I usually on Neo Arcadia Forum, I have an Egret 2 cabinet and 2 pachislot :)
crocky
Please Continue...
eBay: suv-20

Post by crocky »

Hi,

I am originally from India missed school to pop into the arcades, built up a decent collection there of both original and bootleg mainly CPS1 in 2013. Lived in Oz for a long time and got into collecting using eBay. I am nearing end of my collecting and I tell myself Ibara Kuro and R-Type Leo would be final two board. I cannot afford DDPSDOJ. Basically I had given up collecting earlier and had regretted it. Now I have decided to just enjoy what I have and stop collecting (hopefully).

I generally use arpicade to play games even if I own them, mainly to reduce wear and tear but then I feel the emulation isnt right for a few games.

The games I generally play -
1. Galaga
2. Sega Monaco GP Remake by Geecab using a proper spinner (TurboTwist)
3. Contra (NES)
4. Street Fighter 2 all variants (though its dull playing against the computer. I miss competing against others in an arcade).

I used to spend a lot of time in #roms-isos (EFNET) back in early 2000s - anyone here from the channel?
Bernardon
Please Continue...
eBay: Bernardon2005
Initials: Bnc

Post by Bernardon »

Hello.

I am from Spain.
I like old retro game consoles , and arcade machines.
I have an old Wood cabinet, a pinball machine fish tales, and I have 3 new astro city cabinets.

This forun is very good for general information, and is dedicated to candys.
Hello everybody.
Sorry for my English :D i do my best. :awe: :awe:
Breakerpc34
Please Continue...
eBay: Breakerpc

Post by Breakerpc34 »

Hello , My Name is Daniel. I Come from Germany . I have Snk Candy25 and Sega Blast City.
nikemachu
eBay: nikemachu
Initials: GSR

Post by nikemachu »

Hello, I'm a collector about Neogeo MVS, I like all videogames, arcade, and consoles. I hope that we could enjoy our hobby together!! :D